PDA

View Full Version : Shopping question

Mikala0589
01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
I ALWAYS go to Target to do my shopping. Anyone else like this? I dont know any other good places to go. I'm kind of pathetic about it also. I always pretend Im on the phone w/ my gf while im checking out, telling her "come on, we have to go now, ill meet you at the car".

I'm very BIG into lingerie. Anyone have ideas of good chain store to shop at where they have nice lingerie and it's not embarrassing to buy women's lingerie constantly. Thanks

Jodi
01-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Go to Victorias Secret. Go in with a big smile and confidence. Tell them what you are looking for and that it is for you. They will bend over backwards for you.

I spent the whole day today shopping in drab. I was in one store for over two hours (BCBG/Max Azzaria), about an hour of this was spent in the fitting room. The manager just kept bringing me in outfits to try. They were having a 50% off after Christmas sale. I was in five other stores trying on in all five in drab--J Crew, Eddie Bauer, Ann Taylor, Ninewest, and Liz Claiborne. In each store, I was upfront with the SA, and it was no problem. Was a fun day, and I got some real bargains.

Point is--there are no problems shopping in drab. It is a fun experience, and with a good SA helping you, you get clothes that match, fit and look great on you.

Now get out there and shop.

Jodi

Lanore
01-17-2007, 07:50 PM
I know the feeling. I like Walmart self check out and Target also. I like the way you use the phone. I sometimes buy a birthday card and let it be the last item in the checkout. I haven't used that tactic for some time now, but it's always available. I just have to do the phone thing sometimes just for the fun of it. Happy shopping.

Lanore
Lanore

Jenn S.
01-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Are you serious, Jodi? Even in drab mode? Wow, that sounds like fun.

I used to use the old cell-phone method when I was buying makeup. When I forgot my phone, I'd carry a "list" with scribbles on it and stare at it with a confused look while comparing products. Both methods are effective, but I eventually found that most places with female personnel are more than happy to accomodate you.

Amanda Jane
01-17-2007, 08:32 PM
money is money, they have sales figures to make or get fired, they don't care who gives them bucks to make it

linnea
01-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Though I have less varied experience than Jodi, I have had the same kind of experiences. Whether en femme or in drab, I have had very supportive and helpful responses from SAs in a number of women's departments or shops.
It has always been best when I have told them that I'm shopping for myself.
Good luck.

Go to Victorias Secret. Go in with a big smile and confidence. Tell them what you are looking for and that it is for you. They will bend over backwards for you.

I spent the whole day today shopping in drab. I was in one store for over two hours (BCBG/Max Azzaria), about an hour of this was spent in the fitting room. The manager just kept bringing me in outfits to try. They were having a 50% off after Christmas sale. I was in five other stores trying on in all five in drab--J Crew, Eddie Bauer, Ann Taylor, Ninewest, and Liz Claiborne. In each store, I was upfront with the SA, and it was no problem. Was a fun day, and I got some real bargains.

Point is--there are no problems shopping in drab. It is a fun experience, and with a good SA helping you, you get clothes that match, fit and look great on you.

Now get out there and shop.

Jodi

susie evans
01-17-2007, 11:10 PM
go to the stores you want they are in the bussiness of selling things and that means any of us can shopp:heehee: :heehee:
susie

Karren H
01-17-2007, 11:35 PM
I go there but hardly every buy anything... Kohl's is my favorite followed by Value City, TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory, JC Penny's, Kmart and Walmart, in that order.. Macy's is ok for some high end things but only on clearence... Can't beat VS for lingerie...

I shop a lot!!! hehehe

Love Karren

Deanna2
01-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Nothing wrong with Target. It is one of my favorite boutiques because they have some great gear and it is reasonably cheap.

sissystephanie
01-18-2007, 01:04 AM
Only thing wrong with Target is that it is French owned. I will not do business with any company owned by the French. Just my own feelings! That said, as others have stated, the stores want your money. Most SA's don't care who you are buying for. I shop, for my CD stuff, in a lot of stores and almost always tell the SA's I am buying for myself. I don't pass, but do shop enfemme much of the time. Yes, I get looks, and an occasional giggle, but who cares? I have had a clerk say, "are you really going to wear that yourself?" It was a matching bra and panty set! I told her yes I was, that evening out to dinner under a pretty pants and blouse outfit. I did wear it that way! So shop wherever you want, it is your money your spending!

