PDA

View Full Version : facial hair removal

maryjanecapri
01-26-2005, 10:53 PM
hello ladies...

anyone here have laser hair removal done on the face? if so:

1) how torturous was the pain?
2) how torturous was the cost?

thanks for any advice/comments you can offer.

mary jane

Holly
01-26-2005, 11:21 PM
No experience to share, Mary Jane... sorry :(

Helana
01-27-2005, 04:59 AM
The answer to both questions is.....it depends

The pain level depends upon the power used. You will not feel low level power settings but they will not be particularly effective. To get the most out of laser you should select the highest setting that you can bear. I live in a country where I can use topical anesthetics to relieve the pain but I believe this is not the case in Europe and America. The higher the setting the more likely that permanent rather than temporary damage will be inflicted on the hair root.

As for cost it depends on what area is to be treated, what area of the world you live in and what machine they use.

As a very general guide if you were to have your beard treated then expect to pay between $100-$200 per session, and you will probably need between 6-10 sessions to clear the hair. Then you will need to wait a year before you can observe how permanent the results are.

Kim DJ
01-27-2005, 11:20 AM
hi Mary,
i have now had about 6 laser treatments, and it hurts, especially on the upper lip :eek: but i tell you the results are nothing short of fantastic. the more treatments you have the better it gets and as the hair density becomes less they turn the laser up to get the remaining ones. what you find is that the hair grows back a lot thinner. i now dont need to shave at all, apart from a quick dry shave to remove the white hairs which are not affected by laser. i started going once a month and now i go every three months, as the hair that does grow back just isnt really an issue, i.e. no beard shadow can be seen, as the hairs are soo sparce and thin.
Cost wise, in the uk its £100 a session and worth every penny, but be warned there are sharks out there who use poor quality lasers that would take forever to get to the desired effect. thus, do your research first.
hope this helps
love
kim :cool:

Helana
01-27-2005, 10:28 PM
Hey Kim, you look great in that bikini! Aren't the men all over you? :)

Danielle1960
01-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Yea Kim. You surely are taking all the men from the girls! :D