PDA

View Full Version : Beard Going Away

bgirl
01-19-2007, 07:59 AM
I am taking my beard off today for the second time in five years. The last time was August when I went to a tri-ess picnic.
My plan is to get clean shaven and go to the cosmetic counter in a city about an hour away to ask for some serious help. I have never found the right concealer or foundation or shade of make-up that works and I am tired of the dissapointment I feel when I go thru all that work, and see a man with too much make-up and poorly done at that. My SO does not use make-up.
Thats the plan if I don,t chicken out. My heart is pounding allready and I have only just started to remove my beard. Its somewhere that nobody knows me and even if they did, I look a LOT different without a beard. So why am I so scared?

MJ
01-19-2007, 08:14 AM
hi bgirl
this is something we all go through , after all we are guys underneath the makeup and outfits , going to a store in drab and asking for help with makeup is a big step and a lot more fun en femme but this is something you have never done so you will be nervous , try going to a salon in drab and coming out totally en femme , that was very hard for me to do as it was in a mall and everyone in the salon was looking at my step by step transformation and then go out in the mall, but now i have no fear good luck let us know how it goes

Stephenie S
01-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Of course the fear is only in your head. But you know that already.

Where it comes from is the ingrained feeling that you are doing something wrong, which is rediculous, of course. What you are going to do is not wrong, only different. Most people go through this in some fashion during there lives, and feel the same shame. Black people in a room full of whites, people with a deformity of some sort, geeks in a room full of jocks. We all have to deal with it at some level at some time.

I dated a black woman in college and I remember how I felt the first time she took me to a black bar. I was the ONLY white face in the whole room. Whew! That took a lot!

Try and drum into your brain that you are NOT doing something WRONG. It's OK to do this. It's OK to feel this way. It's NOBODY'S business but your own. AND, you have lots of friends here so you are NOT alone at all.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Staci G
02-02-2007, 07:34 AM
HI B Girl

Congrats on the shave. Have you contacted a Mary Kay consultant? I went to one a few hrs fom home she did a complete makeover and showed me the best way to conceal, and do my eyes ect.. then let me use her changing room to get dressed. Iwas totaly happy that day. She didn't work from home she had an office (some kind of district sales thingy) she had others working under her so she felt safe there were other consultants there watching and learning how to work with CDers. you might want to look for one that is in that position but they have good products and work for me. I have been to a Merle Norman consultant also but the products were not as satisfying for me
(kinda greasy) anywho good luck and I wish I could go with.