Sissy

More Girl than man

Angie G
01-18-2007, 01:19 AM
if you can find a Vanity Fair or a Maidenform store they have nice thiings :hugs:
Angie

Stephanie-L
01-18-2007, 02:19 AM
Unless you know someone at the store personally, they don't care if you are buying for yourself or for a green martian, as long as they make the sale. In my experience, SA's will go to great effort to sell to you, even if what you want is out of the "norm". I have always in the last 2 or 3 years been upfront about what I am buying, often trying things on first. I even have had SA's direct me to competitors stores when they didn't have what I was looking for, and ask about it next time I was in. Because of that effort, her store is now a favorite and I make an effort to buy from that SA. If you can get to the point of coming out that far, it is well worth it.....Stephanie

Amanda Jane
01-18-2007, 02:22 AM
yeah, god forbid we would support the French, because if not for them at Yorktown your lips would be on Liz's butt. Never doubt that.

trannie T
01-18-2007, 02:38 AM
[QUOTE=sissystephanie;711418]Only thing wrong with Target is that it is French owned. I will not do business with any company owned by the French.

Target was founded in Minnesota in 1902 as the Dayton Dry Goods Company. Their headquarters are in Minneapolis. Target is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Sounds pretty French to me. Before you make an accusation get your facts straight.

Stephenie S
01-18-2007, 09:26 AM
If it were not for French help in the Revolutionary War, we would not be here now. The Statue of Liberty was a gift to us from the French. While it is true that the French are highly individualistic and quirky, they are valuable friends and fellow defenders of freedom and liberty. Don't listen to dishonest politicians and sensationalist mass media.

Lovies,
Stephenie (with an e)

Now as for shopping with silly excuses, cell phones and fake lists. SA have seen all of this before. You are only calling attention to your own embarrassment. NO ONE cares a fig what you are buying, why you are buying it, or who it is for! They just want to make a sale. Remember SA are professionals. They do this for a living. They are there all day every day. They see everyone and everything. They have seen every trick and silly excuse you can come up with. So just be honest with yourself. It will be MUCH more fun

Steph

katie7y6
01-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Um...not sure where the poster saying that Target is a french company got there info but they are wrong. Its a company based in Minneapolis.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=TGT

tommi
01-18-2007, 01:46 PM
:clap: I just got home from shopping at the mall. Looked around Lane Bryant
and made a few purchases at Sears out of there lingerie section (waist sincher and jog bra) a older man rang me out. Went from there to Target
Found a really cute 38na pink bra and panties to match as well as the 40a
I was looking for a few Sweater tops to match.
The biggest thing is to relax and enjoy everything I bought Today was on sale and when I was vchecking out the SA said You check out our womens
snow boots there on clearance, I did have on a cami top underneath boy clothes but wowShe made my day.:D :D

wendy
01-18-2007, 04:32 PM
i usually do my shopping at stores i am familiar and comfortable with. walmart, sears, and value village are all on equal levels for me.

I like walmart as there is usually no sales staff asking if you need help or anything, you can browse around for as long as you want. The sears I go to, there is rarely any sales staff in the lingerie dept., so i feel comfortable there. And of course value village, there is never any sales staff in any dept. so you can browse as long as you want.:D :D

Lovely Rita
01-18-2007, 04:57 PM
I can relate. I would buy black no-nonsense panty hose at the supermarket and put in baby food or pampers to give the impression I was shopping for my dear wife. Referring to a shopping list, of course.

CDing is great training for acting as well as CIA type operations. It is terrible the lengths some of us go to. I really respect the in your face girls that don't care. I am working towards that but still am quite a big chicken.

Jenn S.
01-18-2007, 05:00 PM
CDing is great training for acting as well as CIA type operations. It is terrible the lengths some of us go to. I really respect the in your face girls that don't care. I am working towards that but still am quite a big chicken.

Haha, got that right! If my major doesn't work out, I'm a shoe-in for a career in espionage, with all the diversions I've had to create for my parents.:o

Jodi
01-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Are you serious, Jodi? Even in drab mode? Wow, that sounds like fun.

I used to use the old cell-phone method when I was buying makeup. When I forgot my phone, I'd carry a "list" with scribbles on it and stare at it with a confused look while comparing products. Both methods are effective, but I eventually found that most places with female personnel are more than happy to accomodate you.

Serious Jenn? You betcha. I have shopped openly for years. Always tell the SA it is for me. As someone else said, experienced SA's have seen it all. What an SA appreciates is honesty, courtesy, and above all, when they spend their time with you, that you buy something. What I have sone is to establish a rapport in a number of stores. They know me, and will bend over backwards to help me. They know I'm a serious shopper.

Jodi

Jodi
01-18-2007, 07:17 PM
:clap: I just got home from shopping at the mall. Looked around Lane Bryant
and made a few purchases at Sears out of there lingerie section (waist sincher and jog bra) a older man rang me out. Went from there to Target
Found a really cute 38na pink bra and panties to match as well as the 40a
I was looking for a few Sweater tops to match.
The biggest thing is to relax and enjoy everything I bought Today was on sale and when I was vchecking out the SA said You check out our womens
snow boots there on clearance, I did have on a cami top underneath boy clothes but wowShe made my day.:D :D.

Tommi, The shopping experience I described above was at Grove City outlets. Give it a try. Every store I have been in at Grove City has been TG friendly and more than willing to help and sell.

Jodi