PDA

View Full Version : Calling yourself a girl

diane
05-26-2004, 04:34 PM
I've always been amazed in the CD community that most want to be called "girl". I have even been chastised for referring to a male cross dresser as "he" when they are dressed.

For some reason I've never had that desire and even when I'm dressed don't mind if my wife or someone else refers to me as the male gender. I'm simply a guy who loves to dress in girls clothes and I actually have no desire to be a "girl".

It's just an interesting observation to me ... nothing more. I support those of you who want to be reffered to as girl 100% and will do my best to refer to you that way. Who am I to judge after all :)

Summer
05-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Diane,
Most of us could care less one way or the other. It is more polite to refer to one another as girls or ladies. After all that is what we are trying to achieve is the Female look. That is why we have Female name here. It also help to preserve our antinimity so to speak. So No one is offended if you call us guys. We just prefer Girls or ladies.
I also live in the Pacific Northwest. You may have even seen me out and about. I dress this way all the time. Most of my guy friends call me by my given name, My wife calls me honey or by many names some of them not repeatable here. My daughters call me dad. "Whats in a name" I believe that is a famous Quote.
Summer the redhead from the West :D

diane
05-26-2004, 05:09 PM
After looking at your photos if I've seen you I probably was staring ... and it wasn't because you look like a man - quite the opposite. You do a dynamite job of dressing. I'm very impressed.

~Tammy~
05-27-2004, 08:42 AM
I agree with Michelle in that when I am dressed I much prefer to referred to as a girl and be called by my girl name.
You may have noticed several 'girls' here often refer to the two personalities of themselves quite intently.
"I went out in 'His' clothes and came back in 'My' clothes", meaning 'My clothes' as the female side.
Some even refer to being crossdressed when actually wearing male clothes as it doesnt feel natural.
Also, when I'm fully dressed, I consider myself to actually be a girl, at least in appearance and in thought, if not in physicality.
I personally prefer the term 'girl' rather than 'woman' or 'lady'. Probably because I like the girlie frilly teen clothes more than what my be considered a more conservative ladies wardrobe.

Julie
05-27-2004, 09:12 AM
Diane,

I was at a Tri-Ess Christmas party several years ago and while talking to some of the attendees I said, "I'm not really Julie, I'm Jim." Well there was a group of about 5 of us all in on the conversation and every one of them insisted I was Julie. "No Jim I know looks like that!" https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/emoticons/gorgeous.gif I thought about this many times since. When I look in the mirror fully dressed I don't see a Jim either. After a while I became comfortable with Julie. So much so that I sometimes say to myself things like, "Julie, what were you thinking?" :confused: even though I'm not dressed.

It's like anything else, at first you may not be comfortable but when others around see you in a certain way you have two choices, change the way you present yourself or accept their views. Since I'm not going to stop dressing up I knew I would just have to accept how others think of me and I'm okay with that.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/Julie_sig.gif

lizzy b
05-27-2004, 10:27 AM
I feel I have no male persona when dressed and fully en femme as Lizzy. It is "scary" in the sense that I feel as though I am a girl in every sense of the word and wonder if my mindset as based on my appearance is "normal".