PDA

View Full Version : Your first time?...

Vallari
01-27-2005, 12:32 AM
OK I have been thinking about this forum as a whole and am still fascinated at how much it's grown! This thread will probably be of interest to older members here more than newer ones.

Do you remember the first day you came here and found this great site? How did you come across it? A domain name in a search? A link from a personal CD page? How many members do you remember being part of this forum officially at that time?

Just thought these would make for some interesting stories. Unfortunately I can't recall the exact day but it was in the afternoon, I think around noon. I came here via a domain name in a search engine after a morning of viewing personal CD pages and help/advice pages. I joined within a half-hour of discovering here and have been calling these forums home every since. :)

Sweet Susan
01-27-2005, 12:41 AM
This site was recommended to me by Marlene in October 2004. I came, I saw, I stayed.

Holly
01-27-2005, 01:21 AM
I Googled "crossdressers." Lurked for a few days. Joined and never had even a moment of regret. There is no place on earth better than right here for girls like us. The love, compassion, support, and acceptance we find here ae instrumental in coming to terms with who we really are. BTW, I've been a member less tha three weeks. Seems to me that there were about two dozen regular posters when I first joined.

ChristineRenee
01-27-2005, 01:32 AM
I googled my way in and haven't looked back since. This place has been a God send for me. I would venture to say that it has been that for anyone who has been a CD or CD/TG for as long or longer than I have. I'm in continual awe of just how fast the membership has grown here since I first joined back in July of 2004. I don't remember how many members we had then but it was nothing compared to the total we have at present and that is still growing by leaps and bounds everyday now.:cool: A real testimony to the success of this wonderful site and the sisterhood that has made it so wonderful!;)

Love to all,
Christine Renee

Kate_Uhler
01-27-2005, 01:38 AM
actually who funds this?

curious kate.

Tristen Cox
01-27-2005, 01:41 AM
When huh? Alrighty then.

I was doing a search for, yep you guessed it: clothing. :p I tried a few sites under womens clothing and got this forum on the search(why I don't know). So then, I tried looking up crossdressing, again came back with this site on the top of the search. I really had no interest in a forum for discussion at the time. I figured it was just for freaky people (like me) so I didn't bother looking into what was going on too much. A few days later I was searching and again came across this site. I had some time to kill so I began reading the threads. -June 6th 2004'

Ten days later I decided to join and make a few replies here and there, still not really knowing what to make of things. Well the least I can say here is I was dead wrong about my first interpretation of this place. And I am beyond happy that I mistaken. In six months this forum has done wonderous things for me, and I have watched others getting the same if not better out of their membership here. There's no where quite like this.

What a great place we have!!!

Love & hugs
Tristen

Julie
01-27-2005, 02:31 AM
Seems Google has got a lot to answer for by the looks of things. I used the crossdressing word and this fantastic place was amongst a miriad of offerings.

I did not register automatically as I was nervous yet happy that I'd seemed to have found a place that looked welcoming and was expressing things that applied to me and who I am.

At this point I was already registered on a site her in the UK since May but hadn't yet had the courage to post there as I didn't feel it as friendly as this place, I now visit 4 forums but this is where I call home.

JJ

Helana
01-27-2005, 03:36 AM
I came here via a link from a personal CD website. I also took a while to join but it was obvious from my first look that this was a supportive and loving group devoid of the usual trolls whom I detest. I have been at forums which have been destroyed by trolls and eventually closed down.

I had a look at the first few pages on this forum from last year and it looks funny - very few members, little discussion or support. It really has changed a lot in a short time, and all for the better.

I also hope that crossdressers.com becomes a role model community to advance the TG agenda by giving each other the necessary advice and support to come out to our SOs and also to appear in public. The more this happens the more we will break down society's intolerance and ignorance.

The only problem I can foresee is that with this rapid growth, we could become too large and difficult to manage. However that is a nice problem to have and will be overcome.

Long live crossdressers.com :)

Noel Chimes
01-27-2005, 04:46 AM
Like most of us here, I was web surfing and came across this site and have called it home ever since. After reading some of the posts and replies, I felt comfortable in opening up and telling my own story. And for that I thank all of you. It is a joy and a privilage to be here. The caring and sharing of feelings and support is fabulous.
Hugs and kisses to all, Noel

Sharon
01-27-2005, 04:47 AM
I found my way here through Google also. I don't remember what I was searching for at the time, probably just general information, but I joined after reading just a few threads. I've spent years reading about other CD's and TG's, but I had never had the opportunity to share my own story and exchange ideas with others like me. I also liked the fact that we don't take ourselves too seriously here, unlike some of the other forums I had encountered.

cdgirl
01-27-2005, 07:27 AM
ive been cding for 41 years now and i always had to keep everything to
myself.this past summer we got a computer .so i started looking up crossdressing sites.alittle nervous at first looking online you know what i mean.then finally this past december a friend emailed me the forums email address .and i been in extacy ever since.oh what a happy day for me
to find a place where i dont have to be alone by myself in secret anymore.i wish this place was around in the 1970s.we need not to be alone anymore.huggs with love cdgirl.

Ashlee
01-27-2005, 07:44 AM
Hey Val,
What happened to "TxRachel"? I love your pic and posts.

Wendy me
01-27-2005, 08:19 AM
i just got my frist coumpter day 2.............found this place.........now your all stuck with me................................................ ............................................

racheal
01-27-2005, 08:27 AM
I came across this site on a Sunday, about almost 3 weeks ago. I found it by doing a search in Google and it was the second or third from the top. Once looking at some of the posts as a guest and seeing the honesty and 'felineship' (tried to think of a word other than 'fellowship' for a female twist :)), I decided to join. I then found some of my older pictures and now I consider myself to be one of the family. (I hope :)). This has been a truly enriching expirience for me and I am glad to be here.

I feel another group HUG coming on... :)

Jennifer_G
01-27-2005, 08:39 AM
I was bored one day so I was just entering URL's straight into my browser just to see what I found.

www.crossdressers.com was just one of many I entered.

Was at least a couple of months before I joined though.

DonnaT
01-27-2005, 01:48 PM
I knew Julie M. from another forum and was curious about this site she moderated.

So I visited and lurked and one day a question was asked I could answer from something that occured back in the 70's, and I joined and posted a reply.

Priscilla1018
01-27-2005, 03:11 PM
I also have Google to thank for finding this site. I read a few threads and decided that I could open up and be myself here.This all happened only last week, but it has been a great week.

Priscilla1018 :D

Janet K.
01-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Did an MSN search for crossdressing and this is what I found. Figured I would become a member to see what everyone else was talking about and decided to stay :) Can't imagine not having this forum now---what a support group!!

Amelie
01-27-2005, 05:56 PM
I was looking for power tools and I accidently found this site.

Most of the Cds that were here when I first registered are gone. The forum seems to go in waves. One group seems to replace another with a few remaining from the previous group, although now it seems like people are staying longer.

Danielle1960
01-27-2005, 06:19 PM
I was searching for something more than the degrading stuff that was out there. :( I must have surfed thru a bunch of therm. Then one day I just typed it in an I was her! :) I read around or lurked for a day or two then joined in. This has been a real growing experience in many ways. Thanks to all of you. It would be interesting to find out who underwrites this site. Being a comercial site I would think the business would appreciate our business. :rolleyes:

Trinity_cat
01-27-2005, 06:26 PM
I see google has a lot to answer for :D

Yes me too, I googled right on over.

alba68
01-27-2005, 07:11 PM
I came here via google aswell. Joined not long after. Best place to be.

Lindahexi
01-28-2005, 09:28 AM
I found this site through AOL and liked what I read. I've surfed through lots of sites before but have never had any inclination to get involved, some of them displayed really hurtful and spitefull threads. I will never forget the date that I joined this site January 21st 2005! I felt comfortable reading others comments and felt a real sense of community, with no nasty, degrading put-downs. I love this site and my only worry is that it won't be here for ever.

Tracie Lynn
01-28-2005, 09:46 AM
I was surfing through some CDing pages on Google Search looking for some hair and makeup tips and linked in through web ring spent a couple of days looking around and joined it's a great place and if you want me to leave you will have to throw me out tee hee.
Love and Hugs Tracie Lynn

Krissi
01-28-2005, 10:28 AM
I'm beginning to think that our top secret Admin works for google...lol. I too googled crossdressing one boring afternoon at work. I scanned the forum pretty quick (wouldn't really call it lurking since I joined like 10 mins after I found the place.) I didn't post much at first, even now my posting depends on what kind of day we're having here at the office. I've really enjoyed my time here, its nice to have a place that's not all about kinky dates or nasty pics. Just a bunch of girls chatting and having a good time. Three cheers for Google...

racquel
01-29-2005, 03:37 AM
Hip-HIP horay,Hip-Hip horay, Hip-Hip horay.
Google As well. :D

Kassandra
01-29-2005, 08:17 AM
For me it was almost mystical.

I was doing kind of a random surf. Go to one site, check out their stuff, click their links page and then click on something else. I had been doing that for about an hour, then I ended up here...

I was so depressed that day! I felt so alone, and so much like a freak. My feelings for being a girl never went away, but I had no one to talk to about it.

With shaking hands and just about crying, I registered. Which is something I've never done on any forum. Then I made my first post.

The response from everyone just lifted me up! Everyone was so friendly and supportive. I run to this place every chance I get. It's been a godsend for me!

Tris

SilkenPrincess
01-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Thank heaven for Google!
I got here by doing a search for "Transsexual Chat". It was near the top of the page. I read a few threads and saw that it was more like a girls slumber party than the "other" sites all over the web, so I joined. Yeah, sex is nice, but my reasons for joining and posting here go far beyond anything sexual. I just like y'all. I grew up with a bunch of sister's and had to be "brother". Here, I am a sister, finally! And the occasional GG postings are informative and hope inspiring as well. I love you all!
SilkenPrincess

kristi cd
01-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Most of the Cds that were here when I first registered are gone. The forum seems to go in waves. One group seems to replace another with a few remaining from the previous group, although now it seems like people are staying longer.

I've noticed that too unfortunately. :(

As for me, another CD I met on URNA gave me the link, and like to many older members she seems to have disappeared as well.

MichelleGray502
01-29-2005, 02:56 PM
I found this forum by also typing in www.crossdressers.com one day and waiting to see what came out of it. I was really impressed after only reading a couple of threads and decided to become a member right away and not look back since there is other froums on the internet but none of them are as good as this one by far the best crossdressers forum on the internet in my opoin
Michelle_Peanut_Skirter

Serena
01-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Same as Michelle here, I just wanted to talk to other crossdressers, and I gave it a shot.

Sunshine
01-29-2005, 03:21 PM
I googled my way here, too!