PDA

View Full Version : 2cd Electrolysis

Tamera
01-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Had my 2cd electrolysis. Its been 2 weeks since my 1st electrolysis. She went over my upper lip on the right side that I had done the 1st time. There were a lot fewer hairs and thinner hairs then my 1st time. Then we went below my bottom lip area almost down to my chin area, but not into the chin area. There was still some discomfort like I knew there would be. There was not as much discomfort on the part that she went over for the 2cd time but my lower lip area was the 1st time that has been done and it was a little sesative. Even though I made a 1/2 hour appointment I was there for 1 hour. The cost was $32.06 including tax. I am getting results!!! And I really like that. The treated area is a lot smoother than the untreated areas. My next appointment is in 2 weeks. Thats another thing about this treatment, is you can do it at your convenience and income. There is no set schedule. This treatment also is not just for the face like I'm having done but for anywhere on the body. I did find out though that noone will do nose hairs and this lady said not to pluck nose hairs because they come back more and coarses. She recommends getting a nose hair clipper and doing it that way. Well thats all I have for now. I'll keep you informed!!

Synchronicity
01-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Very cool, Tamera! Good luck with your future treatments. :happy:

I have also had two electrolysis treatments, the third coming this Thursday. I am undergoing weekly two-hour sessions so the length of time I need to do this is shortened to a year or so.

I would have gone the laser route, but I have so much gray on my face :( that I decided to have all my hair removed by this process. So far, the hair beneath my lip(upper chin) and on my cheeks has been removed and it looks and feels so good that I only wish I had done this years ago. The tech explained to me that even with electrolysis, a healthy percentage of the hairs will regrow and will need to be zapped all over again, much to my surprise. I had originally been under the impression that one treatment per hair was enough. She told me that any that return will be weakened and easier to remove, however, and that two or three treatments is all that will be necessary per hair.

I was surprised at how painless the procedure was. I would compare the sensation to that of a soft pinch, no where near the horror stories I have heard concerning the pain. Before going to the appointment, I down a couple painkillers(Advil) and, perhaps, this is what is making the treatment tolerable -- I just don't know, but I will not be altering my routine.

I am also applying Neosporin Pain Relief to the treated area after arriving home from the treatments, at the advice of the electrologist. This seems to readily reduce any redness that may otherwise occur. It's been nothing but smooth sailing for me so far.

The cost of your treatments is the same as I am paying, $60 per hour, or $120 per two hour session, so this appears to be a standard rate.

Anyway -- good luck to you and I hope all continues to go well for you!:hugs: