PDA

View Full Version : I Came Out to Another Friend Today

CarolDonna
01-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Maybe for some of you this won't seem like such a big deal, but to me it was.

Aside from various psychologists, until three weeks ago the only people I'd personally told about my CDing were my ex-wife (around a dozen years ago, when we still were married. We've been divorced for three years now, partially because of my CDing), a woman I dated two years ago, and my best female friend (a woman I dated some 30 years ago). Around three weeks ago I told another very good female friend about it, and today over lunch I told another very good female friend.

It's a HUGE load off my shoulders. I can't explain how strange it felt to not share this with the people in my life who are closest to me. The counseling I've been going through for the past four months really helped me to get to this point. I'm beginning to give up the shame I felt. I'm not completely there yet, but I'm feeling better about myself all the time.

There are many more people who know about me being a CD than I've told, because my ex-wife went and blabbed it to everyone when we got divorced. But at least now the people I care about most (except for my family) know about it from my own lips.

By the way, both of the two ladies I recently told about it were completely supportive of me. If anything, our friendships are closer than ever before.

RobertaFermina
01-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Well done, and so courageous CarolDonna !
I love how shame dissolves in the space of honesty and intimacy.
I'm so glad you have such close and compassionate friendships !

Roberta :rose:

CarolDonna
01-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks!

She was a bit jealous to find out that I know how to walk in five-inch heels. Maybe I'll tutor her some time. :happy:

Rachel Signy
01-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Eek! My heel limit is 3 1/2 - I hate stilts!
I'm glad to hear you're communicating with your friends. Most of my friends know and I have a couple of super-supportive GG friends. I can't imagine how I'd live otherwise.

trannie T
01-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Congratulations! I'm still peeking out of the closet door, I admire your courage, maybe someday I will be able to do the same. Thank you for being an inspiration for the rest of us.

janet p
01-22-2007, 10:52 PM
About three weeks ago my friend(who is in a wheelchair) called saying he needed some help,I was dressed as usual on the weekend threw on a sweat shirt and went over to his apartment forgetting my nails were polished and I had on lipstick when I got there and realised I still had these on as I helped him do what he needed help with I said we'll talk about this later and that I was a crossdresser, he said so what it doesn't make any difference to him you are what you are.:love: