PDA

View Full Version : Contact Lenses & Make-up

Holly
01-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Okay ladies. I haven't seen this addressed (at least not recently). How do you cope with putting on makeup while wearing contact lenses? With my lenses in, I can see distance really well. BUT my close vision is the pits! Trying to get good detail, especially on my eye makeup is challenging, at best. A lighted magnifying mirror helps but still leaves something to be desired. Putting the lenses in after applying makeup doesn't seem to be an option as I would think the the eye makeup would be runied (not to mention the eyelashes!) manipulating the eye to get the lenses in. Thoughts? Comments? HELP!

windycissy
01-27-2005, 12:48 AM
I always put on my makeup first, then put in my contacts (make sure you wash the makeup off your hands before touching your contacts). Like you, I see better up close without my contacts on, so it is much easier to put on makeup without them. I go easy on the mascara when I'm wearing contacts, and eye makeup is not a problem - however, I have gas permeable lenses, not sure if bigger, softer lenses would be different. Windy

Helana
01-27-2005, 01:56 AM
You can get bi-focal contact lenses, never encountered them myself but I have heard about them.

ChristineRenee
01-27-2005, 02:15 AM
You can get bi-focal contact lenses, never encountered them myself but I have heard about them.Didn't know that Helana...thanks. I haven't wore contacts for a number of years now though. Maybe I need to get my progressive bi-focal Rx put into a cute girly frame?

Oh joy...more SHOPPING!!:p ;)

Fiona K
01-27-2005, 06:45 AM
I always put on my makeup first, then put in my contacts (make sure you wash the makeup off your hands before touching your contacts). Like you, I see better up close without my contacts on, so it is much easier to put on makeup without them. I go easy on the mascara when I'm wearing contacts, and eye makeup is not a problem - however, I have gas permeable lenses, not sure if bigger, softer lenses would be different. Windy

That's my method too Windy, but you're right it is probably easier with Gas Permeables
Fiona