PDA

View Full Version : Courage for first dress

pantyhose_clare
01-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Right so i'm trying to find the courage to order my first dress and skirt from victorias secret.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodlgvw/V257041_J76.jpg
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodlgvw/V235959.jpg

Anyone ordered from them before? What sort of packages do the clothes come in?

I'm so close to buying them, filled in all the details just need to click "Buy". :o I think if i knew they came in normal boxes then it might help me along. Oh and i'm classed as international shipping if that makes a difference.

hotbobbie
01-18-2007, 11:24 AM
I have bot many times from victoria secret they come in either a white box or a white plastic pack and the only thing on the outside is your name and address and in the upper corner is vsc. It is all very plane. Enjoy they are really great to work with.

susie evans
01-18-2007, 11:36 AM
go to the store in person an try it on the sa will be glad to help and make sure it fits proper i have found them very helpful :hugs: :hugs:
susie

Karren H
01-18-2007, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't be so worried about what package that they come in.... But its what comes afterwards that you may not have planned for! I know I didn't!! Cataloges! Lots and lots of cataloges with your name and address on them! For months and months!!! The gift that keeps giving!! Lol.

I won a VS gift card on a football bet so I bought a few items online! Perfer to shop locally.. So I received the items and the next week my secretary comes in wit a VS cataloge and sets it on my desk!! Ekkkkkk. Told her that I bought something for my wife! Whewww! And then the next week! More cataloges.... Became a joke between her and I... Then one was mis-delivered to one of the exeutive secretaries who called me p and said "I have your VS cataloge!!". Grrrrr...

So be forewarned!!!

Love Karren

Tracy_Victoria
01-18-2007, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't be so worried about what package that they come in.... But its what comes afterwards that you may not have planned for! I know I didn't!! Cataloges! Lots and lots of cataloges with your name and address on them! For months and months!!! The gift that keeps giving!! Lol.

I won a VS gift card on a football bet so I bought a few items online! Perfer to shop locally.. So I received the items and the next week my secretary comes in wit a VS cataloge and sets it on my desk!! Ekkkkkk. Told her that I bought something for my wife! Whewww! And then the next week! More cataloges.... Became a joke between her and I... Then one was mis-delivered to one of the exeutive secretaries who called me p and said "I have your VS cataloge!!". Grrrrr...

So be forewarned!!!

Love Karren

Yep, Same happened to me. and More, not with VS, but a simular company!

I wanted to buy the good out right, and paid for them from my bank, not my Credit card. instead of taking payment from me they took an installment and set up a credit account without me even asking. Next thing I know I have a letter saying I've not made payments (what Payments!) All I wanted was the goods every letter I got from them I binned thinking it was just promotional!. (I never asked for credit, nor and account, but I got one!)

Samantha Jane Foster
01-18-2007, 12:52 PM
*Totally* cute dresses. The secret of Victoria's Secret is that their clothes are actually cuter than their underwear (though I have plenty of those too). They come in a white plastic bag with 'VSD' or something like that on it. Very difficult buying clothes like dresses and skirts online though-- returns are free at VS, I think, but it's tough to wait that long and then have things not fit.

Kimberley
01-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Ever considered just going out and buying on your own? Believe me the clerks dont care by and large and if one were to say something then go to his/her supervisor and complain. Besides, they dont know who you are buying for and will naturally assume it is for a partner. Go for it hon. It is a blast.

Most stores dont want to lose customers for something that dumb (an ignorant clerk). You will be surprised at just how much fun it can be. Besides you can find good bargains.

