PDA

View Full Version : A word of warning!

Tracy_Victoria
01-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Girls.

Interesting topic came up at work. Firstly yes I work weekends and my company is open for business 24/7. So I work early and late shifts and basically if the day has a Y in it, were open for business.

The security guards at our place work long shifts, and of course they pop in for tea, coffee and a chat. this morning topic was Transvestism!

it seem after dark last night, it was noted that someone had driven down the lane right next to our work. mostly the guy see no body from week to week, but if they do, it normally a couple. However this visitor was a single guy, who then proceeded to transform.

Most places now have night vision cameras so the guards were able to see everything from the remove of his clothes to the placing of the new outfit and wig. She even got out afterward to have a Pee! (standing up!)

Now this person has done no wrong, and we all have a right to wear what we want, and there are no laws in the UK on wearing and acting as a female, as long as it not for an illegal purpose. But if your a quick change artist please be aware of your surrounding and the facilities arround you.

I know many people on this board actually will have, want to, or do, do this or will do this at some point in time, so be aware of these things and the Range of a CCTV Camera. Ie don't park up next to Schools, Prisons, Military bases, Goverment establishments, Police Stations, Shops and the like to change. (even if it is dark, even if it is closed, as security is a 24/7 thing)

Basically be careful out there and aware of your surrounding. Fortunately I know no further action will happen over this even if they had got a full registration (which they didn't) However unlike my place, you don't know what esle is going to happen, CCTV footage is the first thing the police look for if something goes down in the area you decided to change in. Now I know you will have done nothing wrong, but the last thing you need is someone banging on your door asking why and what you were doing. (and why you were wearing a dress to do so!

Also and lastly, not everyone is honest, so remember if your dressing is a secret, don't flaunt it under a CCTV camera, car registration are easy to trace, specially if your a local to the area, so just be careful out there, if you want to do a quick change, get away, and don't get seen, certainly if you don't want to be seen. ie if you are covert, then you need to be just that!

celeste26
01-20-2007, 11:45 AM
are in far more places than just those few. There are thousands of traffic cameras, cameras at ATM's and most parking lots also. This generation is the most videoed ever. Privacy is just in your own home it seems. Fortunately they can prove innocence as well as guilt, since they are dispassionate they just show what is out there.

Salina
01-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Maybe this person wanted to be seen/videotaped? Taking a pee could potentially be the biggest risk...public urination/indecency/....I was arrested for that once (public urination) in my younger, wilder, drunken days while in Daytona on Spring Break. The first and hopefully the last time I'll ever be in a jail cell.

Wendy me
01-20-2007, 11:50 AM
we have more than a few here that get dressed out and abought .. and i sure thy know bought the cams but it bears repeating ... i sold and installed security systems ... trust me very seldom your relay all alone some one is watching when you lest expect it ....

Amanda Jane
01-20-2007, 12:37 PM
and we are not even talking about that self-check out deal, where they have you on camera tied to your credit card accounts buying those panties

time for everyone to come out / there are no secrets anymore / nothing left to conceal / no where to run to / no where to hide

Karren H
01-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Well that's why I bring my own camera!!! Just incase the facility I change in doesn't have one of their own!!!

Take 35. Lights....Camera.... And Action!!!

Cut cut cut!!! No no no!!! More inthusiiasium!!!

Again.... From the top!!!

Hehehe

Love Karren

Brenda Love
01-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Most likely the security guards are wearing panties under their uniforms:D ......I was a security guard years ago and I did!:D

hugs
Brenda

Angie G
01-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Goodpoint Tracy :hugs:
Angie

susie evans
01-20-2007, 02:06 PM
i hope she posed nice for the pictures and had good makeup :heehee: :heehee:

love susie

Kristen Kelly
01-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Well that's why I bring my own camera!!! Just incase the facility I change in doesn't have one of their own!!!

Take 35. Lights....Camera.... And Action!!!

Cut cut cut!!! No no no!!! More inthusiiasium!!!

Again.... From the top!!!

Hehehe

Love Karren

Karen you are just too much. :lol:

Joy Carter
01-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Did it once in a closed state run truck scale. I did take measures to stay in the dark on the entrance road far from any buildings. I think a badger was watching me though. :heehee: The thing of it was I had planed to go strait home and change. Lucky I didn't because I ran into my son at the door.:eek:

vicky lee
01-20-2007, 06:13 PM
i could just see karen poseing in front of them cameras
never thought of them in that way but then again how do you know there not cds looking for tips he he

finacarina
01-20-2007, 07:07 PM
a camera? tell me where!

Peggy55
01-20-2007, 07:53 PM
If you need to change find a public toilet or something likre that! Unless being an exibitionist was this persons thing!

trannie T
01-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Next time you get out see how many cameras you can spot. My credit union has about a dozen inside and a few outside, the ones inside WallyMart are concealed but they have about twenty outside. My little town has several traffic cameras. Reminds one of the old song "You'll Never Walk Alone."

Phyliss
01-21-2007, 04:57 AM
the ones inside WallyMart are concealed but they have about twenty outside.

They aren't really, look at all those black globes hanging down from the ceiling. Occasionally I'll have some fun, and "skulk" about the store picking up different items only to put them back and attempt to find an area where I can't be seen by any camera in the air. It isn't easy to find a section that isn't being watched. I don't buy anything, the only reason I'm there is, wife, has dragged me kicking and screaming into the place. So I figure if I have to be in there I'll have some fun, and pass the time.

Jenn S.
01-21-2007, 05:05 AM
Haha, yes I used to work at Big Lots when I was in high school. There were about two dozen black globes on the ceiling, but the only one that actually hid a working camera was the one right above the customer service desk. My best friend and I always had a good laugh when the store would play a recording every half-hour, saying in our manager's voice "Security, you have a call on line one. Security, line one."

Kate Simmons
01-21-2007, 05:21 AM
I never worry about that stuff too much, since I get dressed at home before I go out. The only other thing I do besides shopping, is go in the ladies Rooms sometimes. If they have a camera in there, it's their problem what they see, not mine. Think I could call them on that one though. I do know of one store back in the early 60's(Newberry's , I think) that had a one way mirror in the Men's room. I pity the poor person who had to monitor that one.:happy:

susananklet
01-21-2007, 02:27 PM
we have more than a few here that get dressed out and abought .. and i sure thy know bought the cams but it bears repeating ... i sold and installed security systems ... trust me very seldom your relay all alone some one is watching when you lest expect it ....

I find too everywhere you go now you are being observed. I remember real privacy was before cameras became so cheap.:eek: Susan

janedoe311
01-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Not only that they have true time Multi channel DVR's that can record for days. Some will have old time laps VHS recorders.

You can not tell where the camera is they can be exit signs, clocks, smoke detectors, sprinkler heads, boom boxes, books on shelves even stuff toys to name a few. They have pin cameras that will look like a spot on the wall or ceiling!

SO BEWARE.

Amanda Jane
01-22-2007, 02:30 PM
There is a not so funny, not really a parody on the ACLU web site you might like about how much information people have on each other, how it is being tied together and what the outcome of that might be, be sure to turn the sound up, its about ordering a pizza

http://www.aclu.org/pizza/

cocopuff's girl GG
01-22-2007, 03:08 PM
I know that you should not have much problems changing in the back of wally World. My 16 yr old son just had his car broken into on Saturday night. They make the employees park in the back and the camera's didn't see anything. They said it was too far away for the camera's to pick it up. They dusted for prints and got a few but nothing really to go on. :love:

janedoe311
01-22-2007, 05:06 PM
It has been talked about GPS locator and so called ID information in tiny chips in your driver’s licenses.

http://users.cybertime.net/~ajgood/chipindex.html

The maker of these chips is lobbying to get everyone in the US to have on and to require them implanted at birth.
They say is it for our safety.

They are trying to get them in everyone in the country. They technically can not be tracked by GPS yet, so they say.

They are planing to inplant them in all service men. There are some being used in child preditors and those on parole. Some parents are getting them put in their kids with medical information.

So beware.

avrillunge
01-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Some of you are going to find this either wrong or creepy.

First off I live at Defcon 6 with my dressing, so I do everything (which is still alot, Karen would be proud) at low risk mode.

I finish work alot of times late at night and driving home I drive by this carpool parking lot. Next to it is a large cemetary with asphalt driveways going all over the place and the whole cemetary is surrounded by large pine trees. So I park in the carpool lot (which hardly gets used) and I make a little hop, skip, and a jump into the cemetary with my travel bag and it's hours of fun with no interuptions (and I hope no cameras, odds are no).

This is where I learned to walk really well in heels. And there's nothing like the sound of those heels clicking and echoing amoungs the pines.

Joann

Rebecca-L
01-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Amanda,

That Pizza skit on the ACLU site was great! Reminds me of some of the phone calls I have had to companies I do business with ("And your address is.. " before I have even mentioned my name)

Thanks for sharing.

Helen MC
01-23-2007, 05:28 AM
I had a laugh at the Pizza spoof from ACLU, then I shivered! We are a micron off of this already here in the UK!

Our Government intends to bring in ID cards which are likely to be chipped, but wait a minute, they already have the makings of this here in good old England.

