PDA

View Full Version : Loosing It

Donna Davis
01-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Has anybody out there ever lost the desire to dress? I suffer with severe emphazma and some days just getting out of bed is a chore. I used to wear a bra and panties every day under my drap clothes. I was shaved completely and usually had clear polish on my nails and a little bit of mascarra. I can't explain it I just stopped feeling like I wanted to be a woman.+?

Marla S
01-23-2007, 03:05 PM
I think that's normal. There are more enthusiastic phases and less enthusiastic ones. I think it has something to do that it costs quite a bit emotional and mental energy. There are days, when you just feel exhausted, the more the more you have emotional ups and downs with it, I guess.

Melanie R
01-23-2007, 03:26 PM
I never stop feeling like a woman but there are times when I do not want to go to the hassle of dressing and makeup to leave the house. At home I am always dressed in casual women's clothing but not the wig and makeup. My wife frequently feels the same way.

lowlavalentine
01-24-2007, 01:14 AM
I can relate to health related problems interfering with the urge to dress. I had a very serious illness last year - was diagnosed with cancer and underwent very aggressive chemo and radiation therapy. It's hard to feel glamorous when you are on the verge of throwing up for 6 months. (Which was actually too bad because I had absolutely no body hair to worry about during that time... lol). But got beyond that, went into remission, returned to health and now have returned to wanting to dress.

dods460
01-24-2007, 02:10 AM
I find that when I have a girl friend I tend to loose the desire to dress. I have no idea why, but I still act femme even though I'm not dressed sometimes.

Marianna Julianna
01-24-2007, 04:20 AM
Oh yes, being really sick can make you lose the urge to dress, it did for me. But when it came back again boy did it come back, the thing is while I was ill I had the house to myself and could have dressed for hours each day, but apart from the urge I had no energy either, it was all I could do to look after myself. Such is life I guess.

GinaVegas
01-24-2007, 10:16 AM
.......I suffer with severe emphazma and some days just getting out of bed is a chore.

Donna, I hope that you at least have quit smoking?

franvonceder
01-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I've had quite long periods when the desire to dress has dissappeared until something then happens to trigger it off again.

Fran

Tammietoo
01-24-2007, 02:58 PM
My situation doesn't allow me to dress every day or even every week for that matter, however I sometimes don't have the desire even when I do have the opportunity. But other times, I just can't seem to get enough. That said, I still think about it pretty much everyday even if I don't want to or can't dress. It's weirdly in the back of my mind seemingly all the time.

tommi
01-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Mine really comes down to free time and energy.

ColleenCD
01-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Donna,

Thanks for starting this thread. For reasons other than physical health, I too have not dressed in quite a while. Work has been a strain for the last four months which mirrors my desire to dress. I rarely have time to myself to do so. I'll have to make the time I guess.

Colleen

gennee
01-24-2007, 03:44 PM
It's normal to have days you don't feel like dressing. Had plenty myself. When you're not feeling good, you don't feel like doing anything.

Gennee

Donna Davis
01-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Yes GinaVegas I quit 5 years ago but it was to late. The damage was already done. I still want to and every morning I get up and think about it, but I can't do it. I don't feel like I did before, before I felt like I wanted to be a woman and everyday tried to be as feminine as I possible while still being in drab, you know bra under baggy shirt clear nail polish things like that. I can't seem to get those feeling back. I really miss my stuff and feeling sexy and feminine. Thanks girls for all your support :love:

Janelle Young
01-24-2007, 04:33 PM
I live alone so I could dress every day if I wanted to and I used to do that. I have not had the desire to dress since October of 2006. Since that time I can count on one hand how many times I have dressed and I had to force myself to because I really didn't want to. I know the desire to dress will come back at some point in time. When it does I'll go shopping.

Karren H
01-24-2007, 04:53 PM
A few times but nothing more than a few days long.... That is recently....

Did have a 10 year period where I didn't dress or even think of dressing!! Pretty much corelated it to my pitutary tumor and the secretion of the female hormone Prolactin... Which beside making my breasts larger also trashed my testosterone levels.... So after treatment my T levels went back up and the urge to dress returned with a vengence!!! Lol.

Hmmmmm So my urge to dress like a woman is due to my male hormones??? Go figure!! Hehe

Love Karren

Glenda58
01-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi Donna

I have also lost it.:( Haven't dressed in 2 weeks. It something that comes and goes. I know from years of dressing that I will be back so now I just keep all my things so I don't have to buy all new again when I start over. I will take things to the cleaners maybe get rid of things that don't fit any more. Just hang in there it will come back.

Amy Hepker
01-24-2007, 05:38 PM
I am sorry you feel that way Donna, I have a Male side that has to be around, but I would never turn down a chance to dress. I do wear panties and a Bra when I can under my Drab clothes.

Kristen Kelly
01-24-2007, 05:48 PM
I have gone from a period that I did not dress for 2 years, to being dressed 1/2 the month of December. I have found the more my male side has been feminized the less there is a need to dress, strange but the more I can pass the less I want to dress. Go figure.

Amy_Starr
01-24-2007, 06:17 PM
I (as does everyone else by the looks of the replys posted so far) sometimes loose the notion to dress up from time to time usually lasting a month or two tops, but something always pulls me back in.

janedoe311
01-24-2007, 06:38 PM
It seems the more I "Vent" on this site the less I want to dress. I have not be able anyway because I never have time to my self. So this place is therapy.

PS still want breasts though, that is not getting any better!

Marianna Julianna
01-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Today is different, I have time to dress, I want to dress but I feel so weak and shaky I can't, just because you're sick you don't lose the desire. Nor do you lose it sometimes because you aren't sick, one thing on thinking back though. When I was in my teens up until about 19/20 the desire was strong, went away for a bit, of and on, came back mid twenties to late thirties, then went away again, off and on, now and since I was just a bit over 40 here it is again, very very strong now.

Tina Dixon
01-25-2007, 07:18 AM
Yes it has, lack of time causes this problem a lot, back in the day when CDing was just putting a dress on and panthose on it was simple, now being Tina takes time, I mean look at me i'm such a HOTTIE:heehee: , it takes time to look like that:D

DAVIDA
01-25-2007, 07:24 AM
I haven't lost the desire. At least for the last 16 years!