PDA

View Full Version : Would you let your children crossdress?

Jesse69
01-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Well, if I had children, I would discourage them from crossdressing - saying it leads to a life of unpopularity, discrimination (jobs and social), and that people hate you for it. I would mainly do it for fear that God would judge me in corrupting my children if I let them crossdress. But the problem is, why should I deny them when I still do it myself? When I was young I often wished I could buy my grade school catholic schoolgirl's uniform and my High School's cheerleading outfits! But my parents of course would have objected and they did confiscate my first skirt I bought back then.

How do you crossdressers out there handle your children? Would you buy an outfit for them?

Cherry Lynn
01-21-2007, 05:44 PM
My reaction would depend on the age at which the dressing was discovered. If I thought they were old enough to understand I would point out all the pitfalls and let them make the decision and if he or she still wanted to CD I would buy them clothes they desired.

ChristyS
01-21-2007, 05:49 PM
I would never wish the need to crossdress on anyone, especially my children. That said, if that is who they and what they need to, of course I'd give them my love and approval. I think something as deep seated as tv/ts/cd desires, it isn't something a parent has any control over.

MJ
01-21-2007, 05:53 PM
well if cross dressing is in there blood there is not much i can do. there going to do it anyway , so i would have to say yes i would let them cross dress after i had a good talk with them you know the good the bad the ugly , after that they could dress ..

Sweet Jane
01-21-2007, 05:54 PM
I would hope that my children don't CD because I know the heartache it has caused and is causing me. I don't want them to feel like I do I suppose. However, my children don't know that I'm a CD and I suppose they would be too embarrassed to talk to me about it if they were. I certainly am too embarrassed to talk to them about this part of me.

lowlavalentine
01-21-2007, 05:57 PM
I happen to have 3 boys and to my knowledge none of them xdress. But if it's OK for me, it's OK for them and I wouldn't have any objection. We would have to discuss just what clothes they could borrow though.

Karren H
01-21-2007, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't promote it for sure... but again I wouldn't ostracize them either...

Karren

Amanda Jane
01-21-2007, 05:58 PM
I did my best to allow my children to devlop into who they were to be. God never entered into the question, as my children and myself are scientists and humanists. One of them wanted a cabbage patch doll one year. I got it for him. That is as close as it came.

My problem with my kids was not that they wanted to crossdress, but they wanted $150 Air Jordans.

Samantha B L
01-21-2007, 06:16 PM
I don't have children.But i do have a nephew that I'm very close to and I have several neices and nephews that I email and write to all the time. I guess that if any of them were or are into dressing I'd probably pass over it in silence and pretend like I didn't know about it if they chose to tell me. It'd be low to try to interfere and stop them from doing it.I mean I'd be livid with disgust if anybody tried to bodily interfere with my cd'ing.If this was when they were in their 20's or their 30's I'd let them be open with me about it but I think I'd be a little nervous about that.It'd be something new.

Daintre
01-21-2007, 06:17 PM
I would never wish the need to crossdress on anyone, especially my children. That said, if that is who they and what they need to, of course I'd give them my love and approval. I think something as deep seated as tv/ts/cd desires, it isn't something a parent has any control over.

That is my feelings also. I do have a son who crossdresses, this is something I learned later in his life. He, like so many of us has a need to crossdress. I support him with all my heart. Being a crossdresser is a lonely road to take, I wish I had family support, I certainly will give my son all my support.

TxKimberly
01-21-2007, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Having said that, I obviously know from experience that it is not something you can talk someone out of, so if that came to pass I would try and deal with it.
Kim

Jena11
01-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Well, that is a good question, It is the biggest reason that I chose to not have children. I was afraid that they would go through what I have. I am still not at the place I want to be in life. I know I would not have been able to be a good role model. I do beleive that if I have any involvement with children I would be there for them and do anything I could to help them. Jena

ElleCD
01-21-2007, 06:33 PM
If I had a son who wanted to crosdress I would tell him that there is alot of pain in being different but alot more pain in denying who you are. I would encourage him to be proud of who he is and to be open about this with the people he meets because this will give him the best chance of connecting with people who either share or are sympathetic to his needs and this will outweigh the abuse and hostility that he would also undoubtedly receive. In short I would encourage him to be everything I am not.

Marla S
01-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Thought about it for a while (have no kids though).

If there are signs of TG I would try to prevent that he/she becomes trapped in the one or other gender role, or runs after some "ideals", but rather try to support him/her to become a strong person that is abel to find his/her own way.
And I never would try to talk her/him out of wearing certain clothes.

Amanda Jane
01-21-2007, 06:42 PM
as anyone who has rasied kids will tell you - there are worse things.

S. Lisa Smith
01-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Amanda Jane is so right. I have been to 3 funerals of children in the last year... one auto death, one drinking/auto death and one drug overdose. All upper middle class families. Much worse things than CDing could happen. I'm of the camp that believes that a true crossdresser doesn't choose to CD, it just happens. That being said, I would be supportive (I hope!) :2c:

Amy Hepker
01-21-2007, 07:40 PM
I sell a lot of Female clothing on Ebay, and if my son is interested in trying something on, I would let him. He has not approched me as of yet, but if he does, I will tell him all about it. I would never discourage it, only incourage it if he wants too. Just let it happen naturally. I would never push kim into it. I have thought about Petticoat Punishment for him as I think it would really change his attitude, but would never do it.

linnea
01-21-2007, 07:41 PM
I, too, wouldn't promote it, but if they had the curiosity or the inclination to do it (or both), I would let them. Since I don't think that it's sinful or in any other way wrong, I would not have a moral or ethical problem with it. I would try to help them understand the problems they would encounter in society if they chose to crossdress.
Actually, my sons are all grown and living independently, so for me it is a moot point. As far as I know, none of them is a crossdresser. If they were, I would be as supportive of them as I would hope they would be of me (if they knew about my crossdressing).
Sometimes I try to imagine what it would have been like if my mother had been openly aware of my crossdressing when I was still living at home. I think about how wonderful it would have been if I had been able to dress and hang out at home wearing my bra and panties, skirt and sweater, etc. without wondering if she would find out. I can picture myself doing my chores around the house in girl's shorts and a top instead of my boy jeans and a T-shirt--I think that it would have been wonderful! If it had been appealing to one or both of my sons, I think that it would have been a wonderful gift to them to have been supportive of it.
It's interesting to me that when it comes to crossdressing, I think only of my sons. My daughter (who now knows a little about my crossdressing) wouldn't have had a problem in the first place. She often wore jeans and a T-shirt (boy's clothes) and never gave that a second thought--nor did anyone else. To me, it's another example of the double standard our society has about "gender-presentation."
Now if we're talking about SRS, I would respond with support but a lot of help from professionals who could give much better and more complete information and advice than I could.
Those are my thoughts.

I wouldn't promote it for sure... but again I wouldn't ostracize them either...

Karren

BOOTLOVINGGIRL
01-21-2007, 07:43 PM
As has already been stated, I wouldn't wish it upon anyone(don't have any children). However, if I had a child who I found crossdressed I certainly be supportive and try to give them as much info as possible about it.

eleventhdr
01-21-2007, 07:44 PM
That is still the problem which we must somehow elimenate and we stil have the power to do so beginning right here right now with us!

So wy not even encourage it if a boy or girl wants to dress as they would please then by all mean's never never tell them it is wrong that is the real problem.

I would let them dress as they would want to in fem,ale or male clothing as they would chosse and nothing i would say would be negative in this regard !

So be it!

Suzy!

DAVIDA
01-21-2007, 08:00 PM
A few years back, one of my grandsons got into trouble when his ex-stepmother found a stash of her panties in his room. She and her BF came over all upset over this. I took him into another room and asked him what was the deal. He said that he was selling them at school! I told him that if they were for him to wear, that he did not have to steal them, we would buy him some of his own! He just said "No Poppa!"
I asked him out of curiosity how much panties were going for! He said $2 for clean and $3 for used!:shocked: I asked him if he knew how much panties cost. I then told him that they can be $20!
Just goes to show that you can never tell!
DAVIDA

tommi
01-21-2007, 10:52 PM
I would not encourage it either but I would defintely give him the support I
wish I had. We can only raise them the best we can and from there they
take over.

susie evans
01-21-2007, 11:11 PM
you don't have a choice they will do what they want wether you like it are not it is very sincetive issue i have a twentysix year old daughter and some times i don't no what planet she's on........patients ?

susie

Mary Morgan
01-21-2007, 11:25 PM
My parents would tell you that a child (me) cannot be kept from doing something that is a part of their nature. I'd be the last person to tell one of my children how to live their life. As long as they are not harming themselves or anyone else, they are free to be the people they want to be. Personally, I believe that the world would be a better place if we were all more sensitive and understanding toward others. I think Cds/TG can be good role models for that.

