PDA

View Full Version : Square Dancing Attire

Trudy
01-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Hello Folks,

My wife and I are square dancers. When we go, several times a week, it is one of the only times that except for panties and socks I am in all male attire. Last halloween, one club had the men and women who wanted too, show up to the dance dressed as the opposite sex. They had to dance the part of the gender they where dressed as.

I wish I had know about that dance. I heard at least six couples who did this. We probably would have gone to that dance instead of the one we went too if we had known.

Ladies square dance attire is very feminine with the fluffy crinolines and petty pants. There is lots of square dance attire on ebay if you want to see what it looks like. I already can dance the female part and do on the rare occasion that there are more boys than girls. More often my wife will dance the male part as the opposite is most often true.

I would love to know:

If you square dance and a what level?

Can you dance the girls part?

Have you ever been to the dance dressed as a girl?

If the opportunity arrives next halloween I will go all the way including a bra and forms.

enjoy
Trudy

Karren H
01-23-2007, 11:48 AM
I have square danced a few times when I was younger... Kept running into everyone!! Lol. So needless to say Karren doesn't SD or dance at all!! Two left heels!! Lol. Tried Polka a few times and that was fun!!

But I'm not anamered with female square dance atire... At all... And I'm not into the country western look either.... But hey.... if that's what you like.... That's great!!!

Good cardio exersize for sure!!

Love Karren

DeeInGeorgia
01-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Back in the 80's I used to dance about 5 nights a week. After I moved from Kansas to California to find a wife, the lady that introduced me to my future wife did so because my future wife also danced.

My wife had only been dancing for about a year and was at the Mainstream level and was interested in all the extra swings and stuff, whereas, I had been dancing at the C1 level and was very exact in my placement so I would be ready for the next call. My wife also did not like that at the lower levels, to keep from getting bored, would try to swap places part way through a set and dance to woman's part.

So we gave up square dancing. I have forgotten enough that I every now and then try to talk her into taking classes again, but so far, no joy.

Dee

Samantha Jane Foster
01-23-2007, 02:19 PM
I thought I wasn't into the cowgirl/country western look but I was in a western clothing store near Portland, Oregon-- Culpepper & Co.-- and you would not believe how cute some of the women's clothing was. It looked like Faith Hill's wardrobe or Carrie Underwood's-- a little dainty button-down shirt of the most delicate material and pattern, kind of transparent, with an adorable tank underneath, very youthful. Expensive too-- $75, just for one piece of the two piece top.