:hugs:
Kimberley

susie evans
01-18-2007, 01:07 PM
girl karren you struck a note there that's the main reason i don't buy any thing on line or order over the phone the repercusions took three years to finaly settle down and go away that was probley the thing that got me to start going shopping on my own wich is better any way :heehee: :heehee: :2c:
love susie

Karren H
01-18-2007, 03:19 PM
girl karren you struck a note there that's the main reason i don't buy any thing on line or order over the phone the repercusions took three years to finaly settle down and go away that was probley the thing that got me to start going shopping on my own wich is better any way :heehee: :heehee: :2c:
love susie

Funny.... My secretary just came in... With the mail, and I said "I haven't received any Victoris Secret cataloges in a while?". And she replied... "Oh yes you did, just before Christmas...it was a sales cataloge"

Lol.... She's keeping track of when I get VS cataloges....

Love Karren

Lisa Golightly
01-18-2007, 03:23 PM
On international orders the customs declaration will state what is in the package.

Lovely Rita
01-18-2007, 04:13 PM
sorry I don't buy from them.

Emily Ann Brown
01-18-2007, 04:14 PM
YES YES YES on international orders and contents listed for ALL to see...I well remember the first order that came in and the look my secretary gave me.

Emily Ann

susie evans
01-18-2007, 04:16 PM
karren i have had the same personal sec,for the last twenty
eight years and she kept track of my mail and called my wife <but little did she no wifeyallready new>:heehee: :heehee:

susie

JessieLynn
01-18-2007, 08:04 PM
I've ordered from the VS catalog for the semi-annual sale, some of their bras and panties only in catalog not in store. Great customer service, even recommended some other items i my like as well. And yep the same white plastic package with vsc on it. Have my own PO Box in different town set up so no worries about packages or catalogs, and I get plenty of them!!

Jess. :happy:

Dragster
01-18-2007, 08:08 PM
I take all your advice to shop in person and try on seriously, but Clare (and I) both live on the wrong side of the Atlantic to shop at VS in person! There's a NY return flight to add to the cost!!!

Tony

EdGein
01-18-2007, 10:09 PM
But its what comes afterwards that you may not have planned for! I know I didn't!! Cataloges! Lots and lots of cataloges with your name and address on them! For months and months!!! The gift that keeps giving!! Lol.

Funny you say that. I've been buying online from VS for the last 6 or 7 years. For the first year or two I was swamped with their catalogs. Now even though I still buy from them 2 or 3 times a year I haven't received a catalog in years. I even specifically requested one and still didn't get it.

danam
01-18-2007, 10:49 PM
I've bought from Fredericks of Hollywood, and the packages clearly indicate "Fredericks of Hollywood". However, as a heterosexual male, there is nothing odd about getting packages from them in the mail!

I've also bought from Target, and although their service is painfully slow, the packages simply say "Target". :happy: I also bought a regular DVD with the hope that I could use the DVD as a cover story. Unfortunately, Target separated the order and I got two packages! :eek: Almost caught!!! But I managed to intercept the packages in time. :o

Many of the girls on this forum don't realize (or have forgotten) just how freakin scary and private this desire is!! :D So stick to retailers that either carry both male and female stuff, or carry stuff that a normal hetero guy would buy for his woman. :p

michellebesweet
01-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Those are two cute items, you'll look good in both.

Glenda58
01-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Have many thing from VS and Karren is right the catalogs start coming from them and they sale your address to others have gotten as many as 6 in 1 day. So don't worry about what you buy coming it's the catalogs after.

Hermione Simpson
01-19-2007, 05:12 AM
they're totally cute, but as some people have said be aware of the catalogues afterwards, why don't you look in some shops over here in the uk for something which looks similar if you can, the sales assistant will help you because it's their job to

Terri Ryan
01-19-2007, 05:43 AM
On international orders the customs declaration will state what is in the package.

you're spot on there Lisa, I live in small country village where every body knows every thing you do & didn't know about customs declaration, I live alone & got some very odd looks when signing for package at post office with shoes, lingerie & cosmetics listed on parcel. I think they're getting used to it by now but Ï'm sure the gossip mongers are having fun. love to be able to buy size 16 (us) shoes in Australia if any one has found a shop
love
Terri