There are myriads of CCTV cameras already, the black globes on poles are in every City Centre street and atop Traffic Lights. Then there are the hidden and disguised ones. There is already a system in some schools where those pupils taking school meals have to swipe a card. This logs what they have to eat and the Food Fascists of the Jamie Oliver type can then monitor if they are eating enjoyable food rather than the diarreah inducing vegetarian so-called "Healthy Options" . Soon I can see the following scenario. Schoolgirl Katy Jones selects a Burger and Chips for her Lunch, the supervisior refuses to give her that meal as the screen flags up that she had steak pie and mash already that week. Her options are reduced to salad. We already have intrusive adverts on the TV over here from our Nanny State Government telling us we eat too much salt, too much fat, should eat 5 portions of fruit and veg, etc etc.

It gets worse. If one has a cell phone, and most people do, polling signals are sent to it from transmitters and read back. Thus with three masts in the area a triangulation on the signal can be taken and the user's location fixed. Use your Credit Card or an ATM, then time and place and amount are logged and if you buy goods in a store your purchases as also recorded for posterity with perhaps your picture if there is CCTV Camera at the check out. So just think that you bought those pretty panties, a teddie, a nice bra and a full length slip all in rather a large size has been logged.

With modern communication we would not know if a phone is tapped. There is no need for the two wires attached with croc clips as in the old 1950s movies, all can be done from a PC these days. Likewise it is said that the Internet is monitored. A friend of mine worked for a company which had taken on some contract repair work for the Armed Forces. Although he is a civilian he had to obtain security clearance to enter Army Camps etc. He filled out the forms and was called for a short interview and was asked if he surfed the Internet. When he replied yes, the interviewer told him what websites he had visited for the last week. So if this is true and he wasn't dramatising the situation then all those visited to this and similar websites are known to the Powers that be. If you live in London and have an Oyster card then every journey on Public Transport that you take in the Capital is logged.

Even driving in the UK is not safe. The speed cameras here capture the Registration Plate of the car and within days a fixed penalty fine is posted to you together with penalty points on your licence which is itself chipped so may contain information of which we holders are unaware.

If you renew your vehicle tax by internet your MOT and Insurance details are logged on a database. I had to order some parts for my car, when I logged in I was asked for the Registration Number and immediatelly my name and address came up on the screen. Our Voters Roll here in the UK is computerised and can be bought by commercial bodies. Thus simply giving a postcode can identify a person. Even the vote is not a Secret Ballot. Every voter has a number on the Voters Roll. When they vote the Ballot Paper has a number as well on a counterfoil . The clerk at the Polling Station asks for the voters number and wrotes that on the counterfoil then issues the ballot. Later when the votes have been counted these ballot papers are retained and if the authorities wish they can match the voters numbers to the ballot paper number and discover how that person voted.

The latest snoop is that the DNA samples taken by the Police during an enquiry are to be retaied, even those from innocent people eliminated from the matter and there is a move to take DNA from all newborn children to be kept on a Police database.

Sadly the UK which fought WW2 to protect Freedom from a Police State has now turned into one.

Shadeauxmarie
01-23-2007, 06:46 AM
Is it 1984 yet?

Amanda Jane
01-23-2007, 07:21 AM
It was 1984 by 1973, just that no one noticed. All cell phones in the US have GPS in them. You can turn it off - but not for 911 calls, and most people don't go through each and every setting (much less read the manual) so they don't know. Rental cars have the equivelent of a black box, so the rental company can fine you for speeding in thier car. They too have GPS systems so they know where you went.

In any major US city you will be on camara for blocks and blocks, then there is another on on the bus. At home, no problem, with infrared we can see through walls.

Oh I can go on, but the rightwingnuts would accuse me of being paranoid and trying to help the terrorists - oh they hate our freedom, right? - and hey, if I don't have anything to hide, why should I worry in the first place. After all, they have my best interestests at heart.

A decade ago, in a long gone TG rag I wrote an article called "come out, come out, wherever you are" about how any illusion that you have a secret is just that, an illusion. So you might as well come out, get in thier face and enjoy it.

just cut and paste this

DCS1000 ECHELON

into google and start reading, and be afraid, be very afraid.

carolinewalker_2000
01-23-2007, 07:24 AM
Thanks Tracey; a really useful reminder.

Tracy_Victoria
01-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Sadly the UK which fought WW2 to protect Freedom from a Police State has now turned into one.

Helen I read all of your post, and I have to agree with everything you say, Ie all of that is true, and it's possible to do all of them things and more!

However we are far from being a police state, infact personally I would like to see more, and not less of this kind of thing and the only people that have to fear it, is people who are intent on doing things wrong in the first place!.

