PDA

View Full Version : Keeping your girlish figure

Sweet Cindy
01-23-2007, 04:33 PM
To what extent do you girls go to create a more feminine you at the expense of the masculine you? I guess it's a priority question - would you let your man-looks slide to improve your femme appearance?

I avoid lifting weights to keep my arms slender and girlish but the downside is the negative effect it has on my masculine appearance. It's a real balancing act, I've found, to keep an attractive face and body for both genders.

janedoe311
01-23-2007, 04:40 PM
there realy is no masculine me. I have an upper body like a woman. Sloped sholders, no biceps, thin arms. Never work out and am "thin". Would like to lose 20 lb though. Am 6'1" at 190lb. Guess 175 would be ok. But was 155lb untill about 30. had a figure and my face was bones. FYI linda Carter as Wonder woman was 150 lb at 6'.

Samantha Jane Foster
01-23-2007, 04:42 PM
>> FYI linda Carter as Wonder woman was 150 lb at 6'

That's the best news I've heard since I found out Paris Hilton and Heidi Klum wear size 11 shoes. I'm 5' 11 1/2" and 145 lbs. (notice the 1/2).

TV Wannabe
01-23-2007, 04:51 PM
I tweeze my eyebrows some, and recently I've been running to slim down a bit.

janedoe311
01-23-2007, 05:02 PM
>> FYI linda Carter as Wonder woman was 150 lb at 6'

That's the best news I've heard since I found out Paris Hilton and Heidi Klum wear size 11 shoes. I'm 5' 11 1/2" and 145 lbs. (notice the 1/2).

http://www.tallwomen.org/

Brooke Shields is 6'
Brigitte Nielsen is 6'1"
Uma Thurman (5 ft 11 but seen sites that say she is 6’
Julie Newmar is 6’

I have size 12 shoes in mens which is 14 1/2 to 15 in womens! Can not buy those in stores except stores that are for CDers or TG.

Karren H
01-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Some days I look in the mirror and I see a girl in a male suit... Other time while enfemme... A guy in a dress.... Its hell being caught between two genders....

I do mainly lower body exerszes... Ice hockey, skating, walking at the mall at noon. (A two-fer... Exersize and reconicence...hehe), lateral thigh trainer (stair stepper for skaters)... Have a universal gym and do some torso and leg exersizes...

Tweeze the eye brows thin... Lip plumper... Anti wrinkle creams....

Try to eat healthier but that Milky Way bar was awfully good!!!!

Love Karren (5' 9" - 175 lbs)

TGKrissyCD
01-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Mine slipped away from me a while back, now I'm almost back to where I want to be. Now I've got a problem, seems my male watch band is too lose on my wrist. For me, I do pluck the eyebrows lightly. Try not to get those tell tale tan lines. If I tan I do it in my birthday suit. A long while ago I used a beard trimmer to remove my leg and body hair, what there was of it and then about every other day use a cordless shaver to keep me silky smooth. Love it.

Tasha Meredith
01-23-2007, 05:27 PM
After the holidays, everybody wants to be a little thinner so I never get any negative feedback. After I purged last summer I went though a brief "butch" phase but realized the slenderness, arched eyebrows, and hairlessness made people assume I was way younger. In response to the original comment, I avoid upper-body work and it shows. But people expect runners to be thin, so...no harm.

hotbobbie
01-23-2007, 05:39 PM
I do walking and i would love to have back my female shape so if i can get rid of the 10 pounds i will be one happy gal.

Marla S
01-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Luckily I have only one appearence. Just enough work to maintain or even improve that.
Main focus belly, still a bit round. Sit ups and Yoga.

ronna
01-23-2007, 05:57 PM
When I was a boy I had a girlish figure and I was kind of embarrassed by it.
Now, since I will obviously never be macho, I just try to get back to it.
The hard part is the belly, girls these days have bellies too but they have busts and hips to match. I think if I could squeeze hard enough around the middle that it might bulge out somewhere else

Lisa Marie
01-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Ive been trying to take off some of my weight forever now. Its hard to do when you like to eat. But im trying. I've been wanting to lose 30 pnds. Also I shave my hands and shave my legs in the wintertime.

Bethany Ann
01-23-2007, 07:02 PM
I work out very hard and fast 6 days a week for 40 minutes. That keeps the fat off, good tone and seems a nice balance in the middle. I usually wear long sleeves due to my bigger arms and shoulders but from the chest down I have a great girly figure. Currently 5"9" about 170...41Bust, 33Waist, 39 hips. A size 16 top and 12 bottom fits perfect...I cant imagine what some hips would look like down there. My favorite is to drive in a short skirt hiked up a little...pass the truckers slow and they honk...hehe.

Beth

Kristen Kelly
01-23-2007, 07:18 PM
First thing I to do is place a full-length mirror near the refrigerator, a reminder what I look like. Watch what I eat while out, can still eat out just stay away from the all you can eat buffets. Go out dancing 3 nights a week and while out only drink club soda. Exercise 3 times a week treadmill and stepper, crunches and walking.

Rachel Signy
01-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Funny... I've very recently decided to do a small amount of weightlifting. I find toned muscles attractive on both men and women. I'll try to restrain myself from bulking up!
I tweeze my eyebrows and go for a look that would, for most GGs, be minor trimming - of course for me it's major trimming. I thought I'd overdone it the other day, but I went out with my Dad and at one point he took a really good look at me and said "You HAVE lost weight - your face is thinner!".
I've shaved my body hair in the past and am likely to do again soon. There's a fair bit of hair though and am worried about clogging the bathtub. I got this reputation with my family as the excentric who never wore shorts.

Lanore
01-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Stay away from free weights, eat in moderation and eat when you're hungry. The longer you postpone the urge to have what you're hungry for, the more you're going to eat it when you get the chance. Also, have a junk day. This means, one day a week, eat what you crave and eat as much as you want. I learned this during my lifting years and it works. My weight is the same as it was 30 years ago. I follow the same eating habits I had back then. Sit down meals really take a tole on me.

Lanore

SandyR
01-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Lots of Cardio. Run 3 times a week, eliptical 4, weights, not much free weight, lower weight more reps. Lost of stomach. Try to eat right, but that burger sure was good! heheheh. Skin creams, lots of lotion.

Huggs...

SandyR

Rachel Morley
01-23-2007, 08:51 PM
I don't eat junk foods or anything high in calories or fat. I never lift weights or try to maintain muscle mass and I go on the treadmill that we have at home a few times a week. I do other emasculating things too like pluck my eyebrows pretty thin for a guy, and my fingernails are long and painted clear and I wear girly clothes in boy mode.

Personally, I'm not bothered about being seen as an effeminate or weedy looking guy. I am who I am.

Jesse69
01-23-2007, 08:54 PM
I guess I look good both ways and I don't do anything to improve my look either way. The only thing I do is exercise and watch what I eat to maintain my weight.

Sometimes it's so hard to restraint yourself from good food because there are so many nice things to eat! When I took pleasure in food and ate whatever I wanted I became a size 16! And ugly too!

steffie39
01-23-2007, 09:00 PM
I've plucked my eyebrows a lot lately; so they're a little thin. I also keep my arms and legs shaved. Finally I had acrylic nails put on recently and they are a tad long for male but not too noticeable I hope.

Steffie

kerrianna
01-23-2007, 09:08 PM
I used to have a very skinny girlish body, but my work environments lately have given me broader shoulders and more muscular arms, so my upper body is pretty un-girl looking. I'd rather have the muscles and strength than to look good. A lot of GGs are muscling up these days too, so maybe the look works.

My legs are still pretty skinny. Skinny runs in the family so it's not something I have ever had to work at, except the belly can get pretty 'cushy' these days if I'm not active and eating too much naughty stuff. :p

Karren H
01-23-2007, 10:43 PM
If you have to exersize you might as well be pretty!!!

Love Karren

MarieTS
01-23-2007, 11:07 PM
I guess I'm just lucky being 5'9" 140. And although certain diets and workouts can help, at the end of the day you can only work with what you have. So some of us have to work harder than others for even less effect. That can be frustrating. The bottom line is to follow sound life style practices and be honest with yourself when developing your look. For example, what you like for clothing may not be what looks best on you. You have to recognize those cosmetic, wardrobe, and hairstyles that best flatter YOU, not some preconceived notion. That takes time and patience.
This audience is supportive and warmly honest, so don't hesitiate to model certain looks and post the pictures in the forum for some constructive criticism. But in terms of your figure... you can read it in any magazine: Exercise, low fat diet, and plenty of water.
You're all beautiful!

michellebesweet
01-23-2007, 11:16 PM
I do pluck and shape my eye browse. I shave my arms, hands, chest, and under arms, keep my nose and ear hairs to a minimum. I dont shave my legs, I try to shave my back a little, but that is hard to do, tried hair removers, but don't work to well on me. I do a little walking for exercise, but never did get into lifting weights, so I am not muscular, but I do have a broad frame.

I watch what I have been eating, trying to eat a little more heathier, but I hang around so many of my guy friends, they all love to eat, and I look stupid when I don't eat with them, peer pressure. Oldly none have noticed my arms, hands, or my browse. If they did, I will just say I do that every once in a while because I get too hairy. I don't grow my beard anymore, keep my hair cut short. I do let my fingernails grow long, I keep them manicured and neat. I have been putting lotion on my arms and hands to keep them from drying out, and I started putting cream on my face for a better looking complextion.

lowlavalentine
01-24-2007, 12:58 AM
I exercise regularly (ski this time of year). Used to play a lot of hockey too but the stitches detracted from my girlish look... lol. Like others, watch calories and fats, but that's just a healthy thing to do, not necessarily girly.

linnea
01-24-2007, 01:19 AM
I do mostly endurance exercise and concentrate most of my efforts on my lower body. Because I am a large size, even compared to the average man, presenting myself en femme has some distinct challenges. I do shave my arms and hands, use moisturizers and other applications to keep my face as soft and smooth as I can. I have thought about shaping my eyebrows but haven't yet been willing to take the risk (since my CDing is almost entirely closeted, except on the occasions when I get away from my home and job base). I shave my legs and keep them smooth, and I have pierced ears. As I age, I feel more willingness to present more and more of a feminine image.

BOOTLOVINGGIRL
01-24-2007, 01:32 AM
In my case, naturally skinny and keep that way by running and eating carefully. I'm pretty scrawy up top and sometimes I feel I shold lift weights, which I haven't done much of in years BUT then I think about the CDing and think more muscles isn't going to help me fit into a nice dress.

CDTiffany
01-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Stay Skinny, I run 5-6 miles, 5 night a week, Ab work out, too.
Diet is important also!!!!!!!!!!
Tiffany

Tasha Meredith
01-24-2007, 02:33 AM
I've been hearing sleep is important too. Some study said you'll lose more weight with a full 8 hours - which is kind of counter-intuitive because you'd figure you'd burn more calories awake. Its something to follow up on at least.

Deborah
01-24-2007, 02:35 AM
I stay away from weight lifting etc and i eat really light. Usually 1 meal per day.

kerrianna
01-24-2007, 03:05 AM

Love Karren

:laughing: :ohgoon: You're too much Karren!
Nice pink dress. I hope you didn't get it all sweaty. :p
:love:

Chloe Jean
01-24-2007, 05:18 AM
I've been dieting, 150 now but want to get down to 130. I do alot of walking and that has helped. I don't work out with weights so my arms are very thin.
Amelia

tommi
01-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Karen you go girl.

Marcie Sexton
01-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Believe it or not, my best tip is yoga...you wouldn't believe how sore I was the first few times I done it:rolleyes: . Now my wife and I both do it:heehee: plus I use the ab lounge to keep my waist thin I got wa to many 10's to put any weight on...:D

diane59
01-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Karen, you're a trip. Love your work out clothes..

ColleenCD
01-24-2007, 01:03 PM
I've started running to help strengthen a weak knee and drop some tonnage, I eat Special K for breakfast and yogurt for in between meal snacks, plenty of fruit, and avoid the fried foods.

Colleen

marie354
01-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Always shave... Arms, legs, netherregions, etc. Plus I've been plucking brows in an attempt to look younger. Thinner brows seems to look younger a bit.

Tracy_Victoria
01-24-2007, 01:21 PM
At the moment I'm currently trying to loss wieght, but it has nothing to do with my dressing at all. for years I've let the pounds pile on and it has affected my health!

I know losing wieght will benefit my dressing but I'm doing this for myself over wanting to look better, basically I want to be able to play with my grandkids when they come not be sat in a chair dying to die!

Last year was a major year for me, after 45 years of bitting my nails I stopped (I honestly don't know why, again it was nothing to do with dressing I don't paint my nails, and I have small hands anyway) but I just stopped it made me realise I can do it, if I try. so now I think about what I'm doing and what I'm eating, and watching the calories, eating more fruit!

If my dressing benefits from this, then so be it, but I want to be here, when my kids, have kids, and thats my goal and my reason!

Karren H
01-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Believe it or not, my best tip is yoga...you wouldn't believe how sore I was the first few times I done it:rolleyes: . Now my wife and I both do it:heehee: plus I use the ab lounge to keep my waist thin I got wa to many 10's to put any weight on...:D

Ahhhhhhmmmmmm....... :). That's what I need because my will power stinks at times.... As I sit here eating my yogart and apple sauce...... Sigh......

