PDA

View Full Version : More than ‘commercial courtesy’

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-23-2007, 02:17 AM
Granted smarter retailers aren't going to make a big deal out of a crossdressed customer -- after a sale is a sale -- but I had a couple experiences yesterday that went above and beyond simple "commercial courtesy."

Among others, I needed to pick up a leather jacket I had taken in by the good folks at Fog City Leather (http://www.fogcityleather.com/) (who didn't bat an eye at my differing gender from one visit to another), which gave me a chance to check out a plus-size boutique, Go Figure, (http://www.gofiguresf.com/) which one of the women at my nail salon recommended. Normally, I would've preferred to go en femme, but with this damn cold I just didn't have the energy to get dressed.

I was upfront about the fact that I was looking for stuff for me. The older saleswoman said, "I don't mean to pry but" -- "Ask away," I replied. I ended up showing them my photos and having a nice Trans 101 discussion with the two saleswomen working that day, who seemed genuinely interested in learning more about crossdressers and trans issues. At the end of it, one of the saleswomen showed me their album of customer photos and said if I wanted to give them a photo of me wearing their clothes I'd be able to get a discount on my next purchase. Very sweet of them.

noname
01-23-2007, 02:28 AM
Nice to be treated with equality isn't it?

GinaVegas
01-23-2007, 02:30 AM
You know....it always pays to give good customer service! As money is money regardless of who is buying something......especially if it's a place where the employees get commissions.

susie evans
01-23-2007, 03:50 PM
i have never had any problems out shopping for womens clothes in drab or enfemme over the years being a repeat customer to some they even remember my name

susie

Marla S
01-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Beautiful story. Nice saleswoman.
I am sure this made your day; and rightly so.:thumbsup:

Karren H
01-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Soo cool!! You just live In the right area!!

Show someone your phote enfemme around here and it will be on the Five O Clock news...

"And today......... the Southside was besieged by bands of roving transvestites causing mischief and mahem". Photos at 11:00

Lucky girl!!

Love Karren

Jodi
01-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Granted smarter retailers aren't going to make a big deal out of a crossdressed customer -- after a sale is a sale -- but I had a couple experiences yesterday that went above and beyond simple "commercial courtesy."

Among others, I needed to pick up a leather jacket I had taken in by the good folks at Fog City Leather (http://www.fogcityleather.com/) (who didn't bat an eye at my differing gender from one visit to another), which gave me a chance to check out a plus-size boutique, Go Figure, (http://www.gofiguresf.com/) which one of the women at my nail salon recommended. Normally, I would've preferred to go en femme, but with this damn cold I just didn't have the energy to get dressed.

I was upfront about the fact that I was looking for stuff for me. The older saleswoman said, "I don't mean to pry but" -- "Ask away," I replied. I ended up showing them my photos and having a nice Trans 101 discussion with the two saleswomen working that day, who seemed genuinely interested in learning more about crossdressers and trans issues. At the end of it, one of the saleswomen showed me their album of customer photos and said if I wanted to give them a photo of me wearing their clothes I'd be able to get a discount on my next purchase. Very sweet of them.

To a smart store, the sale is the ultimate goal. To sell you must gain then maintain customers. That is one smart store. I'll bet they told you to tell your friends about their store.

Jodi

Kristen Marie
01-23-2007, 08:46 PM
I have several stores I shop at in guy mode on a regular basis. On occassion I have brought in a picture or two to show them and I have always received great responses.

noname
01-24-2007, 12:31 AM
reminds me, I was with my wife and she was buying something and I got to talking to the SA's about guy jeans, and they commented how boring they were and why guys don't wear styled up their jeans ( I'm sure guys would wear them if they sold them ) I took the liberty to tell them I waited for a few years for the stretch flare jeans for guys, and since they weren't going to sell them, I just buy womens jeans. They said, "Why not? girls have been doing that for years."

linnea
01-24-2007, 01:11 AM
Nice story--your experience is really encouraging. Thank you for sharing it.