Bethanygirl
01-21-2007, 11:27 PM
I have always dressed in front of my five sons, one is married and adult, two are teenagers, one is ten and the other six. None have ever shown any inclination to xdress, but if one did, I know what I would do. I would have a good gender phsycologist go over his gender issues, and verify his needs and the levels of them, then I would help him find himself in any way neccessary, with whatever social, medical and fashion help he needed. It can be a blessing if identified and dealt with early. He can have a happy, healthy life as whatever he, or she needs to be in life. My wife and I would see to it. If you don't know by now, I am here to tell you, love is acceptance. I love my children, they are good kids, no matter how they percieve themselves.

Kelsy
01-21-2007, 11:28 PM
my children have no Idea that I CD. I think it would be devastating to them.
I brought my boys up to be men both in the military and my daughter loves her dad as the man she has always known. But if any one of my kids were to acually be a CDer then I would accept them. I makes no difference to me. then and only then upon hearing that news would I consider coming out to them.
they are grown and there is no reason to change their veiw of me.

Jennifer:happy:

Amanda Jane
01-21-2007, 11:31 PM
my kids knew, it did not stop them from being normal, playing sports, getting on the honor role in college, having GFs and all that. Kids are a lot more flexable then we think they are. So they think their parents are a bit weird. Don't all kids think that?

amanda barber
01-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Well, if I had children, I would discourage them from crossdressing - saying it leads to a life of unpopularity, discrimination (jobs and social), and that people hate you for it.

Hopefully any children you would have would be the casual type crossdresser that just like the cloths a bit. Anything deeper and you would have children that later in life would be prone to personality disorders, (HUGE axis 2), self hate, self medication, severe depression and addictions.

I would mainly do it for fear that God would judge me in corrupting my children if I let them crossdress.

Sounds like you would be doing it for your self interest, not theirs.

Kristen Kelly
01-22-2007, 12:13 AM
As parents we mold the lives of out children by what we say and do. We can show them what is right and wrong, guide them, dry their tears, hold their hands, but that’s all we can do, as children grow to be adults they make their own choices, as we have made our own. My parents do not know, my mother caught me when I was 8 and told me not to do it again, and that’s as far as it went, but mothers have a sixth sense and I wouldn’t discount her having Ideas that it never stopped there, but she never said anything to anyone that I know of.

Kimberley
01-22-2007, 12:14 AM
I would neither encourage nor discourage it in ANY child. I would let them decide for themself.

What I would do:
-Protect them from physical and emotional harm
-Educate them about social attitudes
-Assist them in making informed choices
-Ensure they do not mix sexuality and gender definition

If my child showed signs of being TS:
-I would do all of the above plus ensure that s/he received the best of gender counselling and medical treatment until they were old enough to decide whether transition was for them.

As a parent, this is my view of protecting my child and that is my first responsibility. My personal feelings and beliefs are secondary to the needs of the child; always.

:hugs:
Kimberley

Lady Katherine
01-22-2007, 12:52 AM
Most of us here are giving the same answers. No, we wouldn't encourage crossdressing in our children, but we would be understanding, providing them the best counseling affordable and giving them our blessing if they were so inclined. That's because we have lived through it, trying to be 'men,' when we wanted to be girls or women, or at least that we wanted to dress as girls or women.

Sadly, most parents have not faced the same challenges, and the initial reaction is one of shock and dismay and a desire to punish or to severly change the child's tendencies.

I am 77 years old, have wonderd about my gender since about age 11. My teen years were pretty tortuous, but worked hard to be 'manly.' I am father of five and raised two grandchildren; none ever knew of my crossdressing, to my knowledge. If any had shown an interest, I'd have done as most of you would, try to assist them to making the correct choices.

I often wonder what would have happened if I had been born 50 years later, when more was known about CDing, and my parents would have supported me. My inclinations would have been to transition, I think. Instead, I worked at being a father and a success in my work; we have a close family, which I cherish.

Maybe my desires to be female were not as strong as others here, though I feel they are so real. Nonetheless, I have no regrets at having lived as a male, although I think I should have been otherwise. Do I make sense?

bobbijo
01-22-2007, 04:57 AM
I have two sons and one daughter, they didn't know that I am a crossdresser until after my wife caught both sons dressing. We then had very long talk with them They still dress and we still love them. One son is now married and his wife knows and is supportive also.

