PDA

View Full Version : Curious Question

Sherlyn
01-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Are you more into the clothes or the look of your make-up ? Clothes are secondary to me although I may fuss over something that needs ironed ...:D for the FtoM gang Im thinking the clothes and a haircut are more important but dont really know !!!

Amanda Jane
01-18-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm into my presentation, when that is right, the clothes and makeup don't matter

MJ
01-18-2007, 06:46 PM
hi sher
i have to say my makeup. my presentation is very important a girl has to look her best
hugs Marissa

suchacutie
01-18-2007, 06:47 PM
It started with the clothes, but as I attempt to perfect the presentation it becomes the whole package and I can't separate one part and call it more important than the other.

Tina

Kieron Andrew
01-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Are you more into the clothes or the look of your make-up ? Clothes are secondary to me although I may fuss over something that needs ironed ...:D for the FtoM gang Im thinking the clothes and a haircut are more important but dont really know !!!
well for me as FTM (hope you dont mind me answering) its about presentation so the clothes are a big part of it but my haircuts seem to be more important to me now!

CaptLex
01-18-2007, 06:50 PM
for the FtoM gang Im thinking the clothes and a haircut are more important but dont really know !!!
I won't speak for the rest of the guys, but for me the hair and face are as important as the clothes. Besides getting my outfit together, I make sure my sideburns, stubble, eyebrows and hairstyle look as masculine as possible. Of course, a lot of the guys don't have to work as hard at it as I do because they pass so well. :p

Sherlyn
01-18-2007, 06:53 PM
So im seeing its presentation..if something feels good on you but outwardly sucks its not a good idea

Wendy me
01-18-2007, 06:55 PM
i was going to say the clothes.. but i even in drab i wear some make up so yes the make up ...lol...no no no the hair no Wait that's not on our list ... OK final answer make up....

RobertaFermina
01-18-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm into my make-up first.
When it's OK, I forget about it.
Then I'm into my clothes.
When they are OK, I forget about it.
Then I am into my "presentation", "personality", "aura" whatever you call it that is all feminine and neither make-up, nor clothing.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Kieron Andrew
01-18-2007, 07:02 PM
So im seeing its presentation..if something feels good on you but outwardly sucks its not a good idea
YES! if a haircut makes me look girly its gotta go!, even if one person says it looks girly and 10 say it dont its gotta be changed, same with what im wearing!

Kimberley
01-18-2007, 07:07 PM
well for me as FTM (hope you dont mind me answering) its about presentation so the clothes are a big part of it but my haircuts seem to be more important to me now!

And you look mahvelloussss dahlink! :D

:hugs:
Kimberley

Sherlyn
01-18-2007, 07:10 PM
YES! if a haircut makes me look girly its gotta go!, even if one person says it looks girly and 10 say it dont its gotta be changed, same with what im wearing!

OMG that makes sooo much sense give it all 110% no doubts anywhere

Sherlyn
01-18-2007, 07:12 PM
If we want to speak of fussy ...for me its hair ..Ive always got to have some kinda flip or do goin on ...cant just let it fall ... Ive made myself late because of it ...lol .....Sooooo Wendy your hair is a must ...spill it g/f

Kieron Andrew
01-18-2007, 07:14 PM
If we want to speak of fussy ...for me its hair ..Ive always got to have some kinda flip or do goin on ...cant just let it fall ... Ive made myself late because of it ...lolyeah but........you're the queen of fuss :hiding:

boygirl
01-18-2007, 07:23 PM
I focus, on both hun, i think they are both very important on how you look.

Chrissy

Sherlyn
01-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Kieron :bringiton: :p :)

Kieron Andrew
01-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Kieron :bringiton: :p :)
:rolleyes: well i dont know what you mean :tongueout :heehee:

Sherlyn
01-18-2007, 07:27 PM
:rolleyes: well i dont know what you mean :tongueout :heehee:

Tossin my hair back with attitude ..Queen of fuss eh !!!!!! lol

Christina Nicole
01-18-2007, 07:41 PM
I enjoy makeup more. Makeup permits far more creativity than clothing. Also, I can look feminine mostly without respect to what I'm wearing if I have done my makeup properly. My face does not look very feminine without some makeup.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

patti.jean
01-18-2007, 07:56 PM
I am into the look when going out always looking for the right clothes and makeup, but do dress fem without make up at home all the time.

Karren H
01-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Both, but the look a bit more than the clothes.... I mean the clothes have to be right..... not perfect.... a bit wrinkled....but then that's pretty realistic... lol

Love Karren

Sherlyn
01-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Awesome great response so far .....seems the look is the theme here ..no minis in malls ..lol... but in contrast to that ...Ive noticed in the summer if your wearing say a jean mini skirt ..bare legged and sandals you blend in quite well with the trend ...however wear same skirt with hose and pumps and zooooooooom the lookers are looking ...soooooooo would you sacrifice your heels and hose to blend ?? ..I do

dave785
01-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi am new here so looking to chat some. My case would have to say the outfit is more important. Don't wear make up as hard enough to dress with being married and all. Trying to convince here to let me do some makeup to try it out but being that costs money don't want to push it so for right now dress is most important.

Lori SC
01-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Awesome great response so far .....seems the look is the theme here ..no minis in malls ..lol... but in contrast to that ...Ive noticed in the summer if your wearing say a jean mini skirt ..bare legged and sandals you blend in quite well with the trend ...however wear same skirt with hose and pumps and zooooooooom the lookers are looking ...soooooooo would you sacrifice your heels and hose to blend ?? ..I do

I have to get all three; hair, clothes, and makeup at certain mimimum levels, Then it's all about the clothes :)

Generally I'll try to blend when alone, so my mini will be without hose, but when going out with a bunch of other CDs, there's no way we are all going to blend, so I wear that mini with hose, heels, and a revealing top! :Party2:

Hugs, Lori

BOOTLOVINGGIRL
01-18-2007, 09:07 PM
For me it is definitely the clothes but I suspect, looking at the other posts, that if I wasn't so closeted and was trying harder to be presentable in public, the makeup, hair and mannerisms would take on more importance.

Rachel Morley
01-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Well really,.... they all go together, clothes, hair, and makeup, but if you pushed me for an answer and I could only say one thing (for me) I'd say makeup. If my clothes were a bit "off" or my wig was a bit messy I could still carry it off if my make up was flawless. If my hair and clothes were perfect but my makeup looked bad (say bad beard shadow because of poor coverage) I'd look like a hideous guy in a dress :eek:

I remember when I had my MAC makeover in San Fransisco, I looked fine sitting in front of the mirror before we started, but after the makeup artist had taken off my (regular) makeup I looked so manly and I hated it. I couldn't wait for more makeup to be put on me. So yeah, it's makeup for me.

Phoebe Reece
01-18-2007, 09:14 PM
The total look is what I go for. Makeup, clothes, and hair have pretty equal importance to me. However, I will not sacrifice what I want to wear just to blend in. I do wear a skirt with heels and hose in the mall. I may wear flats or lower heels if I do a lot of walking though. If the "lookers" want to look, so be it. I don't mind if someone sees me and says to their companion, "Look, there goes a man in a dress." I just want the person they said that to respond with, "Yeah, but don't he look good in it."

DanaJ
01-18-2007, 09:35 PM
For me, makeup first - especially the details like brows and nails make it really all come together...

linnea
01-18-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm the opposite of erin in one way: I often have enough time to dress but not quite enough time to do my makeup properly. Since I enjoy being dressed en femme, I will go around the house (inside and out) dressed but without makeup. I might even do an errand out of town dressed but without makeup (although I'm not likely to do anything where I might be seen close up). When I go out to shop, I have to have make up as well as a nice outfit. I think that that means that the makeup is really important to me.

I really don't like to dress unless I have time to get the hair and makeup right... so I would have to say that the makeup is the most important thing. I just can't dress without it!

Jadeanne
01-18-2007, 10:41 PM
I just dress femme around the house and only put on makeup rarely, for a very occasional picture session. My loving, supporting wife doesn't use makeup. She lets me borrow almost anything of hers and I wouldn't want to get makeup stains on anything of hers.

So for me, it's the lingerie, clothes, shoes and wig.

Jadeanne

suchacutie
01-18-2007, 10:59 PM
I agree with you Sherlyn: If I'm focussed on blending in, then my "likes" turn to those things that let me blend. If I'm dressing for myself, all my personal preferences kick in and the presentation can be wild to business, but whatever my choice, it's always the best combination to make that particular presentation work...so I guess I still come back to presentation as a means to the ends.

tina

Suzie S.
01-19-2007, 06:55 AM
With me it's a little of both. The overall look and how I feel is most important. Some days I fuss over makeup, others the outfit. I don't get to wear makeup each time I dress, but when I do I get quite fussy, LOL!!!

Sherlyn
01-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Make-up is hitting really hard here soo I guess overall look would not be complete with-out it ..I just thought of something which I did New years eve ,,,dressed to the nines in my blue gown but just had a hunch (knowing the club)I best bring a skirt and top along with me ...well ...lol ...felt way overdressed but confident and got complimented a few times ...but wasnt long changing into the alternate outfit to ring in the new year ... that was the second time I had brought a spare outfit :)

Mica
01-19-2007, 10:15 AM
I would have to say makeup because I can only be wearing my terry cloth bathrobe but if my makeup is done right I reel sexy and girly enough for me. Of course, I like to present a sexy smoking woman so I just can't dress without at least a dramatic looking lipstick to leave on my cigarette.

Toyah
01-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Its easy for me clothes clothes clothes.
I do do the makeup to finish a look but its secondary to me still important tho

Cassy11
01-19-2007, 12:16 PM
It's the mood I'm in that dictates. If I feel casual it's just clothes like jeans and heels or flats. If I'm in a fem mood then it's a must for makeup and clothes.

Sejd
01-19-2007, 12:21 PM
I want to do Lazer hair romoval from my face. sometimes I almost feel it's pointless to do makeup with that darn stubble which seems to laugh at me no matter how close I shave. But I'm willing to learn. I know I don't like make up on my skin, makes me feel unnatural. But I do like a powerfull lipstick and eye make up, and hair, I'm nuts about my hair and love to wash it and blow dry it and curl it up. Yeah!!!
hugs
Sejd

Andrea_girl
01-19-2007, 12:25 PM
For me its the whole package. Dress clothes shoes and make up, the lot

Andrea
XX

suzy
01-19-2007, 12:25 PM
I am more into the clothes if I have to pick between the two....but make up is a fast second!:D

Tracy_Victoria
01-19-2007, 12:28 PM
to me each part of my dressing is as important as the rest. Ie it makes no difference if I wear tights (hose) or stocking, or top and skirt, or dress. the whole look is my goal, so each part is as important as any other.

crossing-the-rain
01-19-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm 100% sure make-up and presentation are more important than clothing,learning by my own horrible presentation.
Rain.

Marla
01-19-2007, 04:47 PM
I spend at least 2 hours on make up. Is that a fetish? I sure hope so. Its all about presentation and how men look at you at first glance.

CaptLex
01-19-2007, 04:49 PM
I spend at least 2 hours on make up. Is that a fetish? I sure hope so. Its all about presentation and how men look at you at first glance.

Two hours?! :eek: I admire your patience, but who's got that kind of time? :p

byrony
01-19-2007, 05:37 PM
I'd say makeup... And shaving beforehand. I go crazy trying to cover up my beardshadow, my gf teases me about it all the time, even when I'm not dressed.

~Audrey

trannie T
01-19-2007, 07:25 PM
For me it's all about the clothes, I enjoy doing my makeup, just wish I was better at it.

cindybarnes
01-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Hi Sherlyn !

I guess for me I spend more time doing my makeup and hair than I do worrying about my outfit.
I may change outfits or hairstyles a few times untill I feel (right?) but usualy keep my makeup as is once its done .
Weird eh ? :)

Cindy

Sherlyn
01-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi Sherlyn !

I guess for me I spend more time doing my makeup and hair than I do worrying about my outfit.
I may change outfits or hairstyles a few times untill I feel (right?) but usualy keep my makeup as is once its done .
Weird eh ? :)

Cindy

Hi Cindy thats not weird at all ... sounds just like me .....uh oh 2 weirdo's eh :)

marie354
01-19-2007, 09:11 PM
I seem to start my day deciding just what I want to wear first. Then it's off to the mirror and fix my face and hair. If the outfit doesn't look right by then, back to the dressing room and pick another. So I guess it's the whole image. Sometimes after the makup and hair are done, the outfit just isn't right. I usually pick the clothes by the way I feel that morning.
:hugs:

susananklet
01-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Makeup is fun, and the clothes accent the makeup or is it vice versa? LOL:2c:

Susan

ChristyS
01-21-2007, 05:17 PM
I LOVE this place. What a great question, and because I've always been into LOOKING femme, the clothing is very much secondary. I do like pretty, sexy clothes, but if I'm going to dress, at a minimum I need to do my hair and makeup...and put on my pierced earrings.

It is nice to see there are all sorts of open minded people here. I fully understand the the TS/TS/CD spectrum is V-E-R-Y broad and covers just about every thing one can imagine. No ones preferences are better or worse than another...we just need to be open and understanding to all.

Wendy me
01-21-2007, 06:06 PM
If we want to speak of fussy ...for me its hair ..Ive always got to have some kinda flip or do goin on ...cant just let it fall ... Ive made myself late because of it ...lol .....Sooooo Wendy your hair is a must ...spill it g/f

OK my hair lol late because of your hair?? lol OK everyday either washing (don't over do it) or condition it (again that over doing it thingy) .... now the fun starts drying the hair ... (it's almost half way down my back now ) shake ,shake, shake ....... towel dry it first time one large towel soaked ... second towel wrap it up ... start getting dressed (in ether mode) i 1/2 hours into the getting ready towel off ... shake, shake ,shake.... barrettes pin it up in layers to dry.... light makeup for dark circles under eyes (both modes) a norther hour passes.... Barrett's out shake,shake ,shake ..... brush it out before birds come to nest ..... pin it back so i can see.... and drink coffee..... re shake , brush it again .... going out pony tail .... put it up in 4 or 6 bands ready to go out .... almost 3 hours hair is dry....

yes now that i think abought it it's all abought the hair lol....

for a head full of full curly hair ??? lean over head down brush shake head hair spray and done ....

and a hair dryer ??? no way never have and never will use one...

to leave the house by 9 am i got to be up by 5:30 am or it's not going to happen.... most times yes i am late were ever i go but i could cut it ... i don't think so...... or blow dry it ... but that's not going to happen....

Sherlyn ?? can i change my answer to all abought the hair??? i driven my wife nuts waiting for me to get ready to go out..... :tongueout :tongueout :tongueout