PDA

View Full Version : Conservative but oh so feminine

Natasha_82
01-19-2007, 03:00 AM
I have a lot of really nice and sexy things in my wardrobe but when it comes to the thing in my wardrobe that makes me feel the most feminine it is something very conservative. It's a shirt dress that goes down to just below my knees, buttons like a regular blouse and isn't even short sleeved. I just was wondering if any of you girls out there have found a similiarsituation

Suzie S.
01-19-2007, 03:28 PM
I tend to be a bit conservative also. I much prefer a nice skirt suit, blouse, and classic pumps and hose to anything flashy like club wear. Just feel more polished and feminine that way!

Suzie S.

Marcie Sexton
01-19-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm another who goes for the run of the mill Jill stuff...although I did go through a ****ty look stage, I perfer a nice pair of slacks and blouse or a knee length skirt...Never know it to see my picture though:rolleyes:

tommi
01-19-2007, 03:41 PM
:doll: sweater dress was my wifes by I rescued it on the way to landfill
she put on weight, but it fits me great:heehee: :heehee:

Michelle 51
01-19-2007, 03:52 PM
.I enjoy conservative.I like the comfort and the look because i'm at that age now but i still like to dress in short skirt's once in a while.I'm not ready to throw the (you look like a tramp)stuff out yet.I don't think i'll ever get that old. Justabit

linnea
01-19-2007, 03:56 PM
My choices in clothing would probably strike most people as fairly tame or conservative. I have a lot of very pretty, lacy bras and panties, and I love to wear them. But I don't wear tight, short skirts--at my age it just wouldn't feel right to me. When I'm at home and I'm free to dress, it's often pretty plain, but I still feel very feminine.

Janetmarie
01-19-2007, 03:59 PM
I like the classy dressy look. I like skirts and dresses above the knee. Just not up to my you know what. I just like to always look and act like a lady. I never want to look trampy or disheveled. My outfits must match. Both in style and color. I never wear shoes or hose that does not match the outfit.

Karren H
01-19-2007, 04:32 PM
I tried the ****ty look.... And it was too cutsie... Couldn't pull it off... Wasn't me.. So I went for the classy look. And I think it works well... Not into casual and hate fem jeans (no surprise there)... So I wouldn't call it conservative, more up-to-date and location appropriate... Blends in well yet still feminine... I may be the only one in the entire store with a skirt one sometimes.... Go figure!! Lol

Karren

Adrienne Heels
01-19-2007, 05:03 PM
I like the conservative look to blend in....but I do wear sexy heels with all my outfits!

tvbeckytv
01-19-2007, 05:33 PM
dont think i ever went through the ****ty look phase... was dressing like a 40 yr old at 16... finally my age has caught up with my dress sense.

nataliecd77
01-19-2007, 09:51 PM
I like the conservative look to blend in....but I do wear sexy heels with all my outfits!

Gotta agree with Karyn there, I tend to dress a lil sexy but not totally trashy, but almost always have on a really sexy pair of heels. 4" or better,unless I plan on just shopping or chilling at the house and then sometimes it's flats or womans tennis shoes.
Love,
Natalie

marie354
01-19-2007, 10:03 PM
I too had that phase of micro-mini-skirts and way too tight tops at one time, but now I try to dress more realistically for my age. Right now I've got on a pair of black levi jeans (size 8) and a black v-neck blouse. Not too much different than that of a normal person of my age just being dressed casually at home.
I'm getting away from my short skirts too (mid thigh or above) and wearing them at or below the knees. (I must do more shopping... I must do more shopping... I must do more shopping...) *Slap on the head* I'm OK... The record was skipping a bit.
:hugs:

Amy07
01-19-2007, 10:12 PM
yea, me too. Bra, panties, heels and pantyhose. Dark skirt with a back pleat or side slit. Camisole and silky blouse. Or a nice skirt, tights, flats, and a bulky sweater on a cold, damp night.

susie evans
01-19-2007, 11:00 PM
in my younger days i used to have the ****y look and would get made some times in the last few years the conservative
look passes much better and i just blend in with the croud on most occasions and it's comfe also :hugs: :hugs:

susie

windycissy
01-19-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm with you, I used to have a shirtdress just like yours, and I loved it - casual and feminine! These days I'm into twinsets and pearls, another classic look...and of course I love to wear flats with my skirts, they are so cute and comfy!

NylonMan
01-19-2007, 11:44 PM
I just love to sit around wearing a bra,form fitting blouse,sexy pair of panties under a pair of silky pantyhose with a knee length hobble skirt and 3" Pumps. To me that is the best feeling. You can't help but feel very feminine, and the skirt ensures that you have feminine movements.

soccervixen
01-20-2007, 12:07 AM
long black jersey skirt which comes to about the ankles, paired with black slingback pumps of course! And a nice sweater as a top with color.

Amy Hepker
01-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Hey, I like all kinds of Female clothing, but the ones I like best are the ones with tight fitting bodice type, that show off the bustline. Back zip or back button. I do have all kinds of things as we sell on ebay and I get first choice.

Eugenie
01-20-2007, 02:01 AM
I'm also dressing rather conservatively, that is "dress code" appropriate according to the circumstances... I like the feeling to be as much as I can be like a real woman of my age and body size... (I'm 60 and rather plump...)

I also like comfortable clothes, underwear and high heel shoes, which for the later means not too high...
:hugs:
Eugenie

Marianna Julianna
01-20-2007, 08:53 AM
dont think i ever went through the ****ty look phase... was dressing like a 40 yr old at 16... finally my age has caught up with my dress sense.

I know what you mean Becky, I'm pretty much the same myself but now I take notice of what women my age wear (other women maybe I ought to say) and follow suit with that I like from that. Maybe it helps being married now, I feel more in with things of you know what I mean. I might try to add a picture from my archives to show what I was wearing in my early thirties when I was living here on my own.

Shelly Preston
01-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Qiuet and understated is what I try to achieve

Have a look at my avatar and see if you agree

Bethany Ann
01-20-2007, 09:47 AM
I love to dress sexy underneath, pretty and frilly everything all tucked away. On top I love consertative suits...a little tight...colorful....but very classy. I have stopped women in the office and asked them where they bought their beautiful suit...I own the same one by lunch!

Bethany

Joanna0909a
01-20-2007, 12:46 PM
I see I have lots of company! i have never been into the ****ty look - jut not me! I am really conservative - mostly solids/pastels. Partly from being conservative, partly because I am color challenged. Actually much of my fem wardrobe matches my guy wardrobe.

Totally happy in a knee or below skirt (LOVE SKIRTS & SLIPS) and a nice bouse or sweater. I always try and look nice to blend in. I do not want to stand out.

The 'Slob Look" many gg's employ drives me up a wall!

Hugs, Joanna

Angie G
01-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Some times but not always :hugs:
Angie

MsEva
01-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Have to say I too started out a bit ****ty but have evolved into well..me. I adore long skirts and dresses, the professional look, and a bit of sophisicated dress. Now if I just had someplace to wear my wardrobe.:o

Cathy J
01-21-2007, 06:29 AM
I personally don't care for the "Club" look, nor do I think women's pants are feminine at all. Advanced age might have something to do with it, but I wear only skirts and dresses with hems at knee to mid-calf. These show my legs at their best and I feel like a lady, which is my goal. Any style from pencil to full, so long as they're conservative and stylish. I love turtlenecks and skirts and skrt suits. So there!

Love,

Jenny Wilson
01-22-2007, 03:17 PM
I dress conservatively too. I'm definitely a "dress girl," though. I like the one-piece ease of dressing, no blouse to come untucked from my skirt. As for slacks, why would I wear them? If I wanted to wear pants, I'd just stay in drab.

However, I do love lacy, satiny undies and stockings and garter belts. sexy, but hidden.

When it comes to shoes I have a lot of average pumps and flats, but I have a soft spot for black patent leather Maryjanes with sky high heels and platforms.

Jenny

lauraabdl
01-22-2007, 03:24 PM
I went thru the ****ty period but as most of you I am now observing the girls my age and following there dress styles although I still love the frilly underthings. Guess you cant grow up all the time.