Helen MC
01-22-2007, 05:13 AM
It would to me be the ultimate in hypocrisy to cross-dress oneself yet deny this to one's children whether an M to F son or F to M daughter.

I deliberately did not father children as I could see for a long time that this conflict could arise. To be honest I dodn't have a lot of time for children anyway, having had enough childhood of my own to do me, so I have never regretted this decision. It would have been difficult for me had I begat sons as I have never been the Butch Macho type and have no interest in any competitive sports, rough and tumble games, camping, hunting etc, etc, etc. I would NOT have been an ideal male role model for them .

However let me go with the idea of this thread. If a son of mine had wanted to CD I would have explained all the potential pit-falls , how he could be mocked and even physically assaulted. If his mother had no problems I would also have none about him dressing as a Girl at home and of course he could wear panties 24/7 as I do, obviously wearing a plain and non-suss pair when he did PE or Gym or even if he could tolerate it, having to wear male underpants on such occasions as I had reluctantly to do when a teenager and still doing Sports etc at school. As to going out dressed that could be fraught with all sorts of difficulties and I would explain that to him. I don't go out dressed externally en-femme anyway and didn't do so when I was married (we had no kids, she didn't want to be a mother).

If I had a daughter who was F to M, it would probaly be easier as in the real world a woman can wear male clothing outdoors with little or no comment unlike the situation for a M to F male. If she wished she could wear jeans, trousers, male jackets etc, and as underwear Y-Fronts, Boxer Shorts or whatever. It might be a bit more awkward in society if she wanted to "pack" or have facial hair etc.

carolinewalker_2000
01-22-2007, 05:14 AM
So many of the replies to this thread give thoughtful replies, and I must agree with most of what has been said.

I think my bottom line would have to be that it would be hypocritical to try and stop a child from cross-dressing when I know I have been unable to stop myself.

Samantha Lough
01-22-2007, 08:01 AM
If it was as simple as would or would not then I would say no but from my own knowledge and what I have found out well about me it is not just a compulsion but a genetic need (xxy chromosone) and well if my son had the need and or the want I woul dmake sure he did not go thru the hell I and the rest of us have gone thru and i woul dhelp him out.:2c:

TiffanyTgirl
01-22-2007, 09:50 AM
I will not let my son know. I don't want to influence him one way or another. If he discovers cd'ing on his own, then I would be supportive and help him to see all the pros and cons. It really is a lonely road to be on.

Bluebird GG
01-22-2007, 10:15 AM
in the end it is up to them, especially when 18 but as for kids, i would try to voice my opinion but in the end they are individuals whatever age they are, age holds no barriers, if they feel passionate about it, go for it, u only live once!:D

Rhonda Jean
01-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Unfortunately, sometimes being a parent = being a hypocrite. My wife knows I crossddress. My kids do not. I would be crushed if they found out. Even more crushed if they crossdressed themselves. I'm already hypocritical. I have long hair, always have, yet I "strongly discourage" my boys from having long hair. I see long hair as kind of a "gateway drug" to crossdressing. Was for me. I'm a light smoker. My kids don't know,and, again, I'd be crushed if they smoked. Am I the only one? How many of you drink? Do you allow your kids to? Haven't we all done things that we'd be horrified if our kids did it. Again, being a parent = being a hypocrite.

My mother had a problem with the hypocrital aspect of parenting. She was a smoker. When she caught me smoking when I was very young, she felt like she couldn't tell me not to as long as she was doing it. She continued to smoke. So did I. I'd probably be better off if she'd been hypocritical.

Robin Leigh
01-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Many of the posts in this thread so far have made me sad. We obviously have a long way to go. I believe it will be a lot easier for the up & coming generation(s) of CDers, though.

If you don't know by now, I am here to tell you, love is acceptance. I love my children, they are good kids, no matter how they percieve themselves.

Thanks for this wonderful post, Bethany!

Will you adopt me? I don't eat much, and I promise to keep my room tidy. :D :love:

:hugs:

Robin

PS. You can't influence someone into CDing if they weren't born with some kind of TG propensities. The story of David Reimer illustrates this quite clearly. :(

Tammietoo
01-22-2007, 10:41 AM
So many good responses. Its just that my parents didn't know I dressed and probably wouldn't have been very accepting, but the fact of the matter is that it wouldn't have mattered what they said--crossdressing is part of me and its not something that I could be "talked out of." My own life experiences would have me wish for my child not to crossdress, but they are who they are. I think lots of talking, some conseling and boundaries would be in order if this was to come to light. As pointed out, it would be the ultimate hypocracy to tell them they couldn't, when truthfully I would stop dressing if only I could, but I simply can't.

