PDA

View Full Version : therpy

j_hewish
01-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Whilst crossdressing from the age of 8, at the age of 13 i was caught by my parents.
After the shock- horror factor kicked in i was sent to talk to a therpist to try and cure my obsession of crossdressing. After serveral visits, he told my parents i would grow out of it and also told them to accept it as part of me. After a discussiin with my parents i was allowed to wear underwear as long as they couldnt see it. After 30 years, i ahve not grown out of it but grown into it in a more detailed way. Do any of you other gurls have a similar story to me ....
:love: jayme

ChristyS
01-21-2007, 05:11 PM
I chose to go see a therapist when I was in my early 20's...I didn't know if my desire to dress could be "cured". The therapist was of no help in helping me understand who I was and how to deal with my dressing. I'm now in my 50's and have seen three other therapist over the years. I beleive their is no "cure", nor do I really want to be cured. Instead I've come to understand that I am who I am and better get used to it. That's not to say I totally embrace my need to dress. I still feel anxious and guilty and scared of being caught, but I deal, because I know I will continue to dress for the rest of my life.

susie evans
01-21-2007, 05:43 PM
i don't think thearpy will change the way we feel about
crossdressing but i do think we can learn more about who we are and be able to accept our selfs for that and have a fuller life and more enjoyment :2c:

susie

ColleenCD
01-21-2007, 05:49 PM
After I was caught a few times with clothes, Mom and Dad decided I need to see a Psych, who doubtfully could spell transgendered, to find out the most important question...was I gay? After about ten sessions he came to the conclusion I was not gay. (So glad for the help:rolleyes: )Twenty six years of marraige and one child later, I find out I'm still a crossdresser:eek: This forum is better therapy than years on the couch, a lot cheaper too!:D

Colleen

Jenn S.
01-21-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm a typical product of the Y-generation, I suppose. Been in and out of "therapy" since I was in 4th grade and can now name pretty much any pill I see. What has it changed? Nothing. I was never sent for CDing, but I can agree with the others that it's hard to find someone that will listen and not just prescribe you some anti-depressants.

trannie T
01-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Therapy seem to me to be like chiropractic, it takes twenty visits to do nothing except empty your wallet. I doubt if there is a "cure" for crossdressing, guess I'll just have to keep enjoying getting dressed.

Amy Hepker
01-21-2007, 09:41 PM
No, I don't have a simular story, but to me it sounds like at least you had a good head doctor and they didn't try to fix something that wasn't messed up in the first place. The fact that he talked they into letting you do it anyway tells me that he did know more about it then he let on. He knew darn well that you wouldn't grow out of it and that it would only get stronger. He saved you.

tommi
01-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Been to therapy as it was the only way wife would allow me to stay in the house she has tollerated tommi only in the closet since.