PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Dilemma

Caz
01-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Hello All

I have a dilemma that is, in my experience and research, quite unusual, possibly unique. I am seeking your input so that I can work my way through this issue.

Here is some history:

I have always considered myself to be transgendered. I have always felt that I am female, inside a male body, and in 1996, actually commenced the gender reassignment programme. The reason I had to abandon the programme is another story. I have always found that wearing feminine clothing is a calming and peaceful state, and it has always given me great comfort and a feeling of completeness.

In 1996 I found out that I have Klinefelter Syndrome, that is to say, I have an extra X chromosome. I am XXY – females are XX and males are XY.

Throughout the years, there have been fluctuations, through circumstances, external or state of mind, when I have dressed femininely to greater or lesser degrees. I am currently in a completely supportive relationship, where my SO actually encourages me to self-actuate. She even makes clothing for me, both street-wear and lingerie. I am very blessed.

However, in the past year or so, I have completely lost interest in dressing in feminine clothing. COMPLETELY. I have no interest in removing facial and body hair, despite having had extensive electrolysis on my face, and then waxing the remaining facial hair for many years. I have, however, kept my hair long and in a feminine style. I also have no interest in wearing lingerie, nor putting on make-up, nor presenting as the woman I have always felt that I am. In all the reading I have done throughout the years, and all the CD’s and TG’s I have known over the decades, this would seem to be most unusual. The “norm” being that the urge to dress femininely increases as one gets older. I have not encountered my dilemma before, in either myself, or in anyone else. I feel empty and hollow, as if part of me has disappeared – a big part of me. When I look at photos of myself en femme, I feel a sense of longing for that person (me) to return. I have every opportunity to dress femininely, and as I said before, I have a supportive and encouraging SO, one who does not merely tolerate my femininity, but actually encourages it, but there is a total lack of interest on my part.

Has anyone else felt like this, encountered this, or recovered from this? How many times would a psychologist be confronted with a TG or CD who actually wanted help in restoring the longing and desire to be feminine?

I really miss me, and would love to have me back. All helpful comments would be appreciated.

Luv from

Caz xx

NatalieGirl
01-20-2007, 10:04 AM
I wish I could be of some help, Caz. But I'm not a psychologist. Perhaps you are having second thoughts and would prefer to stay a man? If so, that's ok. You would not be the first person to change his or her mind.

I know that when you were in the gender reassignment program, you had to have counseling with some therapist who is knowledgeable about transgendered issues. Is it possible for you to have additional counseling?

celeste26
01-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Instead of trying to fill some idealized remembered state of being, keep with the feelings of the moment if you do not want to go through with all the feminine things at *this time* then don't.

By staying *in the moment* you will always do what you want. Just let go of expectations and fears and be yourself whoever that may be *at this time*.

Blessings

JEANNE63
01-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Caz, down, down-under. Don't worry you'll recover! If, for the time being, XY is working better than XX so be it. Chemistry has delt you an unusual hand. You can play it either way. Go for it! Best Wishes!

rickie121x
01-20-2007, 10:39 AM
AS we age our hormone balances change, and as a result our desires also change. Since your gene structure is not the ordinary, it is possible that the changes you experience are extra-ordinary.

Could it be that you might need some of the mid life female hormone stimulating drugs or herbs? There are many available at Walmart, for example, at minimum costs.

I am in the plain old "xy" category, but find that my "warmer" side is enhanced by that group of herbs - have not started on "drugs", not yet anyway. I feel calmer and more balanced, and am happy to be dressed for a great deal of my available CD time.

... and I loved the comment by Celeste about "keeping with the feelings of the moment" and letting go of "expectations and fears". Yes ! Those are notions that make life really worth while.

Rickie :heehee: