PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh! This could be trouble!

Lisa Maren
01-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Is there a pale face smilie for when something happens that drains the color in your face? Discount Dance (www.discountdance.com) just sent their latest catalog to my parents home, where I live. They were sending it to my PMB (same thing as a PO Box but at a UPS Store). I found the catalog sitting on the kitchen counter on top of a stack of other smiliar items.

I have not been approached by either of my parents (at least not yet). I'm not sure what to do. I took the catalog back upstairs to my room so that at least nobody else would see it.

I think I remember Discount Dance maybe posting something on their site saying they would be doing that and I guess I totally forgot all about it.

I want to send an email to Discount Dance and ask them to stop sending the catalog to my home address but what if they refuse?

Hugs,
Lisa

trannie T
01-20-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm on an incredible number of mailing lists. In the same delivery I've received mail from the ACLU and the Republican party or pieces from the NRA and Handgun Control Inc.
Don't worry about it, don't make excuses, if you get asked about the catalog just say you don't know why they are sending you catalogs. Or you can circle the panties on page 17 and mention that your birthday is coming up.

Karren H
01-20-2007, 09:51 PM
We get DD cataloges all the time....my daughter dances.... Tell them your thinking of taking up ballett!!!

:D

Karren

susie evans
01-20-2007, 09:56 PM
i wouldn't worry about it we some times get ten catalogs a day we just pile them up on the counter in the kitchen and some times we go through them most of the time on my way through i just throw them away :o

susie

MistyCD
01-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Hi, Just tell them that companies do mass mailings to generate business, especially if you already receive other catalogs in the mail.

Just to throw them off the trail, why not log onto a few sites and click on request catalogs, ie camping, fishing, electronics, shoes, clothing, etc.

Hugs misty:2c:

Joy Carter
01-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Or you can circle the panties on page 17 and mention that your birthday is coming up.

:lol2: :lol: :lol2: :lol: :lol2: :lol:

Lisa Maren
01-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Trannie T, thanks for making me crack up!

Actually, my sister did ballet for years and years (I think she still does off and on) and my parents might think it was for her (if they didn't check the name it was addressed to). Of course, my sister lives elsewhere with her boyfriend and has not been here today, so they might notice the catalog disappeared and they'd know my sister didn't snag it. lol

The main problem is that I did tell my mother five years ago that I was a "crossdresser" and possibly transgendered (I definitely remember using that word and not transsexual). Seven months after that I told her I was quitting CDing and I did purge for two and half years -- for the last time!

So, I'm worried that she might put two and two together.

Hugs,
Lisa

Staci
01-20-2007, 11:30 PM
You are one lucky girl to have the dance catalog. There are so many beautiful items in there. I have always wanted a classic tutu. I think you should not say anything because if they thought anything about it and did not want you to see it or have it they would have thrown it away before you saw it. Enjoy your catalog.

Lisa Maren
01-21-2007, 12:03 AM
The news appears to be good. :phew: :rolleyes: My mother asked me while we were having dinner why I was receiving the dance catalog and all I said was "never underestimate the power of marketers." Then my dad chimed in and said he'd been receiving a bunch of garbage.

My mother would never have brought that up over dinner if she thought there was anything to it; she would instead have asked me alone.

This time doesn't count as a lie since I never denied anything, technically, but one of these days I'm going to have to 'fess up. The best way for us to get through this together is for me to avoid deceit. Not saying anything for a while is one thing, but if there are any more direct questions, etc... I think it will probably be best to tell them. At least I have a "tentative" idea of my gender identity (that I'm female)... which is... why I posed here, I guess. lol

Hugs,
Lisa

Wenda
01-21-2007, 12:30 AM
The news appears to be good. :phew: :rolleyes: My mother asked me while we were having dinner why I was receiving the dance catalog and all I said was "never underestimate the power of marketers." Then my dad chimed in and said he'd been receiving a bunch of garbage.

My mother would never have brought that up over dinner if she thought there was anything to it; she would instead have asked me alone.

This time doesn't count as a lie since I never denied anything, technically, but one of these days I'm going to have to 'fess up. The best way for us to get through this together is for me to avoid deceit. Not saying anything for a while is one thing, but if there are any more direct questions, etc... I think it will probably be best to tell them. At least I have a "tentative" idea of my gender identity (that I'm female)... which is... why I posed here, I guess. lol

Hugs,
Lisa
I believe you are overthinking this. Just focus on who you are, and be that person, without unnecessarily disrupting other peoples lives, like your parents. Sounds to me like you are doing ok. :happy:

Stephenie S
01-21-2007, 12:43 AM
DearLisa,

I agree with Wenda on this. You are WAY over obsessing about this. I can't for the life of me see any relationship between CDing and getting a dance catalog in the mail. We get absolutely TONS of catalogs every week. All you have to do is order one thing from almost any online company and you are suddenly on every mailing list in the country.

I do agree, however, that you will have to talk to your parents at some point. That or move out and get your own place. Best to include your parents in your life though. They do love you. Why not now?

Lovies,
Steph

Amanda Jane
01-21-2007, 01:10 AM
according to your profile you are 35 years old, what's mom got to do with it?

kerrianna
01-21-2007, 01:32 AM
I think you let us know why you were worried about the catalogue when you mentioned you had told your mom 5 yrs ago that you were not only a cd but a tg. Then you told her you were quiting. I don't know why you told her that, but I infer that it was important for you to tell her that. So whatever that issue was (whether it was just you worrying on her behalf, or something she actually said...) it probably hasn't gone away.

So what you were telling us was that you felt you got caught in the lie and that your mom was onto it. My guess is she was/is. Mom's are pretty hard to fool. She might think differently about it now if she thinks you were able to quit/purge and stay away from it. Or maybe not. You'll only find out by talking to her. Only you know if that's a good idea or not - we don't know what kind of relationship you have with her.

I've never told my mom. I think she knows though. It's just none of her business unless I bring it up.

And 35 or not - a mom is mom. :hugs:

Lisa Maren
01-21-2007, 01:42 AM
My mother knows something is up. She was probing me (about a month or so back), asking "are you sure everything's allright" and "are you sure you're not keeping any secrets".

So, that's what mom's got to do with it. I don't get any other catalogs in the mail at all.

Still, it's looking like she's not worried about it, so nor shall I be.

It is true that I overthink things and also that I really do need to get over my anxieties.

The good news is that I can visualize, in my head anyway, being my girly self in public and not feeling at all worried or self-conscious. They say the successful ones visualize the success from the beginning, so... i'll get there one of these days!

As for why I told her I was quitting it was because I didn't even understand myself at the time and I actually thought it was a good idea. Ha!

It's a perfect example of that beloved saying, "It seemed like a good idea at the time."

Thanks for all of your replies!

Hugs,
Lisa

Rachel Morley
01-21-2007, 02:02 AM
I took a look at the link you posted for the Discount Dance website, gosh.... those camisole dresses are lovely :happy:

Randee
01-21-2007, 02:46 AM
You could tell them you requested one of their catalogs a long time a go for a costume you were making.A lot of things there are unisex.

Or heck if you really feel like you are being watched, they have a male stuff in there. Order yourself a dancebelt or a unitard or something. Then you can keep getting the catalog! What's the big deal with that?

I get swim catalogs all the time that have both men's suits and women's suits. Just cause I stop to enjoy a shapely babe in a onepiece suit doesn't give me away that I would like to wear the suit too. I order goggles, suits and everything else there and they keep sending the catalogs. Enjoy. Relax.