Marianna Julianna
01-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Yes, I would allow it, I'm not sure I would encourage my son to crossdress but if it turned out he was that way then I wouldn't say no way! I would be in a perfect position of course to explain all the pain and suffering which it puts you through, but then hopefully with support he would find it easier to come to terms with than I did and not have all those painful years trying to be someone he's not. As far as I'm concerned it would be the same if he turned out to be homosexual, he can only be what he is, that's all anyone can be and he's the most precious thing in my life and always will be. There are certain things, of course, that I would discourage him from, alcohol, drugs, smoking, and do, others things too. I don't think he will though, he's such a happy well adjusted boy, unlike how I was at his age. He seems more than happy just being himself, bless him.

Lucille
01-22-2007, 01:05 PM
I would do as most of the others have said.

Besides, what really impressed me of this topic is exactly that almost everyone has given the same answer. We do it, but we would prefer those we love to stay away from it: because it can be difficult, it can give problems - maybe it isn't worth it? That's what struck me more: of course here there are some people that could not accept themselves yet, but I know many others do - still everybody seems to think this is an hard life.. that makes me wonder: are we really happy with what we have, and what we are?

RobertaFermina
01-22-2007, 01:24 PM
I am happy with being a Cross-Dresser.

I am not entirely happy with some of the costs of being a Cross-Dresser.

When I run up against people judging and acting from ignorance, and ignorance reinforced as faux-wisdom, I have to work around it, avoid it, or take the heat.

I don't have a problem with CrossDressing....just with the people who do.

So I would tell my child what to expect.

If the child were just dabbling and expirementing...I suspect this might be a sobering thought. If the child were acting from identity, I am sure it wouldn't make any difference at all.

In any case, I would be supportive.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

notquitegirl
01-22-2007, 02:25 PM
If my son came to me and told me this is who he is, I would encourage him to find as much courage within himself as there was to live out his crossdressing in the way best for him, which is something that most of us have yet to do. With some luck, and a different attitude out there, he would have better success than I have to date.

janedoe311
01-22-2007, 03:03 PM
They are only interested in girl things. In any case it is OK for girls to crossdress.

tommi
01-22-2007, 03:16 PM
My 13yo son knows I dress, and he lives with me. (His mothers boyfriend told him that I dress) I do not dress when he is with me. My family and his mother are dead scared that he will also want dress. They do know I do not encourage it.

If he had the desire to dress, it really depends on his age, I would firstly try to talk him out of it as it can be a very lonley road to take as I have found out. Give hiom all the facts, good and bad.

If his mother got any indication that he was dressing I'm sure I would end up back in family court. THe family court also knows I dress but I won custody, for a nimber of reasons and I assured them (the court) I would not encorage it or dress in his presence.

Once he is at an age of say over 16yo and he had the burning desire and it would not go away, I would help him. I know in my case it started at a much earler age.

I hope it never happens.

What you are doing takes a ton of courage and sacrifice I applaud you.:hugs:

Kate Simmons
01-22-2007, 03:18 PM
The closest thing my two sons ever did to CDing was go to The Rocky Horror Picture Show in drag. A lot of kids do that though, so I wasn't too concerned. Other than that, they are all around American men with no interest in dressing.:happy:

JulieC
01-22-2007, 05:37 PM
How do you crossdressers out there handle your children? Would you buy an outfit for them?

I have all girls. But, should any of them find they are TG in one form or another, I'll be supportive.

I don't think discouraging things is a way forward. I've heard far too many tales of young men getting "the lecture" from parents after their stash was discovered (myself included). All I've ever heard of it doing is cutting off one aspect of the relationship child-parent, and keeping things even more hidden and secretive. I think this is unhealthy.

No, if I had a boy who wanted to dress up en femme I'd teach him how to manage it appropriately so as to cause only as much exposure to himself as he wanted...after I'd instructed him about how society handles this and given him substantial resources to learn to understand this aspect of himself. Same goes for having a girl who wanted to crossdress.

Yes, I'd be quite happy to buy things for them. If my boy wanted to spend his weekends in a dress, hose, and heels it'd be fine with me so long as he goes along with agreed upon rules; same goes for any other activity. Same goes if a girl of mine wanted to wear boy clothes around on weekends.

I just don't believe in repression as a healthy means to an end. I spent years upon years attempting to repress this aspect of myself to no positive effect. In fact, I now regret so many years missed of dressing more fully en femme than I did then; I've found I *really* enjoy wearing heels and only recently discovered that :(

Michelia
01-26-2007, 01:25 AM
My two wonderful kids spend about 50% of the time with their daddy crossdressed. It just has not affected them in any way but positively. Maybe all this has to do with the fact that I never crossdressed as a young person. I never suffered all the insults and carried the burdens most of you have. My perspective is so different. Maybe I am lucky indeed. Maybe I am totally nuts.
On the flip side, I am so jealous of many of you because I never enjoyed this gift while I was young. But my experience crossdressing has been nothing short of wonderful in every way except that I cannot practice it in public and I am too old to do certain things I would like. It has made me so much closer to my loved ones. It has also inspired all of us to be ourselves. It has taught us to communicate better.
So how could I ever even attempt to censure one of my kids when I know all I already know? I would never add to their suffering. Neither of them show any signs of inheriting this "gift" - but if they did, I would encourage them in every way.

Michelia

Sally2005
01-26-2007, 01:51 AM
I would probably try to remain neutral. It is difficult to explain, but when you are exploring you don't really welcome someone who tells you what you will discover and how to get there. So I would let them explore and answer questions if they ask but otherwise they need to experience it themselves. Same goes for other activities, as long as they are not causing or heading for injury.

Raychel
01-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Being that I crossdress, I feel that it would be very dificult to discourage them from dressing. I sure would have some advise for them. But I would also know that if they have the need to crossdress, that there is probably nothing I am going to do to stop it. But in the end they would still know that I was thier friend and father.

Marcie Sexton
01-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Being 18 now I think he's old enough to make a decision about his own body...I would however suggest< stongly > that he also see a professional...

After all a parent is suppose to support their children...right or wrong...support when they arrpear on the right track, guidance when they need it to get back on track...

...YOU CAN TAKE A HORSE TO WATER, BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE HIM DRINK...BUT YOU CAN HOLD HIS HEAD UNDER THE WATER UNTIL HE DROWNS:heehee:

I kidding girls, really

Jill
01-26-2007, 02:17 PM
I haven't read any of the replies and so I might be redundant here. I have only read the title, "would you let your kids crossdress?" My question is, what on earth makes you think that you could stop them? I'm a little sensitive in this area because I make a living out of working with troubled teenagers and basically I make a living from parents who think they can tell their kids what to do and make their decisions for them which results in an acting out kid and the parents don't know what went wront. Ultimately, your kids can do or not do what they want. To think that you can actually control them is an absolute joke to me. No doubt all of our parents would have stopped us if they could, but how effective was that? How many of us were discouraged not to do it and do it anyway? How many of our parents strictly prohibited it and where are we now? I'm dressed right now and my dad is upstairs. He would flip out!

I think the real question is, would you still love and support your child if they crossdressed? Of course we would, but we don't even need to ask that question.

Ashleigh GG
01-26-2007, 03:35 PM
I've always told my son that he can do whatever he wants in this life and I will support him - "As long as it's not illegal!" :heehee:
He now recites that sentence back to me when I tell him it's OK to do something. Loving him as much as I do - I would hate for him to go through any pain or shame (as my husband has) in having such urges, but I would want him to understand that I am ok with it if he wants to do it. It is as much of your personality as wanting a certain hair color. It can't be explained - only done. We don't practice a God-based religion, so to speak, but we all have flaws. I embrace my son no matter what road he chooses.

Nikki A.
01-26-2007, 07:18 PM
We're on this site because we either CD or are a supportive (?) partner or one who is trying to understand. Many of us also began as children and I often read how we wished that we had understanding parents.
While I understand the difficulties that come along with CDing. I would lend all the support and help in helping my child understand and be able to deal with their issues. I'm there for them just as I hope that they are there for me.

janet p
01-26-2007, 10:15 PM
I had a step-daughter no son so I was never faced with that problem. My oldest nephew(godson) about a year ago came out to me he is gay,I came out to him and we've talked about it manytimes since. So I would talk to my son or daughter and let them know the ups and downs of crossdressing.:love: