PDA

View Full Version : What did you do today you've never done before..?

Kate_Uhler
01-27-2005, 07:07 AM
Being new, I'm noticing in myself and others how exciting it is when new comers do something for the first time and I thought this might be a good thread to acknowledge and celebrate these with everyone.

Of course I didn't just think that up.. I had something I desperately am busting to share..

I've heard others talk about the first foot out the door en femme and it always made me shutter.... thats a big heavy door to open...

Today I bought a slinky black dress for a song at Ross Dress for Less and tonight was being so excited about it, how well It fit, how much I wanted my first dress, and how real it made me feel... so..... Dressed with makeup and a new wig I walked out my front door down the long hall to the elevator, (concrete so there was LOUD heel clumping too, well it seemed really loud to me. ) Took the elevator to the first floor, got out checked my mail, and the community board and returned.. I made more noise walking back cause I thought why shouldnt I make noise. Shoes make noise.... I'm wearing shoes with 4 in. heels.. these make noise... I like the sound my shoes make now!

I got back in.. excited yet also relieved... and went right to posting this thread cause I knew you knew what I was feeling.. ;)

kisses,
kate.

Sharon
01-27-2005, 07:11 AM
Congratulations Kate, it's a huge step! One small step today, a larger step awaiting.

ChristineRenee
01-27-2005, 07:35 AM
Way to go Kate. I'm proud of you...and more than just a little envious as well. Now you have that first baby step out of the way, I imagine it should get easier and easier for you from here on out.;)

Congrats again girl!:cool:

Hugs & Kisses,
Christine Renee

Wendy me
01-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Being new, I'm noticing in myself and others how exciting it is when new comers do something for the first time and I thought this might be a good thread to acknowledge and celebrate these with everyone.

Of course I didn't just think that up.. I had something I desperately am busting to share..

I've heard others talk about the first foot out the door en femme and it always made me shutter.... thats a big heavy door to open...

Today I bought a slinky black dress for a song at Ross Dress for Less and tonight was being so excited about it, how well It fit, how much I wanted my first dress, and how real it made me feel... so..... Dressed with makeup and a new wig I walked out my front door down the long hall to the elevator, (concrete so there was LOUD heel clumping too, well it seemed really loud to me. ) Took the elevator to the first floor, got out checked my mail, and the community board and returned.. I made more noise walking back cause I thought why shouldnt I make noise. Shoes make noise.... I'm wearing shoes with 4 in. heels.. these make noise... I like the sound my shoes make now!

I got back in.. excited yet also relieved... and went right to posting this thread cause I knew you knew what I was feeling.. ;)

kisses,
kate.

like a kid in candy store greate is n't it ????????????????????????????? ;)

racheal
01-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Welcome Kate! Shop till you drop! Keep a steady pace - step by step, rung, by rung, climbing that ladder. :)

LindaTS
01-27-2005, 08:43 AM
I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing my heels clicking along as I walk around on a sidewalk or in a mall. That has to be one of the best sounds in the world.

Janet K.
01-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Today, I got dressed in the house with my SO there (she was asleep :cool: ), walked around for about an hour and then left to start the drive in to work. As I walked out the door, I grabbed the trashbag that was sitting by the door and carried it out to the trashcan that is at the end of our driveway (it's a long driveway--it can fit 12 cars double file). As I was walking back to the car I noticed that my next door neighbor (single gg--very nice but sometimes nosy) was walking around in her living room. Did she see me walking to the trash can? I really don't know. After that, I drove in to town. We have a lot of three lane each way roads around here---I purposely stayed in the middle lane to see if I got any kind of reaction---none. No honks, no double takes, no pointing or anything like that. It was wonderful. I am going to do it again after work today. I love being a CD and this forum has given me so much confidence. I have not tried going out with makeup yet. That will be my next step. When I do that, I am going to try to go into some places. Maybe the mall and the library. I will keep you informed.

Wendy me
01-27-2005, 10:55 AM
I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing my heels clicking along as I walk around on a sidewalk or in a mall. That has to be one of the best sounds in the world.

you ever notic just how loud thay are when you get busted???????????lol??//? :p

DonnaT
01-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Congratulations Kate and Juana! http://worldzone.net/internet/barb_bill/gifs5/clappinghands.gif

Holly
01-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Just two more examples to the power of support.

Kate - I do know the feeling of being out for the first time. There is no bigger rush in the world. It's both terrifying and satisfying at the same time. Christine Renee is right when she says it will only get easier from here on out. Be proud of your girl and show her off!

Juanna - You're on your way, girlfriend! Keep it up. That shopping trip to the mall or trip to the library is closer than you think! I can hardly wait to hear about your trip home today.

Aloha_Dana
01-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Awesome Kate and Juana! I've done similar things, walked down the driveway and around the yard, and drive the car (scary though w/out a wig - god I really need one). Anyway, I'm sure you can still feel the adreniline rush, eh? Yes, I love it. Better than substance use.

Keep it up Ladies!
Dana

Kate_Uhler
01-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Driving While Dressed..!!!!! thats next for me I think!!!!!

THANKS Jauna.. :) you've inspired me.

thanks everyone for your encouragment... :)

kisses and more kisses,
kate

Janet K.
01-28-2005, 04:25 PM
No problem. I'm glad I could help. Any time I am able to inspire and support I will do it. It's actually quite nice to go for a drive while dressed. You are in your own little bubble, where no one else can enter. It is exhilarating. I have even noticed that I am a much more passive driver when dressed---ironic, isn't it? This morning I even ventured outside the car. I stopped by the Post Office to drop off the mail and actually walked into the Post Office (no one was working at the time---the drop boxes are located inside and the lobby is open 24 hours a day) while there was a car not more than 50 yards away from me. I was about to wait in my car until they drove off and then decided "what the heck---it's not like they can really see who my male side is." I made sure I walked slow and took my time getting into the building. I swear, this forum has given me so much more confidence than I ever had before. I am so ready to go out there and spend time in public places as myself. I just have to perfect my makeup look and I will be ready. I have started scoping out places to see if there are people stationed as greeters that are paid to pay attention to everyone that walks in the door. I know that Wal Mart is out until I get a little better at the public thing---they have greeters 24 hrs a day. The bigger department stores are in---they don't have greeters---stores such as JCPenneys, Sears, Foleys, Dillards, Kohls, and Mervyns to name a few all are greeterless and for the most part leave their shoppers alone until they show an interest in an item. The malls will be great---not a whole lot of people that pay attention to everyone that walks by. The libraries nearby will be great as well---they have large entryways that are un(wo)manned and the bathrooms are in that entryway. There is also a display with some literature as well as a couple of tables out there where a girl can sit to take a load off of her size 9's and read a book. I might even try the airport but I wouldn't want to be considered a threat to National Security because I was dressed as a woman. Here is what I am scoping as my next big adventure once I get makeup worthy---light rail trains. Dallas has a light rail train that runs from far North Dallas all the way to the other side of town. One night whenever the train is light, I am going to ride that train all the way from one end to the other. I figure all you really have to do is don't act like you're nervous about doing it (although I will be terrified) and maybe take a good romance novel along to read. I might only go on the North part of the train, though. The south part of town gets kinda rough and I might get attacked or worse. I'll let y'all know when that happens---it has been a dream of mine for a few years now. I can't wait to make it a reality.

Sweet Susan
01-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Congratulations to Kate and Juanna! I remember the first time I went outside en femme, it was a huge thing mentally, emotionally, and sexually. We're talking cardiac arrest heart thumps, here.
Driving! Oh, what a high that is. I LOVE to drive en femme!!!!