PDA

View Full Version : Angry

ubokvt
01-17-2007, 10:40 PM
I went to a local political action event tonight to push for legislation for equal protection of transgender person based on gender identity. We had a very good trun out about 50/50 trans, Gay and one CDer, moi. We tried to get it throught last year but the govennor vetoed it because the term gender expresion was to vague. Well a compromise was worked out and new language developed that was acceptable to the legislature and the govenor. The new Language in essence sacrificed the CDer. The Powers that be will grant protection to some one living 24/7 or gets SRS, but not to one who dresses occasionaly and is straight. Guess ones perversion and one is gender. IF we could difinatively prove dressing was part of our gender identity then maybe we would be protected. I'm feeling a little betrayed here, I Know its a first step, so I'm wondering for us that like who we are, but like to Dress. Where is the line between dressing and gender identity. Dressing is part of who I am but is it part of my gender identity. Why do I have to prove it is. Angry:Angry3: Sad:( Erica is dressing part of gender identity.

Amanda Jane
01-17-2007, 10:44 PM
you do not say were you are but PM me and I will send you the links to laws that have worked and the language used in them.

pinkshelly
01-17-2007, 11:33 PM
If you are feeling left out, get in, and bring ALOT of friends. About 50% should do it.

carla smith
01-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Take a look at this....do not reinvent the wheel...improve on it!

http://www.hum.wa.gov/generalInfo/links.htm

Transgender Issues in the Work Place

there are a number of reference material to keep you busy for months...have fun with it.

Make sure you get "crossdressing" included in definition of gender identity.

bye the way....THANK YOU!!!!

Eugenie
01-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Thank you for that reference Carla,

I will use it in Europe. I have contacts with the LGBT movement at the European level where I advocate against discriminations (in my case disabilities) but we join forces with several other advocacy groups among which ILGA Europe which had a department working directly on Transgender issues.

This text will be very helpfull.

Thanks to you too.
:hugs:
Eugenie