Both my grandfathers fought in WWII for there right to freedom, and that is just what I have, and so do you. I note your avitar shows you dressed as a female, in public or semi public place, if you where caught out dressed like this, you might be the butt of a few coppers jokes for a few nights, maybe even hours, however had the nazi marched in to britain, you probably would have been shot for it. in some places in the world, you still would be! (and if not by the law then by the lawess, who run riots, drugs and guns!)

ID CARD

Why fear them, what do they do, well for a start they will stop false claims within the DHSS, which loses hundreds of millions a year due to fraud. simple solution, issue everyone an ID card, and pay those that are intitle to it fairly. not pay the person that claims in one place, and then moves on, claiming to have no where to go, or live, and therefore he is given emergency assistance , more money money which could go to both my parent who are both retired, but for his greed. simple solution, no card, no pay. and believe me they are not going to fake them, to much rides on it, and biometric technology is growning fast, I know I work with it. so all fraud stopped. But it not just the DHSS! do you know how much of NHS funding is lost to people who have no rights to it, Millions again, millions of yours and my taxes, which I pay for me and my families care.

CCTV is a good thing, if it is used right, crime has dropped since the introduction of them, unfortunately the criminals have just moved to where there are no cameras. so please bring on more. every night I hear cars passing my house at 60+ MPH some of them even faster than that, yet I don't live in a country lane, or back on to a motorway, I live in a residencial area, with houses and a school and old peoples bungalows on it. this year already we have had one accident outside the house, two years ago it was a drunk woman who wrapped her RX5 arround a tree, she was going so fast she split the car in half, lucky she got out. the Limit is 30 MPH yet no one obeys it!!!

phone triangulation has only been admitted to, but it been possible for years. it was unfortunate that when holly and Jessica where murdered there phone had been turned off. however they knew where it had been and it was major evidence in the prosicution of there killer. every day this is now used to save lifes, the RAC, AA, and coastguard can all pinpoint a person because of there phone, and I personally when lost, cold out in a boat, or stuck in a snow drift would be happy for them to use my signal to zero in on me. There really not interested in where you bought your teddy or the fact that you bought it, the same as they are really not interested in your dressing!

As for car insurance and tax, what the hell is wrong with that. I pay mine, why should others not pay theirs. hopefully soon there will be a time when you just can't get away from it. do wrong you pay. why do I pay £160 a year tax, and £400+ a year insurance, for others not to. I've been hit by uninsured drivers, people have been killed by them, get them off the roads, normally these people just can't follow the rules the rest of us do, there a menace, and normally there cars are as unworthy to be on the road, as the people are. so as far as I'm concerned they can put a camera on every corner, and put average speed cameras all over the uk, because then, WE ALL HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RULES!

As for DNA, last year a person (rapist) was caught due to his families DNA. ie they checked the recorded and found a simular match, a match that could only come from a close family relative. that the good of this system and why everyones DNA should be recorded. crime would stop over night, your DNA could nail your brother or your sister if they commited any crime. however the better good is others with simular DNA could be found for medical reason, ie certain strains of DNA could be matched to find medical donners in the aid to save lifes.

Sorry Where ever you see a bad thing I see a good, and if it keeps people from stealing driving uninsured, comitting crimes, and fraud, bring it on. I HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR FROM IT, BECAUSE I LIVE TO THE LAW, I WORK HARD AND PAY MY TAXES, AND IF WE ALL DID THAT, THIS WORLD WOULD BE A FAR, FAR BETTER PLACE. WE DON'T ALL NEED TO TURN IN TO CHRISTIANs, WE JUST NEED TO ACT LIKE THEM, AND THINK OF OTHER INSTEAD OF OUR SELFS.

LASTLY

Schoolgirl Katy Jones selects a Burger and Chips for her Lunch, the supervisior refuses to give her that meal as the screen flags up that she had steak pie and mash already that week. Her options are reduced to salad. We already have intrusive adverts on the TV over here from our Nanny State Government telling us we eat too much salt, too much fat, should eat 5 portions of fruit and veg, etc etc.

Being one of the people in this world who is classed as obese, believe me it's not fun to live with. I'm sure my problem comes from uneducated parents, I'm a child of the sixties, my parents lived through the war, all my child hood years I was told not to waste my food, eat your dinner or there is no pudding, and so on I even had two full meals a day, one at school one at home (what damaged did that do me!). until you know the bad side of something I think your far from able to comment on it, yep I know your saying go on a diet lose wieght but it not that easy, specially if your body has been programmed like that over 40+ years. I eat just 3 meals a day, I don't drink pint after pint of booze, I don't eat sweets and crisps, and I do eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day. so why me, why am I overwieght, when I actually eat less than my 13 stone best friend who eats like a horse!

All these people are doing is looking after people best interest, reminding them of the pitfalls, it's up to them if they follow or not, but surely a gentle reminder of a good thing is a good idea. it might be said that walking arround in a park dress in womans clothes is not good for you, yet you and others still do it, but you know the down sides of doing so. As a child you don't,

I didn't, my kids don't, all we and they now want is what tastes the best to them. ie chips, burger, over salad and a light lunch.

PLEASE THINK! SOMETIMES THERE IS MORE TO THINGS THAT WHAT WE THINK THERE IS. WE ARE NOT A POLICE STATE, AND THANKFULLY FAR FROM IT!

Amanda Jane
01-23-2007, 08:10 AM
There is far too much there to comment on, but I will say that such attitudes scare the hell out of me. So lets just do one.

all these people are doing is looking after people best interest

Who are they to even know my best interest? Is not the absolute bedrock of a free society that we are free to determine that for ourselves, and ourselves only? Do freedom not mean that we make the decisions and live with the consequences? And who exactly is looking out for the best interests of those looking out for our best interests? Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Throughout history governments have proved time, after time, after time, that this is a very steep slope, that once begun is hard to stop. Absolute power corrupts after all.

Tracy_Victoria
01-23-2007, 08:39 AM
There is far too much there to comment on, but I will say that such attitudes scare the hell out of me. So lets just do one.

all these people are doing is looking after people best interest

Who are they to even know my best interest? Is not the absolute bedrock of a free society that we are free to determine that for ourselves, and ourselves only? Do freedom not mean that we make the decisions and live with the consequences? And who exactly is looking out for the best interests of those looking out for our best interests? Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Throughout history governments have proved time, after time, after time, that this is a very steep slope, that once begun is hard to stop. Absolute power corrupts after all.

I understand what your saying, but there is no such thing as free society. if you believe that I would ask you to take a trip to places like lagos, or other counties where walking across the street, make you a target for any redneck hillbilly that fancies a shot at you!

Even Lenin example comunisium, Must have leaders, and there must be followers, the plan only works if all the followers follow as one, and the leaders lead, and do not take advantage of there position, which as we know they all didn't. they all used the system for there own gain!

Sadly, it's a proven case, that when you can't get away with it, you don't try! how many people use mobile phones whilst driving, how many would continue to do so, if using the phone cut your engine, and you had to wait for the police to arrive reprogram your ingnition system and add 6 point to your licence!

the simple fact is, the human race is capable of thinking for itself, and sadly that all that most think of, if people thought more, and followed the law, we would not need telling, or forcing to do so. All these systems are good and bad, the point is, sadly, there going to happen as there is no way round it, and it the only way to stop those intent on doing wrong. sadly these people are not robin hood, they do it just for there own gain!

Amanda Jane
01-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Aparently all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others? Thanks, makes me love where I live all that much more.

No system that man designs can not be designed around. No amount of laws, nanny state behavior, or repression will work.

But this is the Western USA, and its not the East Coast, Mid-west, or South, and oh happy day for that.

I'm sorry that you feel you need the state to look after you. You are not alone in that for sure. But there are lots of other, like myself, who disagee. I did not need the state to get me from a 40 inch waist to a 31 in a year, I just needed to put down the fork, move away from the table and work out. Only I could have done that.

But I have to agree with Helen that we are close to a police state and moving in that direction more all the time. If you are not outraged and afraid, you're just not paying attention.

Tracy_Victoria
01-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Aparently all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others? Thanks, makes me love where I live all that much more.

No system that man designs can not be designed around. No amount of laws, nanny state behavior, or repression will work.

But this is the Western USA, and its not the East Coast, Mid-west, or South, and oh happy day for that.

I'm sorry that you feel you need the state to look after you. You are not alone in that for sure. But there are lots of other, like myself, who disagee. I did not need the state to get me from a 40 inch waist to a 31 in a year, I just needed to put down the fork, move away from the table and work out. Only I could have done that.

But I have to agree with Helen that we are close to a police state and moving in that direction more all the time. If you are not outraged and afraid, you're just not paying attention.

Amanda, your very lucky to live where you do, and believe me (both Raksha and I would swap places with you in a heart beat) but you live in a very different world from the one we live in in Britain! (and in some more populated places in this world) some are like the paradise you live in, sadly though there are others places both the same and worse than the UK

As a Child I walked the streets playing out, late at night, my parents knowing I was reasonably safe, playing football or games with my friends, now in the UK inner city areas parent rarely let the children out after dark, my world changed so quickly, are you so sure your's won't too!

I don't need the state to protect me, and thats never been mentioned by me as a need, so it seems foolish for you to asume that, but if that is the impression I've given you by my post, then sorry, that was not what this was all about. In 30 years I've seen the country I love change, as a Child we never broke things be cause we were bored, nor did we see the need to deface things, we accepted what we had as our lot, and we never stole or caused problems, but most of all we respected our elders.

I'm not saying it totally unsafe in the uk and therefore we need the state to protect us. but in some places there are no go areas, gangs of youths rule the streets after dark, crime and vandalism is there only interest, ie all there interested in is there self, respect is no longer there, and to be honest, it's very difficult to find it most places in the UK now.

Marshal law, night time curfews, are not the answer, teaching people respect is! the other day I when to pick up my son from school, something I rarely do, but as it was raining hard and he has a mile walk I went to get him. at the crossing after collecting him, we sat and waited for most to cross before moving off, as I did so, a girl ran out across my path from the side at an angle, Ie she was no where near the crossing when I moved. I braked and missed her, and said that what she had done was not a good Idea, no other words left her mouth, bar **** off. Respect, what respect, there is none here.

Every day in most urban places in the UK is a race to get to work, a race to finish, and a race to get home, A problem you probably rarely see. I get on a major road in the morning, I put my car in cruse control at 70MPH and people pass me as if I'm standing still, Why, There only going to work! Why rush! Probably because thats the way they have been programmed every one else does a hundred so why shouldn't they. It's a circle that all seem willing to join, but not me, dispite my car being capable of over 150MPH I just refuse to follow the crowd!

Sadly it seems the UK has been lost to an ill wind for now, your mid western town is a great place to live, believe me I'd swap with you any day. but your world is so, so different to mine (and Helen) yep there are some sleepy hollows in the UK where it remains unchanged, people say good morning and smile to stranges, but they become fewer and fewer each year.

Sadly my post was about my world, one in which I live in which is very different from yours, yesterday it was a muppet in a BMW driving whilst on the phone in the centre of the town, no one else matter bar him as his car and his call! Each day I could lose count of thing I see that are either illigal, or just disrepectful to others, from the car wars of drivers who just have to be infront, to the yobs from the pub who at 2am in the morning can't just quietly walk home. (As I did when I was there age!) probably sights you never see!

My post is about Respect, Respect for others, there property, and for the law. and in some places of the UK that just don't happen. and this is why we have these systems, as they are there to protect thoughs that don't do wrong, over those that do. because those that do, have no self respect for what they do, or what they do to others, all there interested in, is there own gain.

your world, is very very different to mine!

Helen MC
01-24-2007, 08:05 AM
I keep the Law , even when I disagree with it, but I fear Big Government and resent being treated like a child by it, even if its intentions are stated to be good

I am aged 53, I too am obese according to the charts etc. However of my own free will I quit smoking nearly 20 years ago, don't drink excessively and walk and cycle quite a bit. I don't eat 5 portions of fruit and veg -can't stand the stuff- and can't remember the last time I ate a salad. That is MY choice, and I resent do-gooders from the Government etc telling me not to.

You give away one of the reasons that the ID card Lobby use, saving false claims on the DSS. There are far more people entitled to those benefits THEY HAVE PAID FOR when they worked and who either are too worried to claim or are falsely denied them than those who fiddle the Dole or the Social and given the waste of Taxpayer's Money by this Government I really am not fussed.

If all this surveliance system is in place we MAY be ok with a "liberal" Government as at present but what would happen of some extremist one was voted in , (and remember the Nazis were ELECTED in Germany, they didn't seize control as did Lenin and the Bolsheviks). Say some hard Right Religious lot got in. Knowing the whereabouts of CDs might just suit their book as they might then unleash their stormtroopers against us "in the defence of Public Morals" of course.

No, like it or not we are becoming a Police State and I for one cannot remember any of these measures in the Election Manifestos from 1997 onwards? I too had relatives who founght in WW2 against State Tyrany and I don't think they would be too happy with the way things are now going in the UK with so much official snooping.

Tracy_Victoria
01-24-2007, 08:42 AM
I am aged 53, I too am obese according to the charts etc. However of my own free will I quit smoking nearly 20 years ago, don't drink excessively and walk and cycle quite a bit. I don't eat 5 portions of fruit and veg -can't stand the stuff- and can't remember the last time I ate a salad. That is MY choice, and I resent do-gooders from the Government etc telling me not to.

The goverment advise, not tell! they advise we do more exercise, they advice we don't smoke, they advise we eat more fresh fruit and veg.

Which in my case, (bar the smoking I've never smoked) is something I should have done long ago!

it's Advice, not a command, we all have the right to do as we please, and generally we tend to do so! As you and I both agree we do as we please!

You give away one of the reasons that the ID card Lobby use, saving false claims on the DSS. There are far more people entitled to those benefits THEY HAVE PAID FOR when they worked and who either are too worried to claim or are falsely denied them than those who fiddle the Dole or the Social and given the waste of Taxpayer's Money by this Government I really am not fussed.

All DHSS offices will provide an officer to assist you with any problems with a claim all people need to do is ask. if they choose not to, it is not the fault of the system but the fault of the people. for years the system worked for all, now it can not afford to do so, it needs ensure it gives to those that need, over every single wim, sad as it is, it just goes to show even in this situation, some people just can't help themselves!

If all this surveliance system is in place we
] be ok with a "liberal" Government as at present but what would happen of some extremist one was voted in , (and remember the Nazis were ELECTED in Germany, they didn't seize control as did Lenin and the Bolsheviks). Say some hard Right Religious lot got in. Knowing the whereabouts of CDs might just suit their book as they might then unleash their stormtroopers against us "in the defence of Public Morals" of course.

I would suggest you read your history books again, There is a major difference between a free election and one where your told who to vote for. if I remember rightly it was the jewish population that the Nazi party focused on, as "an enemy within" , Showing the general population of Germany these people had no rights to be there, dispite having lived there for generations. This voted the nazi party in to power, well that and the fact that they killed anyone in opposition! Though there was some clever campaigns where all were told they would live in peace in the new fatherland!
none of them realised that a better Germany in Hitlers eye, mean the extermination of the Jews (they voted for a better Germany, not war and genecide)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSDAP#Rise_to_power:_1925-1933

The SA under Röhm’s leadership soon became a major problem for the party. Many of the 700,000 members of this well-armed working-class militia took the "socialist" element of "national socialism" seriously, and soon began to demand that the Nazi regime broaden its attack from SPD and KPD activists and Jews to also include the capitalist system. In addition, Röhm and his associates saw the SA as the army of the new revolutionary Nazi state, replacing the old aristocratic officer corps. The army was still outside party control, and Hitler feared that it might stage a putsch if its leaders felt threatened with an SA takeover. The business community was also alarmed by the SA’s socialist rhetoric, with which, as noted earlier, Hitler had no sympathy.

In June 1934, therefore, Hitler, using the SS and Gestapo under Himmler’s command, staged a coup against the SA, having Röhm and about 700 others killed. This Night of the Long Knives broke the power of the SA, while greatly increasing the power of Himmler and the SS, who emerged as the real executive arm of the Nazi Party. The business community was reassured and largely reconciled to Nazi rule. The army leaders were so grateful that the Defence Minister, Werner von Blomberg, who was not a Nazi, on his own initiative had all army members swear a personal oath to Hitler as “führer” of the German state. These events marked a decisive turning point in the Nazi takeover of Germany. The borders between the party and the state became increasingly blurred, and Hitler’s personal will increasingly had the force of law, although the independence of the state bureaucracy was never completely eclipsed.

The effect of the purge of the SA was to redirect the energies of the Nazi Party away from social issues and towards racial enemies, namely the Jews, whose civil, economic and political rights were steadily restricted, culminating in the passage of the Nuremberg Laws of September 1935, which stripped them of their citizenship and banned marriage and sexual relations between Jews and "Aryans". After a lull in anti-Semitic agitation during 1936 and 1937 (partly because of the 1936 Olympic Games), the Nazis returned to the attack in November 1938, launching the pogrom known as Kristallnacht (the Night of Broken Glass), in which at least 100 Jews were killed, 30,000 arrested and sent to concentration camps, and thousands of Jewish homes, businesses, synagogues and community facilities were attacked and burned. This satisfied the party radicals for a while, but the regional party bosses remained a persistent lobby for more radical action against the Jews, until they were finally deported to their deaths in 1942 and 1943.

No, like it or not we are becoming a Police State and I for one cannot remember any of these measures in the Election Manifestos from 1997 onwards? I too had relatives who founght in WW2 against State Tyrany and I don't think they would be too happy with the way things are now going in the UK with so much official snooping.

Each to there own views, however the state must protect all, not one, otherwise we get what we got in Germany in the 1930's, Mob rule, racist hate campaigns, increased crime with the law looking the other way, and injustice, for those that needed it most!

janedoe311
01-24-2007, 03:41 PM
In the US the FBI bust into homes of innocent people all the time, hundreds a year, some people are killed! You never hear about them! Local police also will get warrants on the wrong people and people have made up stories about neighbors just to get them in trouble that the police acted on.

You may not have a problem with big brother because you stay within the law but it will not protect you.

By the way over 250 people in the US have been released from prison from DNA evidence, may on death row. Most were honest people in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So feel safe with GPS chips in your driver’s licenses or your arm. Or remote phone taps (done from the phone company relay station) or people blocks away listening to your conversations in your home with a laser and no microphone in your home. Not to mention warrantless searches and phone taps. Or your DNA on file at the FBI. Or looking and following at you from a satellite. Or taking you out with a laser fired from a satellite, the US has them! Suspected of being a terrorists? You can be held without charges, no proof and no evidence, this happened in Lodi California.

So good luck. This is one of the reasons I live in a redwood forest and way from people.

Helen MC
01-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Whenever I hear, see or read of those pompous and patronising Government Adverts "advising me" what to eat, not eat, do or not do, my reaction is to utter a most unladylike "Go F*** yourself!" and do the exact opposite. I want these people off my back and out of my face!

I thank you for your history lesson about the Nazis. They were still elected when elections in the Weimar Republic were free and Von Papen thought he could do a deal by bringing Hitler and some other Nazi Deputies into the Cabinet. German Capitalists also backed this as after all it would keep the Socialists out not to mention "deal with" the Communists. All were soon to realise just what they had let themselves in for after the staged Reichstag Fire and the resulting emergency powers.

Now I would accept that we have to cede some liberties for security. I have no objection to being scanned at an airport security before boarding a plane, and well remember Lockerbie where innocent people on the ground died as well as those on the aircraft, as well of course 9/11 and 7/7. However, there has to be a balance between security and freedom and I feel that we, in the UK , are in danger of tilting it too much in the direction of the State having intimate knowledge of and interfereing too much in the lives of its Law Abiding Citizens. At our next UK General Election I will vote for a party or candidate which will roll back the State, I would doubt very much that it would be the same one as Tracy Victoria will be supporting.

Angela E.
01-24-2007, 07:20 PM
BUT!!!! don`t make the mistake of thinking that ANY political party or group has your best interests in mind.People old enough to remember the 60`s and 70`s have forgotten the number one lesson they should have learned-ALL politicians,in fact anyone who hungers for power and arrogantly assumes they know what`s best for us, sucks!These are all rotten people from Osama to Hillary.What`s the answer? Wish I knew. It`s certainly going to get worse before it gets better,and that`s an optimistic assesment.-Angela.:angry: :angry: :angry: :dom:

PatyR
01-24-2007, 07:59 PM
CCTV are all over the place, but that doesn't bother me in this moment, since I only do CDing at home. The question is how do you feel when you leave the safety of a closed place? if you are willing to face some weird looks in the street, then why bother for some security guys?

Amy Hepker
01-24-2007, 08:08 PM
I am glad someone has said this as there are camaras all over the world now. A lot of people are taping stuff all the time. If you don't want to get caught don't do it out side. You never know who is watching. There are satilite views from outer space that are as clear as day. They are watching, they can see. Do they really care who knows.

Helen MC
01-25-2007, 05:48 AM
Ok, the classic answer is that "If you aren't doing anything wrong, why worry?" At first view that is perfectly true.

However, we humans like our privacy , some more than others to be sure, but all of us have activities which whilst in no way illegal we wish to keep to ourselves or trusted and close friends or associates at most.

I feel that the increase in electronic monitoring and the intrusion of the State into the private life of the individual is going too far. Today in the UK we have this farrago of a Government wanting to appoint some high profile media star to "Champion" their fight against Childhood Obesity. This from the same Government who have made schools sell of Playing Fields to make up the shortfall in funds and who through other agencies discourage kids from playing in the school yard lest they be hurt in a fall and the school is sued. Sitting all day at a PC both at home and in school no doubt adds to Obesity as much as diet. This "Champion" will get the same "F*** off!" response from me as I refered to above.

The duties of a Government as I see them are to protect the Citizen and their property from the attacks of the enemy without, thus the need for Armed Forces, and from the felon within, hence Police Forces, Courts and Prisons. They also have a duty of care to the weak and vulnerable against the powerful and I personally feel the State should provide a basic health service as we have in the UK and basic Education, both free at point of use , for all its citizens. Should they wish to and be able to use Private Medicine or Private Schooling then that is their choice and I fully support that. Alas since WW2 the State and its little brother Local Government has bolted on it itself all sorts of regulatory powers and set up many bodies to enforce same. The UK must be the most over regulated country outside of North Korea or some former Communist Satelite states of the old USSR such as he now defunct and unlamented East Germany.

In the early 1950s Winston Churchill won back power on the Slogan "Set the People Free" . Alas what now passes for the Conservative Party under Cameron would be every bit as likely to continue the control freak policies of Blair and his "New Labour" party .

Finally, despite the much vaunted CCTV cameras, muggings and sexual assaults still occur on the streets of our big towns and cities. I for one do not feel any safer for the presence of all the electronic monitoring we now have.

Sally24
01-25-2007, 09:33 PM
I frequently use parking lots to stop and get changed. Even though the minivan has tinted windows, I also put covers on each of the windows inside so that nothing shows in or out. It is not illegal to change in your car. It may be considered public nudity if you can be seen by the public. So use some discretion!

Sally