PDA

View Full Version : First time at a mall en femme

Helen in OK
01-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Yesterday morning was a mile stone for me. I went to a mall by myself en femme. I went early in the morning and got there just after 10 am. I used one of the Macy's entrances (ladies fashions). I sent 15 to 20 minutes window shopping and saw some cute pencil skirts in Lane Bryant, as well as a couple of other stores. I resisted going into a store as I didn't want to be too tempted and have to buy something now.

I think I got read my the reactions of two younger women who were going into VS. But I survived. To blend in more, I wore a pair of Levi's 550 Ladies jeans, a pair of canvas shoes, a black turtleneck. Oh was I nervous, but I want to do it again, surprise, surprise. :happy:

This forum is such a corrupting place.:D So thank you.

I know Karren, jeans are not the thing, but I was trying to blend in, and at 5' 14" (I know you can do the math) and 195 lbs, I do stand out.

Helen in OK

tommi
01-19-2007, 04:23 PM
:hugs: Isn't it just liberating to finally do it. I find it to be almost better than sex:heehee:

Karren H
01-19-2007, 05:06 PM
I know Karren, jeans are not the thing, but I was trying to blend in, and at 5' 14" (I know you can do the math) and 195 lbs, I do stand out.

Helen in OK

Wait.....where's my calculator?? Hehe

And I'm not that repulsed by jeans!! OK.... As long as they are not on me......and I don't see them on you......and you don't tell me about them......... Then I'm fine...... :D

Glad you had fun after all that's what it all about!!

Karren

Lisa Marie
01-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Glad you had a good time! I'm still looking forward to my first time out at the mall as a lady. Don't know when that's going to be but I hope soon!

StacyCD
01-19-2007, 06:28 PM
It may sound strange but the less your worry about being read, the less you will be read! Just remember you have as much a right to shop as the next person and your choice of attire is yours! Have fun!

Kaitlyn Michele
01-19-2007, 07:48 PM
helen --- just wait!! it gets better...next time try some real shopping !!!!

i enjoy the feeling of being out and just feeling relaxed and feminine....its funny i am sure i have been read, MANY times and i've bought stuff and talked with makeup counter ladies and just enjoyed the time dressed and out..i dont worry about getting read..(and btw i have had a few negative encounters but i try not to worry about it)

also
i dont always feel that way (ie confident about myself) so when i am feeling good about it i always take the opportunity to get out!
have fun
michele

Scottey1
01-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Helen -
I did the same yesterdy and what a treat! Best thing to do if you think you're read is to ignore it! As Micheletv said, enjoy the time and ignore how others react.

Good for you!

Brenda Love
01-19-2007, 08:51 PM
That sounds so exciting!!! and a little scary too.I think when I finally get the courage it would have to be out of town so I didn't run into any friends:eek:

congrats hon!

Hugs
Brenda

marie354
01-19-2007, 09:01 PM
:hugs: Isn't it just liberating to finally do it. I find it to be almost better than sex:heehee:

Better than sex!!!! OMG! There's just one more reason that I need to go out and experience this myself. Not yet. *sigh*... but soon... I feel it coming really soon and I can hardly wait. But I will wait for the right time. Probably be the first week of next month, I think.
I'll find out more tomorrow.
:hugs:

Helen in OK
01-19-2007, 10:11 PM
tommi,

It was liberating. And as to being better than sex, well I'll have to reserve judgement on that until after I have purchased something while being en femme.

erinwoodrose,

Yes it is addictive, but my wife is not understanding, so I will have to wait until she has another business trip to go out again, boo hiss.

Karren,

I knew there was a reason why I didn't take a picture of me in jeans.

angie, brenda and marie,

Your day will come when you are ready. You will be nervous, but remember the phrase "carpe diem" and just do it, you will survive.

michele and scottey,

That was the only "being read" I saw, since they were right in front of me at the time, I was probably read more times, just didn't know it.

Thank you for all of the encouragement, that is what makes this place so fantastic.

Helen in OK

CDTiffany
01-19-2007, 11:21 PM
How FUN!!!!!!! Your experience, gives me a chance. I am so, so afraid!
Hopefully, someday!!!!!!!!
You Rock!!
XOXO Tiffany

Billijo49504
01-20-2007, 12:07 AM
WOW!!! I'm glad you had such a great day at the mall. I might get out to the mall tomarrow or Sunday...BJ

Alice Torn
01-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Yes, we , well over six feet, do stand out, and it would make it harder to not be read! I am 6'6", and went out five times, over a year ago, and was read, by many! Haven't been out since. In heels, I was 6'10"!! Not too many ladies around, that tall. got a lot of looks, and sounds!

Barb Valentine
01-20-2007, 12:30 AM
Good for you Helen
Maybe next time you'll buy yourself something

Angie G
01-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Nice job you go girl :hugs:
Angie

Holly
01-20-2007, 02:42 AM
Helen, I've got to tell you that I am so proud of you! As we become more comfortable and secure within ourselves it becomes easier to venture into the mainstream of society and make our presence known in a positive light. You may not realize it or even believe it, but you have forwarded the cause of our community by what you have done. The more often we are seen as self confident individuals enjoying ourselves socially, the sooner we will become less freaky to society and be able to integrate within the mainstream. I'll bet you thought you were out just having a good time! :D

suzy
01-20-2007, 03:49 AM
Helen,

Congratulations!

That first step is tough....but oh so rewarding!!!! Now you're on your way to many more outting ventures!!!! :hugs:

BobbieCD1944
01-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Glad you had fun after all that's what it all about!!
Karren

From an old song....

"..In my mind she's still a lady, that's all I'm gonna say.
I knew that I'd been broken by the time we parted ways.
And I know I held more woman than most eyes have ever seen
That night I knew a lady wearin' tight fittin' jeans.":drooling:

Helen in OK
01-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Holly,

You are so right, each time we go out en femme and attempt to blend in by wearing appropriate clothes, we help destroy bit by bit, the negative image most of society has of us.

The first time I went shopping, it was after a TriEss meeting, and I tagged along with the president of the chapter. That time I was in heels, stockings and a skirt (mid calf denim), so there was no hope of blending in, not on a Saturday afternoon. But after I got over my fear factor, it felt so good, and my comment back then to other members of TriEss was that I looked upon that excursion as educational for both me and everyone who saw me.

Again to all of you who haven't been out, it is scary, but the high afterwards is fantastic. Find a good local group who will support you, guide you on your journey out, or maybe find others in your area who will be willing to act as your older sisters.

Thank all of you for the supportive comments.

Helen in OK

susananklet
01-21-2007, 02:37 PM
As more of us mingle the public won't read us as much because we seem to everywhere in great numbers. Susan:2c: