PDA

View Full Version : Work

nancygirl__f
01-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Hi girls, I read the thread about finding CD friendly workplaces and it got me to thinking.... Unfortunately I dont know of any, but I am looking for a job myself. I live in Central Oklahoma and have an AS in Business and am two courses away from finishing a AAS in E-Commerce. Also, I have two years left until I get my BA in Mgmt Info Software. Anyone have any tips on where I can find a job in Ok? I have a very good work ethic and have excelled at every job I have ever had.(I think that is common is most of us girls) Anyway, I thought it would be worth a shot...

Stephanie Brooks
01-28-2005, 09:27 AM
At best you'll find places that are TS friendly. These are companies that will tolerate and - in some cases financially support - transition. I know of no companies in the US that are CD friendly, as in you work one day as a man and the next as a woman.

My view is that if you're looking for some place CD friendly, look for gay friendly employers and you'll probably do well. What does it mean for you? It means you can probably be "out" safely in public with only minimal fear of reprisal. It does not mean you can switch back and forth between genders at work.

nancygirl__f
01-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Guess I wasnt very clear, TS friendly would be a dream come true, but being a poor jobless student, anything would be fine with me. Thanks for the info though....

Danielle1960
01-28-2005, 04:55 PM
I think it would be good for us to set up a thread or other here to list jobs in areas that are TG/CD friendly. Or at a minimum jobs period. I don't know about all of you sisters but I find it much easier to buy stuff when there is a steady paycheck comming in reliably.
Just a thougnt
Danielle :)

Sweet Susan
01-28-2005, 06:16 PM
I used to live in Central Oklahoma. I also got two AAs at Rose State College back when Jesus was a corporal. I was a closet closet crossdresser while in Oklahoma, and my advice would be to not look for much working and dressing in Oklahoma. Rednecks abound in OK, and they come out at night as well as daytime. They seem to be very offended by men who wear dresses, I was never sure why. I'd go with much of the advice already given, go West.

Chrissycd
01-28-2005, 11:02 PM
I understand the girls are trying to help, but, sometimes it isn't realistic to just pick up and "move west" leaving everything and everyone you've ever known behind. And I don't think we should have to, either. I've struggled with this too, and although the warmth of California is enticing, I just don't see it for me. Besides, it makes me angry to think that I should have to alter my whole life just b/c some rednecks may threaten me. I'm standing my ground, and their just going to have to learn not to pick on me.
Of course, Oklahoma is among the least liberal of states, so maybe something like Colorado might be a compromise. There's standing up for yourself, and then there's just plain stupidity. Do take care, hon.
Chrissy
ps - w/ all of that education, I don't see why a home business or telecommuting isn't right up your alley...

Danielle1960
01-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Lousy Rednecks :mad: In my transition plans I plan on taking some self defense classes (including the one for women) so that when enfemme and restricted by my clothing I can at least do enough to get away from the idiots.

I've moved over my life many times Ohio, North Chicago, Conecticut, California, Hawaii, Conecticut a 2nd time, and for some reason Pennsylvania. It gets harder and harder to restart each time. I'm thinking about moving back to Ohio (where I grew up) one of these days but not for the forseeable future because I promised the kids that I would stay here till there done school.

The greatest news it the internet for researching the local areas, most have chamber of commerce with web sites so you can see the employment woes, and the cities (larger ones) do too.

Hope you can reconcile, your desires with the need to progress in your employement. :)

Cami
01-28-2005, 11:36 PM
I just wanted to bring up something my ex wife rubbed in my face once. She could dress up in mens clothes in her job and nobody noticed or cared. If I ever showed up to work in my favorite dress, I might end up on the local news. Is this because our society has such closed minded ideals of gender? In a way is this revenge on males for treating females as non equal citizens in the past? I do wish I could find a CD friendly job, maybe someday..

nancygirl__f
01-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Thanks for all the advice girls, I have thought of moving to Colorado after Im finished with school. Maybe I should just try to start an Internet business or something??? Who knows... Maybe someday it could even become the next Amazon or something... with a twist of course... Many places have dress codes, but at my business there would be a DRESS code... :eek:

Georgette
01-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Just keep up having those thoughts about your own business and you will suceed, The only limitations you have are the ones you put on yourself, if you want it go for it in an honest and ethical way, because some day you may have to go back to your beginings. Don't ever be afriad to look back to whaere you came from as that is your roots and be proud of them regardless of what they were, be rich or poor be proud and show that you are. That's my .02cent worth, this is what helped me to be where I am today.