PDA

View Full Version : My first pedicure!

GinaVegas
01-21-2007, 02:56 AM
I just had my first pedicure at the salon today, and it was great. My wife (who only recently found out about my dressing in women's clothes back in November) had actually made the appointment for me with the woman that does her nails. I didn't have any nail polish put on them, but I'm still happy that I went. :heehee:

Gina

Jenn S.
01-21-2007, 04:52 AM
Good for you, Gina. It's hard to believe your nails can really look that good, right? I finally started doing my own, but the hardest part is keeping bubbles out of the polish.:Angry3:

Phyliss
01-21-2007, 05:04 AM
Aaahhh pedicures, just gotta love them. About a year and a half ago I had my first one. I was "hooked" instantly. Haven't touched my toes since then except to wash them. I go about every six or seven weeks to the same lady. Only this past July did I finally start to get them colored. Before that it was just a clear coat. now, it's whatever color I feel like having.
Just had one last week. Irridescent fuschia with a cute white heart on each big toe. ready for Valentine Day.
BTW the lady I see kinda figured "it" out on her own and now when I go it's even more fun to be able to have some nice "girl talk" .

You can see the results in a picture I posted at Rita's PJ party in the picture forum.

KrissyTN
01-21-2007, 06:10 AM
I had mine done in a french pedicure two weeks ago and can't stop staring at them since!! This was my first pedicure and the girl who did them could not have been sweeter!!

We enjoyed some girl talk after she confirmed that I REALLY wanted a french. I replied yes and she asked me what my wife thought about it and we discussed how my wife and I both absolutely LOVE to play with makeup. Her reply was that more men should wear it and get pedicures.

I couldn't agree more!!

Krissy

EmilyM
01-21-2007, 07:24 AM
I have a pedicure appointment on Tuesday, I am already thinking what color to get. Presently, I have on OPI Red, i am thinking about a french. I dont know yet I love OPI colors.

heelme
01-21-2007, 09:01 AM
I got my first one about a month and a half ago and now about every two or three weeks. Why so often? I'm fortunate enough to have a wonderful wife that is also a cosmetologist. We have a great time doing a full pedicure on each other. And, we get to change color more often :)

Cherry Lynn
01-21-2007, 09:48 AM
I have a pedicure appointment on Tuesday, I am already thinking what color to get. Presently, I have on OPI Red, i am thinking about a french. I dont know yet I love OPI colors.

I love the OPI colors also, wearing " A rose at dawn- broke by noon" now.

bgirl
01-21-2007, 09:50 AM
I went in drab and no polish last time. My toes have been painted red for some time now . Next time I am going in femme.

Karen Francis
01-21-2007, 10:07 AM
A new nail spa opened recently near me. Young vietnamese girl and her boyfriend are making a go of the great American dream. The place was empty on a Sunday afternoon, I went in(first time ever in a nail salon) what i call feminized drab and asked her to do a manicure, as I was going out later in drag.
She could not have been more gracious. She explained all parts of the procedure, explained other services etc. I have gone back 3 times in the last 2 months, including a pedicure, when I was full dressed as Karen, with another customer in the shop.
Just like in the other posts, we have become kindred spirits. She has had numerous CD customers in the 7 years she has been doing this, one of the nail techs at her other shop was a CD who came to work dressed as female.
She is trying to sell me on some acrylic nails and other services. I am completely comfortable in the place dressed either way. She even gave me a handful of business cards to hand out at out monthly TG meeting and encouraged the business from our community.
I know it really is about the money, I am a good tipper, and we get b'sed in all aspects in our lives, from buying a car to how are you feeling today. If my local salon nail technician leads me on a little so what. I am sure she did it to the not so attractive gg in the next chair too. And she seems to enjoy a customer who really enjoys her skills and services.

Kristen Marie
01-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Had my first one last fall and it was great! I was in guy mode and did not know you had to leave the toe nails uncovered for at least an hour. Got to walk to my car from the salon, across a street and through a large municpal parking lot with my blue blazer and dockers on, and with powder blue flip flops and tissues wedged between my toes with bright red toenails. In hindsight, it was awesome!! I will repeat!!!!

noname
01-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Like others I had my first peticure last year. Just loved it, relaxing and refreashing. I must admit I feel like I found a gold mine. This asian place offered color to me right from the get go. The second time they offered a design, though I declined. But I recently got my toes one color and tips another color, and I just loved it. So very very cool. BUT, what I like most about the place is the way I'm treated. I've always been treated with respect like any other customer. I also make a point to tip well.

susananklet
01-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Nice look! Pretty heels too! Susan

susie evans
01-21-2007, 02:17 PM
i love going to a salon i get facial/pedicure/manicure all in the same visit makes the day start out sooooo much better
<althoughit took thirty years to get the nerve to do it>my wife convienced me that she see's a lot of men there and she's right :heehee: :heehee:

susie

SherriePall
01-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Just love getting them. Have had one en femme. The rest drab. So relaxing.
Always get them polished too. Mostly pink, but had red once and french style another.

JoAnnDallas
01-22-2007, 09:49 AM
soon after I moved to Dallas in 2005, one og my grand neices was getting married and I was in the wedding party. We all went to my sister's nail salon for manicures the day before the wedding. This was my first time in a nail salon. A few weeks later, I went again with my sister to get a manicure and Tina the nail tech asked if I would like a pedicure. I was not sure at first, then my sister said "A lot of men get pedicures", so I got my first pedicure. I was hooked at that point. The next time I went by myself and Tina asked if I would like my toes painted. I could not believe she asked me, but I got enough courage to say "YES". So she selected a color for me, a nice bright RED. She did the pedicure and toe polish first, so that the polish would have time to dry while she did my nails. A few months later, I broke four nails at one time. I went with my sister for just a manicure and she asked Tina if there was something she could do about my nails, since I always have had bad nails. So Tina gave me my first set of acrylic nails. Since then my normal salon visit consist of a Pedicure, toe nail polish, manicure, fill or replacement, and eyebrow wax. Two hours of pure bliss. The nice thing about all of it, is the total acceptance I get from the staff and customers. I have never had a bad experience at her salon. I have other GG customers comment on how nice my polished toes looked. One even asked if she could borrow the polish I was getting because it look so good on my toes. I suppect that there have been some GG customers that may have not liked that I got my toes painted, but were polite enough not to say anthing. But all in all, it has been a great experience and I look forward the these Saturday mornings.

GinaVegas
01-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Sounds like a great experience JoAnn!

JoAnnDallas
01-22-2007, 01:33 PM
GinaVegas.......I once had this GG that was sitting next to me not only compliment me on my toes and polish, but continued on telling me that her marcho type husband would never do what I was doing and so on and so on. All of a sudden , I relized that we were just talking away like two women having a normal conversation about husbands and how they are and how they react and do this and that. Made my day. I have had GG customers help me pick out nail polish again no negitive response. They only response that I have ever gotten that was remotely negitive was this one GG who was getting her nails done and looked over just as Tina was putting on the pink flip-flop thinge and started putting tissue between my toes. Her eyes got big when she saw this and even bigger when Tina started appling polish. She watch Tina do the whole process. She even watched me as I got my nails done, but never said a word. Tony, Tina's husband who was working on this GG's hands, looked at her then at me and chucked. It was funny to me too, but I kept a strieght face. LOL

sissystephanie
01-22-2007, 11:32 PM
I have been going to my Nail Salon for several years now. I get both an manicure and a pedicure every two weeks. The Vietnamese lady who, with her husband, owns the Salon always does my manicure herself. One of the other ladies does the pedicure.

Since I don't pass, I have never gone there fully enfemme. However, I have gone there numerous times wearing a bra (with forms) under a definitely feminine top and a skort along with with my open toe sandals. Always get smiles from the other customers and the nail techs!!:love: Vivian, the owner, even gave me some pretty polish, 2 colors, for a Christmas present. Of course, I tip extremely well so I guess she figured she owed me. BTW, I also love OPI and have about 30 or 40 colors of my own. Also have several other brands, since when I see a color I like I usually buy it.:heehee: A girl has to look good, doesn't she?

Sissy

More Girl then man

GinaVegas
01-23-2007, 02:02 AM
.....She watch Tina do the whole process. She even watched me as I got my nails done, but never said a word. Tony, Tina's husband who was working on this GG's hands, looked at her then at me and chucked. It was funny to me too, but I kept a strieght face. LOL

Geez, Joann, don't people know that it's rude to stare!

gold_toenails
01-25-2007, 10:30 PM
GinaVegas.......I had to work up to pedi's because it takes a long time for the polish to dry. Everytime the door opens, i pray it's not someone i know. people (gg) also are kinda nosy, women love to engage me in convo. but i guess that could be a sign of acceptance.;)