PDA

View Full Version : Exercise

Danielle1960
01-26-2005, 06:12 PM
I've been wondering if there is an exercise or a group of exercises that will help trim in a femme sort of way. I guess I've thought about the bikini/swimsuit season comming up and I would like to try to slim it down some. :o

All suggestions would be good.
Danielle :)

Melissa A.
01-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Hi Danielle,

Short of hormone therapy, your best bet is sit-ups or some kind of ab work (not too much) and walking.

Stay away from those bench presses.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

sherri
01-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Careful diet, some cardio, light weights, squats and ab crunches.

Danielle1960
01-26-2005, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the replies! :) I've started to do the walking and set ups. Looks like maybe I'm heading in the right direction.
Danielle ;)

Megan_Renee
01-26-2005, 07:34 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it after this...

Bicycling... You'll only enlarge your thighs and trim your weight! You might even increase your gluts a little bit.

;-)

And when you're cycling, you can easily get away with wearing lycra and tight shirts as well as shaving your legs... cycling...

;-)

Sweet Susan
01-26-2005, 07:48 PM
Learn to pull yourself away from the table before you are full. Quit eating for pleasure. Take walks. Ride a bicycle.

windycissy
01-27-2005, 01:00 AM
Swimming leans out your body and is a great excuse for shaving down. A lot of bicyclists shave their legs too, which would be an added benefit if you're looking for "cover". I do 200 crunches and either swim or run 3 miles every day to keep my girlish figure:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5df35b3127cce9e278937948700000010108IatWLlw0aWM G

Felicity
01-27-2005, 05:35 PM
In my area there is a chain store or franchise called "Curves." They are a womens trim place just for that. Reducing fat and accentuating the fem areas. I doubt they would be open to a crossdresser, but who knows. They might make you dress up in tights and leotard?

I'm sure all areas have places like this for women. Check around.

racheal
01-27-2005, 05:38 PM
That's interesting Felicity, in Toronto we ahve a 'Curves' but it's a women's only gym. Hey, I wonder if they would take CDs? Hmmm. :)

Jenney Love
01-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Beer, Pizza... GET OUT OF MY HEAD! It's a pain being to genders sometimes, the other one can be so annoying.
I am going to be joining weightwatchers in about a month (taking a vacation to Arizona/Vegas first). My wife has been going for almost a year and I decided that it is time I joined her. She asked me why and I told her, I am fat. I left out the part about buying a chinese silk dress that is gorgious, but a we bit to small :mad: .

Jenney

Danielle1960
01-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Great feed back! I never eally considered Curves. I could call and ask what they might recomend and tell them I would be to shy to participae publicly. :o I wonder??

I've started the exercising slowly at first and did some modified eating changes. Today I noted I lost 8lbs and that was over a 3 week period. I've read this is a good amount to to loose based on a weekly schedule. So I'm happy and on the right path. :) Pizza and beer it is a curse when wanting to look femme. :eek:

Danielle

sherri
01-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Really sharp, Windy. thanks for the pic.

Best thing for gluts : deep lunge steps with a barbell in each hand.

Priscilla1018
01-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Dear Danielle,

Try back extensions face down on a Roman chair;youare supported below the waist by the chair and as you raise your torso up with your back muscles,squeeze your glutes. Two other exercises you can try are Hip Abduction and Hip Adduction; these two excersises target the inside of the thigh, a small muscle on the outside of the thigh and your glutes.

Priscilla

Wendy me
01-28-2005, 12:15 PM
yoaga works longer stronger not buff.

Danielle1960
01-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Priscilla
Do you have more on the Hip abduction/adduction? This is what I'm trying to accomplish.
Thanks

Felicity
01-28-2005, 10:15 PM
It doesn't hurt to call and ask if they are TG/CD friendly, now does it?

Jerry
01-28-2005, 10:56 PM
For me I follow a couple simple "rules".

Runners and bicyclers are never fat. And if you work hard, you can pretty much eat whatever you want.

Stay away from the heavy weights. They seem to build mass. Light weights and a few more reps seem to create the toning I'm looking for.

I love my beer and especially those custom brews, but alas, they seem to have too many calories. Miller Lite has a bad rep as a watery beer, but the carbs and calories are about the best there is and in any blind taste test I've ever seen, it seems to do very well.

Remember, "love heals" (luv heels!)

Jerry

Stormgirl
01-29-2005, 02:36 AM
Run 3 miles in under 19 minutes.

Priscilla1018
01-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Priscilla
Do you have more on the Hip abduction/adduction? This is what I'm trying to accomplish.
Thanks

When doing hipabduction you are seated in the machine(most good health clubs have them) and you adjust the pads as close together as possible; you then spread your legs apart pushing on the pad to lift a weight.
When doing hip adduction you are squeezing you legs together against the pads to lift the weight. I have been doing these excersizes for three years now and they are great for toning up the thighs.

Hugs,
Priscilla

stevie h
01-29-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm 49, I run once a week about 40 mins, twice a week i do sit ups, burpees, crunches etc. once every two weeks i go swim about 30 mins (lengths). I go early because i'm a bit shaven and all that. I have been a fitness fanatic ish all my life, probabaly from my military days. Heartbeat at rest 38.

stevie

xx

stevie h
01-29-2005, 04:06 PM
stay clear of weights. can be a bit muscley. been there and back again. whatever you do know your limit. pain with no gain is a lie. just take it steady.

stevie

what the hell do i know.

xx

stevie h
01-29-2005, 05:23 PM
i've just remembered who my hero is and she is definetly worth a mention on this site. I love Paula Radcliffe. Go Paula. Thought i'd mention her as we are on an exercise thread. go girl. what a lady.

stevie

xx