Did do 2 brisk miles walking around the mall at noon.... Window shopping and girl watching... And almost turned into the Burger King for a cheese burger and shake on the way back to work...... But I keep thinking that I have to fit into my LBD next business trip!!! Argggggg. God I'm hungry!!!! Wonder if there any Milky Way bars left in the candy machine? Hehe

Love Karren

cathie
01-24-2007, 04:25 PM
at 5"6" 155 lbs (I dropped 13 recently) I just run my self crazy. I fortunate to be able to run twice a day and that helps along wiht asmart diet. But alas, I need the hips amd shoulders are a bit too broad to be a passable broad. As far as muscle tone it comes with the territory, my training and riding make it impossible to avoid unless I stopped everything all together. Id o have nice legs and a trim waist though. I have to get the body fat under 10%.

Sally24
01-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I've always had a slim build so I just try to build on that look. I don't do any upper body work so my shoulders and arms are very girly. I've dieted down to 150lbs (6' tall) and my wife says I can't go any lower than that. I try to keep my arms and legs eppilated of all hair year round now, most people don't even notice. I've just started in the last few months to keep my nails longer, sometimes very long when I'm getting ready for a big "event". I am also getting my beard removed by electrolysis so my facial skin is looking better and better. And yes, you have to use lots and lots of moisturizers, especally if you are an older girl.

I am not sure this is any sacrifice to my male mode, but I do think I looked better with a full beard. Otherwise, I look younger now than I did 10 years ago. And now I have colored my grey hair to match my auburn wig!

Sally

GINA-CD
01-24-2007, 09:42 PM
jogging is the best way to loose weight and put everything where it belongs... it makes you butt tight, burns fat from all body parts that don't need it... and is great for your heart.

I don't lift weights to keep my arms slim and try to keep my skin soft. I guess I keep a good balance

Amy Hepker
01-24-2007, 09:43 PM
I was 275 Lbs last Fall when I started losing wieght. I am now 230 Lbs and looking to go down to 170 Lbs. I was 170 5 years ago so I should be able to get there. I don't have a six pack abbs or real big muscles, but I am rather strong and big. I am 6'2" tall and don't look fat just big.

MJ
01-24-2007, 10:40 PM
I was 275 Lbs last Fall when I started losing wieght. I am now 230 Lbs and looking to go down to 170 Lbs. I was 170 5 years ago so I should be able to get there. I don't have a six pack abbs or real big muscles, but I am rather strong and big. I am 6'2" tall and don't look fat just big.

Amy
i was 298 pounds now i am 175 if i could do it in three years you can too , you go girl , when i get to my goal weight and can fit in to my dress i will post some amazing pictures at the latest it will be June if not sooner i want to get in to that dress see my profile
hugs mj

jozee
01-24-2007, 11:53 PM
i weigh 300+, down from 400+, and still dropping. my figure sin't girly, or manly. i don't go out en femme so i don't need to try to pass.

jozee
01-24-2007, 11:54 PM
good work girl. keep us posted im behind you all the way litterally and figuratively.

kerrianna
01-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Amy
i was 298 pounds now i am 175 if i could do it in three years you can too , you go girl , when i get to my goal weight and can fit in to my dress i will post some amazing pictures at the latest it will be June if not sooner i want to get in to that dress see my profile
hugs mj

I can't wait to see you in that dress.

Do you sit and gaze upon it with starry eyes everyday? I know I would. What great incentive. :daydreaming:

If you haven't seen the dress girls, check out MJ's profile. :thumbsup:

Miss Terr
01-25-2007, 12:37 AM
I eat a lot healthier now.
I went from a 175 lb in May 06 to a 155 lb. 5'6"
Abs could use some work.....:heehee:

Tara Michele
01-25-2007, 09:17 AM
At 5'8" and 138 lb, most of my weights seems to gravitate to my midsection. I have skinny legs and arms (sometimes people say I look too thin), but I really need to work on the middle. When I actually do my crunches regularly it is under control ... but I am sooooooo lazy, then stuff doesn't fit. Thank goodness for high lycra content in my girlie jeans!

Cassy11
01-25-2007, 11:22 AM
I have never been heavy, 5'8" 145, I don't work out. I do shave my arms, legs and under arms. I tweeze my eyebrows but with glasses on it's hard to notice.

franvonceder
01-25-2007, 06:56 PM
I have a narrow frame, eat and walk to keep my weight down. Shave the backs of my hands, have grown my nails longer and trimmed them carefully. Shaving my body and legs helps me feel like a girl.

Fran

Carlacd
01-25-2007, 07:04 PM

Love Karren

Karren, we all love you to death. But i got one question for you, "Where the hell don't you dress?.:2c: