PDA

View Full Version : Important Notice Please Read!!!!

Felix
01-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Because of recent events I feel it is my duty as Moderator to ask you all, FTM's and visiting members from other areas to please air caution when posting on this pubic notice board. I appreciate that we all like to have fun but we have to take into consideration those who may visit the boards who are under 18 and have just come to have a look around.These ppl may be as young as 13. Therefore please take care and if you think ya thread needs more privacy than usual because of its content then please use the private forums that have been created for this purpose. Thanx for your co-operation in this matter xx Felix :hugs:

pocoyo
01-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Totally fair enough and sensible.
Don't want some little kid getting warped lol!

Felix
01-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanx for the vote of confidence Poc xx Felix :hugs:

Kimberley
01-23-2007, 02:48 PM
So Kerrianna, Salandra and I have to behave ourselves? Not too much of a problem but some of the crew....

:love:
Kimberley

Felix
01-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Well no problems there then :heehee: Ladies ya all now officially members of my new cats club meowwwwwwwwwww!! Those naught members of the crew will just have to behave themselves lol xx Felix :hugs:

ChristineRenee
01-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Message received and understood Felix. Sorry if I offended anyone's sensibilities here. Only thing I'll say in my defense is that for people who have gender issues on this forum...I think they understood it.

Maybe access to this forum should be for adults only...minimum age 18 to get in. Just a thought.

:happy:

Sandra
01-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Mimimum age is 18, but if you bring up this web address you can still read certain areas which aren't private.

dancinginthedark
01-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Well said Felix. Clearly and sensitively stated.

YRTM :worship:

Christine I was not offended by the posts myself but know what the concern is. Kids is kids and they're nosy little buggers. :D & :strugglin Guess reading here so often helps me to "get" where you're coming from. Personally I had to grin when I read the thread that started this all... happy for him not offended....

I'm an adult and know how to use the back button <-- if it gets too real or personal for me.

dancin

John
01-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Totally fair enough and sensible.
Don't want some little kid getting warped lol!

Oooohhhhh, but corupting the yoth is so fun:D !

(I kid, I see where you're comin from here)

Wendy me
01-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Felix. i got that thread big time and was happy for brother pocoyo .. having gender issues is never easy for any of us .... and i respect you for how you handled this .... job well done .... your one classy guy....

Amanda Jane
01-23-2007, 05:34 PM
We are talking about being offensive to the kids who have grown up watching South Park and Bevis and Butthead? I could not even get close. These are the kids who listen to rap music that comes close to making me blush?

I raised two teenagers, out in the rural heartland, far away from any bad influences, way out in the country, a mile from the neighbors - and they found all that stuff. Really, kids a a lot more sophisticated then people - in particular their parents - tend to give them credit for. The first warning sign of being an adult is that you forget what you were like at that age and then proceed to get real selective about how things they did as teenagers - and lived through, laughed at - were now very dangerous to kids and must be controlled.

If you want to worry about kids, have some. If nothing else it will give you enough to do just worrying about them to be too concerned about the rest.

These are teenagers on the net and you are worried about THIS? Are you kidding? Really?

Next, I'm pretty sure that any and all discussions of transsexualism even when done in the most vanilla or clinical language are far more offensive to far more people than the entire Zappa catalog. The notions are more offensive in this case than any or all the language. If you are worried about me offending them by quoting Frank Zappa lyrics, you should pull down the site. The site is far more dangerous, far more radical, far more 'out there' then any rock and roll record.

This began as a discussion about what guys refer to their favorite part of their body as. I downloaded a list of slang terms, hundreds of them and I assure you that "the little guy" was not on that list. I can also assure you that every kid in junior high knows all those terms, and a few more to boot.

This sounds selective to me, and here is why.

With all due respect, if you really mean what you say then you really need to chill the entire rum deal. Nix it 100&#37; I can guarantee you, and back it up with piles of statistics if needed, that more teenagers will die this year from alcohol related accidents then from Frank Zappa lyrics. I am also aware, that the kids in question could walk into any Virgin store and buy the CD in question - (Fillmore East) I bought it when I was 16 - on 8 track, so that ought to date it - but can't buy rum until they are 21. Not that its stopping them, sure didn't stop anyone I knew as a teenager.

Frank, a pretty smart guy, posted this warning/guarantee on his records.

This album contains material which a truly free society would neither fear nor suppress.

In some socially retarded areas, religious fanatics and ultra-conservative political organizations violate your First Amendment Rights by attempting to censor rock & roll albums. We feel that this is un-Constitutional and un-American.

As an alternative to these government-supported programs (designed to keep you docile and ignorant), Barking Pumpkin is pleased to provide stimulating digital audio entertainment for those of you who have outgrown -the ordinary-.

The language and concepts contained herein are GUARANTEED NOT TO CAUSE ETERNAL TORMENT IN THE PLACE WHERE THE GUY WITH THE HORNS AND THE POINTED STICK CONDUCTS HIS BUSINESS.

This guarantee is as real as the threats of the video fundamentalists who use attacks on rock music in their attempt to transform America into a nation of check-mailing nincompoops (in the name of Jesus Christ).

If there is a hell, its fires wait for them, not us.

Tell you what, just change music terms to "this site" and post it and be done with it.

You can run the site however you want. That is your choice. But please don't do it in the name of 'the children' who you don't have. Leave parenting to the parents, its thier job, not yours, to decide what their offspring should be exposed to. So, sure, if it offends the sensibilities of the "senstive males" then get rid of it. However, I've never met a senstive male in more than fifty trips around the sun. Maybe next year. But part of the guy code is that being sensitive is reserved for the occasions when you are trying to get some girl to do the nasty with you. Its never anything we do to each other.

Abraxas
01-23-2007, 07:15 PM
:rolleyes:
I'll let you take it, Felix (or whoever else wants to). I'm behind ya on this but I'd better bite my tongue.

kerrianna
01-23-2007, 09:19 PM
However, I've never met a senstive male in more than fifty trips around the sun. Maybe next year. But part of the guy code is that being sensitive is reserved for the occasions when you are trying to get some girl to do the nasty with you. Its never anything we do to each other.

Speak for yourself AMANda. Maybe you're so busy playing by the code that you don't notice the sensitive guys around you. :rolleyes:

Kimberley
01-23-2007, 09:35 PM
However, I've never met a senstive male in more than fifty trips around the sun. Maybe next year. But part of the guy code is that being sensitive is reserved for the occasions when you are trying to get some girl to do the nasty with you. Its never anything we do to each other.
OUCH!! This forum is filled with sensitive people. The TS forum is filled with GM's who are sensitive. The M2F forum is filled with sensitive males. Then we also have the GG's to consider.

I agree that censorship is never a good thing but I also think that sometimes we have to act like responsible adults and bite our tongues, think before we speak, and then have the wherewithall to apologize if we are wrong or have offended someone. It is called self censorship.

Felix was right in this. There was a lot of fallout that others dont know about and if we, yes we, as a community, had been using our heads just a little none of this would never have happened.

:hugs:
Kimberley

Holly
01-23-2007, 11:30 PM
We are talking about being offensive to the kids who have grown up watching South Park and Bevis and Butthead? I could not even get close. These are the kids who listen to rap music that comes close to making me blush?Not only the kids, but the SO's coming here trying to gain an understanding what their partners are getting into. And members of the general public who stumble in here, sometimes out of curiosity, sometimes not. And frightened CD/TG/TS individuals looking for answers. First impressions are are lasting. I'm not implying that this conversation doesn't need to take place, but there is an advantage to doing so in a mature and discrete manner. The decision to move the thread to a more appropriate location was done after consultation by the staff. And Felix's rational and level headed explanation/request is absolutely in line. Now I suggest we move on.

Holly
Super Moderator

pocoyo
01-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Oh dear. :worried: Some of your points about censorship are good Amanda but there's no need to be mean to Felix or make assumptions!
Poor Felix is just trying to do his job well and he does have children.
Oh also I don't think it was exactly the terms we were using... but that MtF's aren't allowed to discuss latex lady-parts, so it's only fair that we are not allowed to discuss male parts on the open forums. I was just sooo happy and excited that I wanted to share my joy with the world (instead of just the FtM's in the clubhouse, because I have some lovely MtF friends too and I knew they'd be pleased for me) and didn't think. I will be more sensible next time lol! I just didn't realise I was "being bad".
Also, some people started discussing measurements, which is funny :heehee:, but maybe not appropriate if a little kid was reading it or something.
Also... it wasn't even Felix that moved the thread! He would have said to me about it 1st, not just cruelly cut off my voice in the middle of me saying something very important that set a lot of things straight and calm! Seriously... Felix is lovely and just trying to do his job by giving us a gentle reminder with this thread, don't take it out on him! (Please!!)

As for sensitive males... well trust me... there are plenty of sensitive males that aren't just interested in getting nasty. Honestly. I'm just sad that you haven't found any yet. But they are out there.

[Edit: Oops sorry Holly, I hadn't seen the bit of your post that said "Now let's move on". ... moving on...!]

Amy Hepker
01-24-2007, 09:18 AM
I agree Felix, there are alot of people who come here that are not members and just look even underage people.

Lex
01-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Whoa, I missed something big. So seeing as I only have a vague idea what's going on (but I'm sure I'll pick it up soon) I won't voice an opinion on the matter, as I have nothing to base it on.
Aside from the fact that the guys have my support, and I base this on the fact that they are great guys.

suzy
01-24-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm uncertain as to what brought the caution on, but I for one appreciate the information. I was unaware that children could access the site. I will be more careful.:D

Felix
01-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Thank you to all those members who understand and support where I am coming from on this issue :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Poc thanx Bro for your undying loyalty to the members here and for standing by me when I was heavily under fire by someone who doesn't know me or my personal circumstances. Thanx Bro :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Felix xx

Shelly Preston
01-24-2007, 04:42 PM
We are talking about being offensive to the kids who have grown up watching South Park and Bevis and Butthead? I could not even get close. These are the kids who listen to rap music that comes close to making me blush?

I raised two teenagers, out in the rural heartland, far away from any bad influences, way out in the country, a mile from the neighbors - and they found all that stuff. Really, kids a a lot more sophisticated then people - in particular their parents - tend to give them credit for. The first warning sign of being an adult is that you forget what you were like at that age and then proceed to get real selective about how things they did as teenagers - and lived through, laughed at - were now very dangerous to kids and must be controlled.

Some are very dangeous to kids and you only have to read the newspapers to see the headlines

You can run the site however you want. That is your choice. But please don't do it in the name of 'the children' who you don't have. Leave parenting to the parents, its thier job, not yours, to decide what their offspring should be exposed to. So, sure, if it offends the sensibilities of the "senstive males" then get rid of it. However, I've never met a senstive male in more than fifty trips around the sun. Maybe next year. But part of the guy code is that being sensitive is reserved for the occasions when you are trying to get some girl to do the nasty with you. Its never anything we do to each other.

Ae you serioulsy suggesting we leave up material that might be offensive just because you think its parents should decide

You cant quote things you dont know about. You have no idea who has children and also you have no idea if those children have parents

You also seem to forget this site is worldwide and things are not the same everywhere

Abraxas
01-24-2007, 05:48 PM
I raised two teenagers, out in the rural heartland, far away from any bad influences, way out in the country, a mile from the neighbors - and they found all that stuff.

You can run the site however you want. That is your choice. But please don't do it in the name of 'the children' who you don't have. Leave parenting to the parents, its thier job, not yours, to decide what their offspring should be exposed to.

Couldn't leave this. These are two wildly contradictory statements. Obviously, parents can't protect their kids from everything. That's why there are laws. To protect kids from stuff their parents can't. Why do you think there are cigarette and alcohol age limits? To make it harder for the kids to get that stuff. Just because a parent doesn't want their kids exposed to that stuff doesn't mean that we, as a society, should make it easy for the kids to get it. The parents aren't following their kids around 24 hours a day, and if those laws weren't in place, a kid could walk into any convinience store and buy a 12-pack of Bud and a carton of cigarettes, and their parents would be none the wiser. Just because a parent thinks they're controlling their kids, doesn't mean they are. I'm not a parent, but I'm close enough to being a kid to know that, while my parents did the best job they could have, I still did plenty of things they didn't approve of. All kids do it, and there isn't a parent in the world who can stop it.

One doesn't have to be a parent to appreciate the difficulty parents have. And we don't need to make it harder for the parents, by making it easier for kids to access stuff they shouldn't.

Sheila
01-31-2007, 04:26 AM
Felix,

like others I don't know what brought this on (nor do I need to) but thankyou. All you mods do a great job, sometimes being lambasted unfairly, it is terrific to know that while, I try to protect my young one 24/7 I am aware that I can't do it entirely alone, so it is great to know that you guys are out there helping to protect not just my kid but all kids, and in general loking out for us all so 40572 to you all

Jess

Felix
02-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Thanx Jess I can relate cos as most of ya know I have children and like Abs said we have a hard enough job these days keepin our children safe. So it is important that we help each other out on this one. It's my pleasure Jess to do this and try to keep the place safe xx Felix :hugs:

Marcie Sexton
02-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Alright girls...time we put the bit and bridles back in...:heehee:

boi_0h
02-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Maybe access to this forum should be for adults only...minimum age 18 to get in. Just a thought.

:happy:

I know that before I was 18 I faked my age a few times to get onto certain website forums, it can be done, way too easily, but it's like there's nothing anyone can really do to enforce the rule even if it were to come to fruition.