PDA

View Full Version : 24/7/! What does that mean?

Penny
01-17-2007, 04:52 PM
I just finished a week of looking like a woman 24 hours each day. This was the second time I went that long within the last month. I have come to the conclusion that I could not do this indefinitely. Why? It seems to me that by looking like a woman would eventually I would have to assume the role and that I could not do emotionally or physically. Not only couldn't I do it, I wouldn't want to either.
In order to maintain my appearance, I would have to dress to the nines with
hair, makeup, body contour ect. and so it would become a necessity to stay in the role. For me, I think that would lose the pleasure I derive from dressing.
I considered this, I think most women view dressing up as either a luxury, essential or non-essential. For my wife, for who works in an office,
it is essential. The fact that it is expected yields few compliments so by and large, it is a task with little reward. By the way, that bra we all find soooooo
electrifing, she views as a necessity that digs into real parts of the body and
can be anything from uncomfortable to down right painful.
In my wife's last year of nursing school, I was transfered to a town about a hundred miles away. My job also required that I traveled so my wife stayed
with our 3 boys, ages two to ten and finished school. I am amazed that she
graduated, let alone with honors. I gaurantee you even makeup was the least of her concerns. So it is true, I believe, with most women, in today's fast paced world with all they have to content with, why dress to the nines, and rightly so. Women tend to be very practicle even more so than men most of the time. I know, as a CD, sometimes I can be very impactical
Here is a test, wash your wig if you wear one. At the same time, take a shower, dry off. blowdry your wig and curl it on your head. Get dressed,
put on makeup and leave for some destination and be there by eight am.
Good luck! It is vertually impossible but ggs seem to do it 5 days a week.
This valentine's day I am going to provide my wife the opportunity to get dressed up and hopefully feel that pretty feeling. That which she knows so well but rarely gets to have because she it too busy living life. The same one she unselfishly allows me to feel frequently.
Yes to be sure, it is a man's world. I am treated objectively rather than as an object. I am not discriminated against because of my sex. I think Karen Hutton is right to say "I have the best of both worlds". I'd best leave it that way.

:hugs:

Penny

PS Thanks to all you GGs for all you do, put up with and for being real; sometimes real can be hard to find among to panties, slips and so forth.:love:

Marla S
01-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Here is a test, wash your wig if you wear one. At the same time, take a shower, dry off. blowdry your wig and curl it on your head. Get dressed,
put on makeup and leave for some destination and be there by eight am.
Good luck! It is vertually impossible but ggs seem to do it 5 days a week.
My "women's routine" needs about 10-15 min (+15 min depilation every other day) longer in the morning than my "men's routine". That's acceptable and I do it almost every day.
The main difference is that GGs pass always, I never :heehee:

kerrianna
01-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Yup. I know, Penny, if I had been born a GG, I would have a similar attitude as my wife - do it up nice when I need to or want to and have the time - just get by with comfort and looking decent the rest of the time.

Most GGs don't have a posse of assistants keeping them beautiful like Hollywood actresses. Not only that, but most GGs are also expected to handle a whack of extra stuff to keep the household functioning that is taken for granted. And still look good doing it.

I would have been a tomboy. My wife just smiles patiently when I get dolled up to peel potatoes. You can see the "not in the real world, honey" look on her face. :heehee:

Kate Simmons
01-17-2007, 06:25 PM
I know. This is exactly how I felt after about 3 weeks of "24/7" as Ericka. MY questions were: where do they get the time, how do they do it, how are they still fairly pleasant after all the housework, laundry, errands, grocery shopping, cooking, children and possibly working? Simple answer really--they're women. We sometimes don't know just how good we have it as guys. They keep trying to tell us but well, since we're guys, as usual, we don't listen of course(duh). Go figure!:happy:

Sasha Anne Meadows
01-17-2007, 06:42 PM
I live 24/7 now. Just don't go out. (Not yet.)

Penny
01-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Yup. I know, Penny, if I had been born a GG, I would have a similar attitude as my wife - do it up nice when I need to or want to and have the time - just get by with comfort and looking decent the rest of the time.

Most GGs don't have a posse of assistants keeping them beautiful like Hollywood actresses. Not only that, but most GGs are also expected to handle a whack of extra stuff to keep the household functioning that is taken for granted. And still look good doing it.

I would have been a tomboy. My wife just smiles patiently when I get dolled up to peel potatoes. You can see the "not in the real world, honey" look on her face. :heehee:
In my book, they are all first ladies; they just don't live in the whitehouse
and I know they must get a charge out of some of the frilly, silly post here.

Penny

Penny
01-17-2007, 11:49 PM
I know. This is exactly how I felt after about 3 weeks of "24/7" as Ericka. MY questions were: where do they get the time, how do they do it, how are they still fairly pleasant after all the housework, laundry, errands, grocery shopping, cooking, children and possibly working? Simple answer really--they're women. We sometimes don't know just how good we have it as guys. They keep trying to tell us but well, since we're guys, as usual, we don't listen of course(duh). Go figure!:happy:

Hi Erika, I know one thing and it's definitely a guy thing. If it weren't for my wife, I'd never find anything even when I'm dressed:heehee:

Penny

ashlee chiffon
01-18-2007, 12:43 AM
for Me, half the fun in being a crossdresser Is the dressing...and the makeup...and the ability to dress in a feminine manner whatever the degree...The more i have done it, and i'm 50 ish and have dressed all my life *since 5 or 6 with my girl cousin*...i never tire of being in fem mode...always feel regret when having to return to the real world and feel all the preparation is worth the end result...
i still manage to be live a busy and successful male life...split with my homelife and dressing to some degree on a daily basis....but being single, it's easier to live part of my every day in fem....
if i didn't enjoy women so much and was much younger, transitioning would be a realistic consideration...and worth the the tradeoff's of a man's world....just for the great feeling of inner peace i would have...
of course, everyone is different and every situation is different and everyone in this lifestyle has different levels of committment and needs..
oh...i do my makeup in 15 minutes max...longer if i want to play more!
Femininity RUles!

Synchronicity
01-18-2007, 03:34 AM
I live 24/7 now. Just don't go out. (Not yet.)

I don't see how that is possible, unless you're fortunate enough to be able to hire people to do all your shopping and errands for you. Kind of sad though..., I hope you get out soon.:happy:

I dress 24/7 and have been doing so for quite some time now. If I plan on remaining indoors, I usually don't put on much makeup, if any, but when I do go out, it can take me an hour before I'm satisfied that my makeup and hair are at their best. Even that leaves a lot to be desired, however. :sad:

Lisa Golightly
01-18-2007, 04:02 AM
I'm 24/7... I've developed a shabby chic approach to life. :)

Amanda Jane
01-18-2007, 04:07 AM
don't go out? I can't even stand to have coffee inside instead of on the deck / I do not understand how you can stay inside all the time / and 24/7 is a bit much for me / i do have to sleep from time to time

cindychan
01-18-2007, 04:36 AM
I've never done 24/7 but the most for me en femme is about 10 hours. I'm a strange character of sorts and fancy a range from Women's clothes, to nice men's clothes, or even a biker look look at times. But hands down I like looking like a women better than a man. I just don't get the oppurtunity to do so as I like.

Kristinuh
01-18-2007, 06:59 AM
wow this is a very interesting topic............. Well as far as me I've been 24/7 since 2 years ago.... it wasnt easy as all your friends are used to seeing you the way you were and untill this day some of my friends still call me felix lol instead of Kristina but hey they've known me since i was 8 yrs old so it's hard for them.... one thing they never do is call me a he because they dont see a he, they see a " she " and no it's not very easy beeing a female.... I have to get up at 7:00am and go to work untill 3:30pm then come home, afterwords I clean the house, go to the store and buy groceries once a week.... laundy, cook, wash dishes then take a shower and get ready for bed.. it's a good feeling tho when the public call me Ma'am instead of sir :)

Much love to all you girls from me..........

Kristina

Cheryl GG
01-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Penny....your thoughts are spoken with such genuine care and honesty....I can tell that you see truly that we just go and go and dont give it a second thought...it is what is expected...what has to be to keep our worlds going...kids, jobs, the house, a marriage, then add in college later in life....we just do it...internal drive I think sometimes....when I can take a day and just stay in my pjs and ball cap...I take it - and many women do as well...I still take care of the kids the house and all my other responsibilities around here on those days, but dont have to do the hair the make-up the whole primp and put on the war paint thing....the respect that you have seen is to be commended...many men - CDers or other wise - they never appreciate what a GG goes thru just in one day to keep the world turning....your wife is lucky to have you and thank you for the kind words....I know she will love the pampering....xoxoC/