PDA

View Full Version : How long was your transformation?

tgirlinva
01-23-2007, 05:38 PM
I wanted to know how long it took you to become passable. Granted I only started crossdressing, but I'd like to become passable as soon as possible. Just looking at myself in the mirror is so frustrating :mad: I guess it's my perfectionist side coming out, but I'm literally short of becoming bullimic/anorexic. I hate the way I look, I wish i was more feminine. I checked out myspace and there are GORGEOUS, I mean so passable they look even hotter than GG, and I want to become that.... :mad: :mad: :mad: I'm asian, 5'7, 143. I wish i was 120 or lower. I hate my thighs, my calves, my shoulders, my biceps.... where's the toned, long, hot body those girls have?

Marla S
01-23-2007, 06:05 PM
I think we would need to see a picture, 'cause it is really hard to tell otherwise. I wouldn't focus too much on the pics. Some lucky ones have it all without much effort, some come close by a lot of effort, other can do what they want and never will reach it (probably the majority). Watch the GGs in your town, about your age and size and try to get inspiration there (that's real life).
Other than that to be Asian, 5'7 seems not to be a bad start and a few lbs are loseable.
Makeup riquires some practice, finding the right wig is a bit tricky too (wig store ?). To find the type approriate clothes is a bit trial and error.

Jasmine Ellis
01-23-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm still trying even as I have been out a lot of times theres always room for inprovment

Christina Nicole
01-23-2007, 06:17 PM
An awful lot of them probably take female hormones and may have even had surgery. Plus photographs don't show the flaws that appear when you see someone "live." Then if the photographs were retouched with Photoshop, anything goes!

Unless you want to live as a woman, relax a bit. If you are a crossdresser, then it should be fun. If you are transsexual, then you need to see a therapist to help you sort out your goals.

BTW, "hot" should not be a goal.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

surely2day
01-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Keep trying and enjoy every time you dress. Have a drink or two in the process. You know, woman always look better after you've had a couple.:D :D

Jesse69
01-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Hey tgirl - you're already skinny for your height! Today I'm 146.8 lbs at 5' 4" gaining a little weight because I can't bike during winter to lose or maintain my weight.

It took me 2 years to go from 205 lbs to 139 lbs / size 16 to 4. Then I bought a wig and breastforms and my transformation was complete. I look beautiful in real life and I'm not photogenic - and I've posted pics of myself here. But I guess people hate me because of my size because they don't post many comments on my pic threads.

For many years, I was a size 12 to 14 crossdressor with no wig and never thought I was passable. Only within the past 2 years I have discovered how beatiful I am and I pass when I go shopping in drag.

What you really need to do is post several good pics of yourself in the Picture Section. We'll tell you if we think you look good or passable Only members can see you in the Picture Section - and I've never been outed in real life from posting pics there. So don't be shy - I'd really like to see a pic of you!

Oh, you have a self image problem. You think you're too fat when you're in fact skinny!

susie evans
01-23-2007, 07:49 PM
some are faster than others i would consider it a work in progress as things chane all the time

susie

Jodi
01-23-2007, 08:12 PM
It took me several years to build to where I am now. It started with a professional wig fitting. Then to a professional makeover. During this time I was in the process of losing 40#. Then it was on to worry free shopping, ie coming out to store staff, trying on, and getting their recommendations for looking my best. After that, it was going out and practicing. Enough trial and error and one can get most things right.

Today, I go out to most straight venues with no fear. I shop openly in drab. I go to upscale restaurants, movies, concerts, etc enfemme. I do most anything that a lady would do when enfemme. I do go to tranny bars occasionally, but don't really care for them that much.

This did not come overnight. It takes courage, the will to do it, and lots of practice. I am not totally passable, but am told by my gg friends that I am very presentable. This means to me that I know how to dress for an occasion, and how to act when I get there.

Jodi

MJ
01-23-2007, 08:17 PM
OK here is my :2c: worth
first you must love your self, as you are now, try a make over service you will be surprise how amazing they can make you over.
when you find the look then you can purchase your hair , forms , and start practicing your look / image find your best feature's and work them . you should see what i looked like a year ago " not " . this takes time it does not happen over night
quote :- I wanted to know how long it took you to become passable.
the short answer is , i am still working on it , as for time line one year full time , and i still get read , the bottom line is This is me ..." don't like what you see, look the other way " 95% of the time i pass or in my view i do
hugs Marissa

Tasha Meredith
01-23-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm sort of in that same position. I have a share of fem features but admittedly FFS will be my own path to looking "hot." It seems like I'm constantly looking at the before/after photos wondering how on Earth I'm going to finance it. Though I can tell you many of us MTFs would envy anyone who was only 5'7" 143.

I get the feeling this is the same self-doubt many GGs go though.

Rebecca Petersen
01-23-2007, 10:18 PM
I wanted to know how long it took you to become passable.

I'll let you know when I get there. It's been a long hard fight, but I think I'm gaining ground. No wait...I'm gaining weight. Back to, I'll let you know when I get there.

janet p
01-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Passable is in your mind. You need to have the adittued, not the looks,:woman come in every size shape and form,don't cut yourself down ever.:love: :love:

Roxi Loh
01-23-2007, 10:45 PM
I agree with a previous comments. I don't think I will ever get there. Having said that...you go out and deal with what comes. The thrill is being a girl in the world. What other people think is secondary, and can be exciting given the reaction, but at the end of the day we/you are who we/you are. Just my two cents.

Karren H
01-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Took me 46 years.... and I still haven't gotten there yet but I'm a hard worker!!! :)

Actually, I only started fully dressing just under 3 years ago.... with makeup and hair.... before that it was just lingerie and a few times fully dressed in my teens and college... So i worked my butt off for a year or so until i had makeup down.... then been working on the rest or my presentation...

Love Karren

michellebesweet
01-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Everyone is going to be different because of thier body style, and shape. The way you walk, talk and carry yourself. The way you dress and do your hair and make-up. You must convince yourself before anyone else. If your feel confindent, then you have impressed yourself.

Personally, it took me about ten years of experimenting with crossdressing, on my own, to really take it serious. Then about another five years to work on being passable, I think I may have been ready way before that, but needed to get the nerve up to go out in public. On and Off its been about five years I have been going out in public, maybe shorter, never really kept a record of my history, When it happens, it happens, go with the flow.