PDA

View Full Version : CD in public for the first time?

TammyGurl
01-22-2007, 11:40 PM
I was thinking of going out to a TG-friendly gay club
To meet the local community and make some friends

although I never dressed up in public or have any close friends that dress up
should i go alone anyway?

what are some of the things i need to look out for?

I'm kind of paranoid about dressed up before going in
so I think it would be better to dress up inside the change room

Megan_Girl
01-22-2007, 11:49 PM
BE SAFE!!
Go in drab the first time. Chat with the bartender, the bouncers, learn about the scene and get the lay of the land. Is one night better than another (Some clubs have a drag night), Parking, where's the bathroom, the exits, etc.. You may even meet a friend or two who will join you next time when you go En Femme.
XXX
Megan

TammyGurl
01-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Thx for the quick reply megan :happy:
that's an awesome idea, haha why didn't i think of that? :heehee:

Erinwoodrose, i've heard stories of straight man going into gay club hahahah

oh yea i've never been to a gay club before, wondering what's that like :heehee:

Tasha Meredith
01-23-2007, 12:39 AM
I'm sort of going through the same thing. Despite being naturally shy, I've become really curious about drag shows lately. Female illusionists seem to have a lot of fun out there.

Amanda Jane
01-23-2007, 01:33 AM
Its not a bad idea to scout out a place. Never walk into anyplace you don't know how your are going to walk out of after all.

I've never had any problem in any gay club. Really, when was the last time you heard about someone getting attacked by a bunch of gay men? They may not meet you like some long lost friend, but that's cool.

Tip you bartender. Tip them well, they are fonts of information.

Be nice, be polite, be friendly. Take a huge helping of your sense of humor along also.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.

The only thing I've ever found that is the least bit intimadating is that if there are other girls is how good they look next to me.