PDA

View Full Version : I Had Surgery!

Lex
01-23-2007, 04:51 AM
Well, I had my surgery, and it's awesome!
The dressing comes off tomorrow and I'll actually see what I look like then, which will be red and purple and yellow and very dark, sore nipples.
It doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would, which is good, I'm just grumpy from wearing this stupid dressing for so long because it's uncomfortable and it smells. :P
It's totally awesome, because even thought I'm not completely flat, I look flat, and thus more like a guy. I've got a whole bunch of old shirts that I can wear now because my boobs grew out of them and now they're gone. And I'm wearing a crop top. I haven't been able to wear one of those since I was twelve. And I look more like a guy! A very young guy though, with my unbroken voice and my total lack of facial hair. I met a girl from the net to sell a CD rack I painted, (before the surgery) and she thought I was a guy, but was suprised that I'm 18. So life'll probably be like that from now on. :D
And Andrew came and visited me in the hospital which rocked, it was totally awesome.
I can't wait to be healed so I can go run and swim and frolic without that big heavy weight in my chest weighing me down. Do you know how much they took out of me? Two kilos. One from each side. (Two kilos is 4.4lbs by the way.) Madness! I didn't know my chest held that much! And now it doesn't! :D
And also, I can see my belly now! And I have shoulders and a waist! I found loads of stuff that my chest used to hide, it's cool.
Anyhoo, bottom line is, me with an almost flat chest, which is small enough that I don't need to bind and can still pass, and I am totally happy. :D

Felix
01-23-2007, 04:55 AM
Congrats Lex I'm sooooooo pleased for ya. Ya one lucky dude xx Felix :hugs:

Adam
01-23-2007, 06:06 AM
wow thats sooooooooooo cool :D

Abraxas
01-23-2007, 06:22 AM
Awesome, bro! Congrats! :thumbsup:

Marla S
01-23-2007, 06:35 AM
Congrats.
Hope healing up goes fast and well (fingers crossed)

John
01-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Good for you! Congrats, you sound extatick :D

Marcie Sexton
01-23-2007, 07:19 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Good for you...I hope everything goes well for you...:Party2:

pocoyo
01-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Dude that is so excellent.
I am really, really happy for you :hugs:
Fantastic! :D :thumbsup:

Tamara Croft
01-23-2007, 08:28 AM
Wow, that's fantastic news :dance: Can I ask, what size were they to weigh so much??

Sheila
01-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Lex

happy for you

Jess

Iniquity Blonde GG
01-23-2007, 08:47 AM
glad your safe & well after op. well done :happy:

bi_weird
01-23-2007, 09:47 AM
DUUUUUUDE CONGRATULATIONS! That's so exciting that you're smaller now! Dang that's a lot that they took out...now THERE's an interesting weight loss program. But yes, YaYaY for you!

Di
01-23-2007, 09:50 AM
Very exciting !!!!!!! Hope you aren't in too much pain :hugs: ....Thats great news :D

Evert
01-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Congrats Lex! :D Must be really cool to have a flat chest! :D

dancinginthedark
01-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Cool beans on the recent surgery Lex. Enjoy wearing all your shirts again and the feeling of a manly chest.

Yippie on no more binding. :cheer: :bighug: Hey don't forget swelling can take weeks to go down completely so you'll be even flatter then.

dancin

Kieron Andrew
01-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Hey Lex what size are your binders cos one of the guys might find a use for them lol.......just wondering like as you dont need them anymore lol

But seriously im glad everything went well for you

Shelly Preston
01-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Congratulations Lex

I am very happy for you

Tamera
01-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Hope you have a good recovery. I've had 3 operations myself. Don't do to much to soon even though you may want to. What made you get the operation in the first place? Sorry if I haven't been following up on your previous posts on this.

Kimberley
01-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Lex, I remember you telling me you were having this done in Jan. (but no date) and I am so pleased that everything went so well.

Unless I read it wrong, it kind of sounds like you are looking forward to being able to bounce back and forth gender wise, and again, that is too is very cool. To me you will still be the same guy I have always known since joining.

Just take care of yourself, dont push things and get better.

:hugs:
Kimberley

Dasein9
01-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Congratulations! I'm glad it went well and you're happy with the way you look.

jsoto81
01-23-2007, 08:02 PM
dude, you're so lucky. I'm sure it feels so much better. When you can you'll have to post some pictures. Congrats again mate.

MJ
01-23-2007, 08:39 PM
good for you lex, you must have been big for 4.4 pounds each that means i have to lose another 10 pounds , for when i get my in plants i will be the right weight :D , i hope you heal soon so you can enjoy your new freedom
hugs mj

GACountrygal
01-23-2007, 09:31 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CONGRATS!!!!!! Glad it all went well, and hope the healing process goes fast!!!!!
:hugs:

Nicole

Holly
01-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Lex, thanks for sharing your excitement with us. Follow your doctors advice and heal quickly!

Mom

Wendi {LI NY}
01-23-2007, 11:21 PM
congrats lex, enjoy the new you ! hugs,Wendi:love:

Lex
01-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks everyone, and yeah, it is AWESOME.

Tamara, I was bigger than an F cup before hand, and am now very small, and the doctor did say they will get smaller as they are swollen right now. :D

I had the dressing off today and was really pleased, they don't look as bad as I thought they'd be. I thought they'd be red and purple with scabby nipples, but they're just kinda yellow, with dark stitches that will dissolve, so I'm told. I own real togs now, an actual one piece. I can't remember the last time I had one, lol. But yeah, they're healing really well. Unfortunately, my right nipple can't feel anything anymore (hope it's okay for me to be talking about my nipples, if it weirds anyone out, I don't mind going back and deleting this bit. :P) but my left one is actually more sensitive than it was before surgery. Weird. :P

And Keiron, I actually had no binders, because I was just too big to bind convincingly. I tried once with a corset and some bandages once, and it didn't look too bad, but it didn't look too good either. So I just didn't bind, and still passed a lot anyway, I am SKILLED at hiding them, let me know if you want my secrets. :D

I am really pleased so far, I expected way more pain, way uglier bruises and stuff like that. So far, it's all good. :D :D :D

privateperks
01-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Wow Lex. That's fantastic, I'm so happy for you man.

:D

Dasein9
01-24-2007, 09:48 AM
So I just didn't bind, and still passed a lot anyway, I am SKILLED at hiding them, let me know if you want my secrets. :D

Yes, please! A new thread, perhaps... ?

Lex
01-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Okey dokey, new thread coming right up. :)

durden
01-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Dude, congrats. I think that's great. I can't wait until I can get the surgery myself. I hope you don't mind, but I've got a few questions. Like how long were you under? Did you have to stay in the hospital/outpatient area for a while? & they say it usually takes about a month to heal & get back to lifting things, right?

Kieron Andrew
01-24-2007, 12:41 PM
let me know if you want my secrets. :D

oh i so wanna know!! you can PM the secrets anytime you like cos im a big guy too

Lex
01-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Dude, congrats. I think that's great. I can't wait until I can get the surgery myself. I hope you don't mind, but I've got a few questions. Like how long were you under? Did you have to stay in the hospital/outpatient area for a while? & they say it usually takes about a month to heal & get back to lifting things, right?

I'd be glad to answer your questions, and any others you think of. :)

The operation took about two hours, and was estimated to take between two and three hours.
I had the operation in the morning and stayed overnight and left the next afternoon. I had people checking my pulse, temperature and blood pressure regularly and was attached to a drip and also drains that were draining excess fluids (like blood and stuff) from my chest. Some people stay two nights and fair enough, you get pretty knocked out, the elevator down when we left almost made me puke.
The first ten days after you're not supposed to work, or get intimate with someone, and that sort of thing. Then there's about three to four weeks where you're not supposed to lift heavy things or do anything too strenuous. And I've been told it takes about a year for the scars to fade to a good, pale colour.

Lex
01-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They say that a good positive attitude like you have will actually heal you faster than if you are down - so keep it up!!!

Now I'm confused, who was going to have the hysterectomy?

Yeah? Cool! Nice to know I'm helping the healing process. :D

And that must be Capt'n Lex that got the hysterectomy, I was wondering what he got.

Amy Hepker
01-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Hi Capt Lex, I am glad you are getting what you want. We are all looking to be that someone we are inside. Some can get closer and some like me never will. I wish I could go through surgery and get what I want, but that is impossible. I am way to big to ever really pass as a Female. Large frame, Large head, Large Hands, Just too big. I am glad for you and I Pray that you have a fast Recovery.

Lex
01-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi Capt Lex, I am glad you are getting what you want. We are all looking to be that someone we are inside. Some can get closer and some like me never will. I wish I could go through surgery and get what I want, but that is impossible. I am way to big to ever really pass as a Female. Large frame, Large head, Large Hands, Just too big. I am glad for you and I Pray that you have a fast Recovery.

I am not Capt'n Lex, I am just Lex. :) But thanks for the kind words!

Tina Dixon
01-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Had to stop in and say congrats on the surgery also:thumbsup:

Barb Valentine
01-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Glad to hear every thing went well Lex
Speedy recovery

kerrianna
01-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Congratulations Lex. Hope you get healed up real soon so you can enjoy the new view. :thumbup:

Tasha Meredith
01-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah, congrats with everything and hope you heal up really fast. What kind of led up to the surgery? I mean how did you finance it/find the clinic and everything? I'm looking forward to FFS some day.

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-25-2007, 01:36 AM
Congrats Lex!

BTW, the loss of sensation hopefully will be just temporary. After my knee surgery I had a "dead spot" for a couple of months before the nerves regrew.

CaptLex
01-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Yeah? Cool! Nice to know I'm helping the healing process. :D

And that must be Capt'n Lex that got the hysterectomy, I was wondering what he got.
I hadn't thought about how confusing it could be that the two Lexes got surgery in the same week. So happy to hear you're doing so well so quickly, dude. Sounds like you're already healing (ah, youth!), and I think nothing can beat a positive attitude as the best way to ensure that. Glad you're down to a more comfortable size and able to wear stuff you want to now.

I agree with Marlena - I've heard that sensation does return after a while, but I guess it's different for everyone, so it could be sooner or later than someone else. Hope you're feeling better each day. Can't wait to see pics of the new you - congratulations! This calls for a drink (as soon as we're off the meds). :cheers:

Wendy me
01-25-2007, 02:01 PM
how's it going capt...???.. good to hear your on the mend.........oh if your not driving or sailing a little rum and meds is OK .....

Kieron Andrew
01-25-2007, 02:18 PM
I hadn't thought about how confusing it could be that the two Lexes got surgery in the same week. So happy to hear you're doing so well so quickly, dude. Sounds like you're already healing (ah, youth!), and I think nothing can beat a positive attitude as the best way to ensure that. Glad you're down to a more comfortable size and able to wear stuff you want to now.

I agree with Marlena - I've heard that sensation does return after a while, but I guess it's different for everyone, so it could be sooner or later than someone else. Hope you're feeling better each day. Can't wait to see pics of the new you - congratulations! This calls for a drink (as soon as we're off the meds). :cheers:
ok when did you sneak back in! get and tell us in a thread how you are dude!

CaptLex
01-25-2007, 03:24 PM
ok when did you sneak back in! get and tell us in a thread how you are dude!
I'm not sneaking, it's just taking me forever to catch up on all I missed. I don't want to take over Lex's thread, but I posted on the "Now Hear This" thread, so you can check that out.

Lex
01-26-2007, 05:06 AM

I agree with Marlena - I've heard that sensation does return after a while, but I guess it's different for everyone, so it could be sooner or later than someone else. Hope you're feeling better each day. Can't wait to see pics of the new you - congratulations! This calls for a drink (as soon as we're off the meds).

CaptLex! Good to see you back matey! And yeah, I'm healing pretty fast, already walking around and stuff and only needing the occasional panadol for pain. I'll go on over to your other thread and give you a warmer welcome. :D

gennee
01-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Congrats on your successful operation, Lex. I'm happy that you are feeling better.

Gennee

:love:

ZenFrost
01-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Congrats! I'm so happy for you and yet a little envious at the same time!