PDA

View Full Version : Does crossdressing change your personality?

janey
01-20-2007, 11:52 AM
I was wondering if any of you felt this way, that as you become more accepting of yourself as a tgirl that your personality changes too? I know it's common for many of us to undergo a personality change just from dressing up as I certainly do but won't go into detail. But over a period of years does anyone think it's influenced them more and more to become a different person and how?

Kate Simmons
01-20-2007, 11:56 AM
No, it's a part of my overall personality and enhances it.:happy:

Kristi1948
01-20-2007, 12:04 PM
No, but I have found that age has influenced me alot over the last 10 years or so :heehee:

Marla S
01-20-2007, 12:10 PM
I tend to say it uncovers the personality.
A main impact on my way of thinking certainly has the thinking about crossdressing, but not the CDing itself. This revealed some insights "normal men" or "normal women" hardly will get and understand.

Sejd
01-20-2007, 12:12 PM
It's like the Persian poet Jelalludhin Rumi says: Go to the root of the root of yourself. Being a transgender is totally me, it's like Erica Rich says, not a change, it is a return.
hugs :hugs:
Sejd

darling_felicity
01-20-2007, 04:16 PM
CDing hasn't changed my personality, it has simply revealed to me who I am. I am a girl who was given a boy's body to live in. Most of the time the learned boy things control this person. But occasionally Felicity takes over. I can be walking to work in boy clothes and Felicity will start wagging her hips. She's a very happy girl.

luv

Madeleine
01-20-2007, 04:42 PM
I have been on the telephone to my daughter while fully dressed en femme in wig, make up, heels, etc. and she said that I even sounded different and with a changed personality. It must be so.

Madeleine xx

susie evans
01-20-2007, 05:09 PM
nope i don't think so i'am still the same outgoing person that i have allways been never met a stranger in my life how ever i'am dressed :hugs: :hugs:

susie

Amy Hepker
01-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Oh Yea! I am a kinder Gentler person and more easy going. I really don't like my Male self as I am selfcentered. As a Female I like to share more and it has come over to my Male side.

Lisa Maren
01-20-2007, 05:46 PM
No, it doesn't change my personality. It simply sets free the rest of it. :D

Hugs,
Lisa

Victoria Anne
01-20-2007, 06:07 PM
I would have to say no however I do have to tell you that since I have excepted that I am transgender it is as though I have been reborn.I feel I have become who I was meant to be and growing with each new day.

Adrienne Heels
01-20-2007, 06:19 PM
I think since I have started dressing, my guy personality has taken on more feminine tones...more smiles and friendly chatting to people, much more awareness of how women are appearing.

michellebesweet
01-20-2007, 06:59 PM
I feel a lot more emotional about things, and I feel better about myself. I think that I have more confidence in myself, because I am being what I want to be.

Casey Morgan
01-20-2007, 09:09 PM
My personality has pretty much always been the same, but now instead of being a problem it's become something good that I'm really learning to see the value of and cherish. I'm showing the real me to people more these days, which makes me a happier person. Two years ago I would never have used the hug smiley. Oh, I wanted to, but there was no way in H-E-double-hockey-sticks that I was going to.

Karren H
01-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Why would my personality change.....I am who I am no matter what clothes I wear!!!

Karren

marie354
01-20-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm not sure there is really a change over all. When I'm dressed my SO says I'm more relaxed, open and at ease. We don't talk about dresses or makup when Sam is out, only when I'm Marie.
I'm composed of so many complex parts that all combine into the whole.
Sam the tough guy, mechanicaly inclined, a Father, a lover, proud to be.
Marie is soft, shy, easy going, but still has the parental instincts as well.
All in all I think I'm a well rounded person. I love who I am. Isn't that what "normal" is all about?
:hugs:

natasha
01-20-2007, 11:52 PM
I cant say that it changes my personality, but I will say it sure does make me feel more comfortable. I just feel so "right" when I am dressed.

karrena2069
01-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Yes, I must say it has. I walk different than before, friends tell me that " You sit like a woman" yes at times I find my self being Karren when Im in guy mode I even had the wife ask me about my voise at times she know about Karren but I don't go showing it around "having kids and all". To me the change feels right so yes your self can change even without dressing in a skirt relax and go with the flow you'll feel better if you do.

Daintre
01-21-2007, 09:50 AM
I would like to say that dressing does not change my personality, but that would be false. I become a more kinder gentler person, even when partially dressed. In male mode I ran a lumber yard, and always needed to be the gruff strong leader, that seemed to change when I did office work and dressed more fem.

Billie1
01-21-2007, 11:41 AM
I've found that when en femme mode, I'm much more laid-back, understanding and tolerant of others. In work mode,there's a lot of priority on time management and volume. Taking my time to get girly gives me an oppurtunity to slow down and smell the roses. (Or gardenia, lilac, and so on) :D

Holly
01-21-2007, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't say cross dressing changes my personality; it completes it. It was all those years I had repressed that part of me that was fake. At least that's how I see it. When I try to suppress the femme part of me, those around me don't like it... and I'm not too happy with myself! Without Holly, I'm incomplete.

Barb Valentine
01-21-2007, 12:03 PM
I don't think so
I am who I am no matter what I'm wearing

Christine Davis
01-21-2007, 01:05 PM
I think it has enhanced the way I am. I used to CD sporadically, but now I do it more so and have been out en femme with a friend in OH. I feel that I am able to be more understanding and caring than I used to be (with or without being en femme). Or maybe it has just been there all along, but getting in touch with my feminine side has brought them out.