PDA

View Full Version : Winter Girl

windycissy
01-17-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm really a summer girl at heart, but wintertime in Chicago does have its consolations, like not having to shave down every week. I wear slacks most of the time, although it's fun put on a skirt and tights once and a while:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7df30b3127cce81612cdc13d000000015108IatWLlw0aW

I'll admit I'm counting the days till spring, and scheming for a trip someplace warm where I'll be able to wear sundresses, skirts and capris with bare legs again....

Karren H
01-17-2007, 11:41 PM
I love winter.... but to heck with the slacks!!! 10 degrees and a skirt!!!! In the windy city you wouldn't even neet to tuck....out on the Navy Pier or on Lake Shore Drive!!! lol

Karren

goofus
01-17-2007, 11:43 PM
I love winter.... but to heck with the slacks!!! 10 degrees and a skirt!!!! In the windy city you wouldn't even neet to tuck....out on the Navy Pier or on Lake Shore Drive!!! lol

Karren

That toddlin' town! I love it so :happy:

Amanda Jane
01-17-2007, 11:48 PM
winter rocks my world. There is snow in Tahoe, and the waves are most tasty. Summer is great for tans and swimming in the river, but winter is where its at in NorCal.

Penny
01-17-2007, 11:54 PM

Karren
And if you got cold, you could alway duck into the Museum of Science and Flambouancy (er Industry)! :heehee:

:hugs:

Penny

Billijo49504
01-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Well in Michigan, I do wear skirts or my embroidered cords, gurly cords, but I do like wearing skirts, even when it's cold...BJ

windycissy
01-18-2007, 04:03 PM

Karren

I like skirts too, but as anyone who knows me understands, for me it's all about passing, and there are days when a girl in a skirt or dress in Chicago stands out in the crowd! I've grown quite fond of my slacks, they look femmy enough and I have to admit, they are much more comfortable on a cold winter day, which of course is why women wear them all the time. Would you believe, there have time times when I've been the only person on the sidewalk, man or woman, wearing a skirt or dress....I'd much rather blend into the crowd.

Lovely Rita
01-18-2007, 04:08 PM
very nice pic

Janetmarie
01-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Winter is why there are tights, boots and longer skirts and dresses. Although I do love the wind up my skirt or dress.

marie354
01-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Spring and fall are my favorites.
I spent a winter in St. Paul in 1972 and 17 below zero is a warm day. No one wore skirts unless they had several pair of hose and leggings to go with it.
Summer is OK too, but I sweat too much for makeup. *Sigh*

Samantha Jane Foster
01-18-2007, 04:26 PM
I like the winter for my pink flannel jammies at night, and during the day my UGGs, puffy coat with faux fur lined hood, cute scarf, and also my black pea coat and some of my cute sweaters. But I'm a rainy day/stay-at-home girl anyway.

Karren H
01-18-2007, 05:17 PM
And if you got cold, you could alway duck into the Museum of Science and Flambouancy (er Industry)! :heehee:

Penny

I love that place!!! The Zepher... U 505 and of course my favorite subject. The coal mine!!! :D

Love Karren

Amanda Jane
01-18-2007, 05:59 PM
the U-505 is cool, sure makes you want to avoid ever going on a sub, that's for sure. I always liked the GM deal about progress done for the 1939 words fair.

And, if you love cold weather, few places beat the Chicago lakefront. They even give the wind a name there and it ain't "maria", I think they call it "The Hawk." Makes me shiver just to think about it.

windycissy
01-18-2007, 06:20 PM
the U-505 is cool, sure makes you want to avoid ever going on a sub, that's for sure. I always liked the GM deal about progress done for the 1939 words fair.

And, if you love cold weather, few places beat the Chicago lakefront. They even give the wind a name there and it ain't "maria", I think they call it "The Hawk." Makes me shiver just to think about it.

Actually, I prefer the Art Institute of Chicago. You can spend hours wandering through the galleries, and it's free on Tuesday. Any museum is a great place to visit en femme, a single well-dressed woman fits right in. I've done the Field Museum, and the Museum of Science and Industry too, but you're more likely to get caught up in a line of school kids on a field trip which can be a little daunting....

Amanda Jane
01-18-2007, 06:31 PM
I often tell girls who want to go out to go to muesuems, art muesuems in particular. Not only are you not very likely to run into the kind of people you might be afraid of, the are very well protected places. Granted the protection is there for the art, not for you, but it works out the same.

and AI is one of the best in the US outside of NYC. However S&I does have Colleen Moore's fairy castle which is a little girl dream world. And as a book nut I like the Newburry, and for the creepy stuff the Museum of Surgical Science will give you nightmares for sure.

What I love about S&I is its right close to Hyde Park and the great used bookstores. Also a very safe place to go enfem. Not much to worry about from professors of economics, unless they try to bore you to death with thier theories.

janet p
01-18-2007, 10:22 PM
I don't like summer because here in Vegas it's so hot you wear lite t shirts and your bra straps show.:love:

black leotards
01-18-2007, 10:30 PM
I luv skirts, tights and Chicago! :2c:

Diannna
01-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Well, I like all the seasons. However, winter is my best choice. Summer is good but I tend to sweat too much. I can get away with a lot more in the winter time.

windycissy
01-18-2007, 11:18 PM
I luv skirts, tights and Chicago! :2c:

Me too, but how about the sweaters, the coats, the scarves, the gloves...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5df38b3127cce9e9378546bec00000015108IatWLlw0aW

It's fun to break out the fall clothes when that first nip is in the air, but by January this girl is ready for summer!