PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm unusual...

Rachel Signy
01-23-2007, 06:18 PM
After the recent post on "what if you won the lottery?" my behaviour today might make some people wonder.
I'm on a fixed income due to a disability but today I got a cheque for the equivalent of 6 months pay. So I went to a department store and got (drum roll) a coat! A women's coat, of course, specifically a knee-length black wool hoody.
Now I've been rebuilding after my first and only major purge - I've been at it less than 6 months. At present I have plenty of makeup (my specialty), one bra, 2 blouses (only one of which fits), 3 pairs of shoes (one, pre-purge, being very nice but too small), 4 pairs of panties (I didn't bother to purge my panties - but I only wear them en femme) and two old purses, too nice to throw out.
You can see there's plenty of room for acquisitions. And I start with a coat. OK, I also got another bra but that's because the one I got in August now fits like a tent - I've been losing weight (I am VERY pleased with my new bra!). But in my previous crossdressing live the lack of a passable coat really limited me, since I live in Canada. I SO want to go out! I'd love to crosslive, at least part-time. Hard to do that with jackets your Dad bought you that are as mannish as possible!
Since I have lost weight, I got a few "boy" items too - 2 Prodige thongs, 1 Prodige bikini (I mention the brand because I recommend it - Prodige stuff doesn't have the horrible heavy waistband that gets used with other brands to make them look more "masculine" (blecch!)) and a t-shirt - everything a size smaller.
I plan on a *major* shopping spree once I get close to my goal weight, which should be by Canada Day (July 1).

Joy Carter
01-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Well I'm so glad you not going to waist your time while on retirement. I'm so sure this weight loss and being TG when ever you feel will do wonders for your out look on life. If didn't get to say hello, then hello and welcome.

Take Care Joy

Jesse69
01-23-2007, 06:40 PM
I get the USA Social Security Disability Income. I could actually retire on that but it's only $865 / month I'm getting. So I'd rather work high paying engineer jobs and make lots of money. So what if they discontinue my SSDI. If I make too much I have to pay back during tax time. At least I can buy expensive items if I work. My SSDI is paying off my minivan!

I didn't know Canada had SSDI too.

You didn't have to spend lots of money on a brand new womens coat. I have 4 very nice ones each for less than $8 from a thrift store. My latest one was only $4.50 and when I saw the same brand coat being sold at Carson Pirie Scott it was in the $220 range!

My last 4 month job paid me 17 months of SSDI equivalent so I was able to afford a lot of good stuff.

Rachel Signy
01-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Well, Jesse, I'm NOT a very smart shopper. At least this coat was half price, but that's pretty easy this time of year.
Handicapped benefits are a provincial matter. My province pays about as much as the SSDI you mentioned (looks like more in itty-bitty Canadian dollars though:) - good thing I don't have to pay for housing or I'd be eating dog food:(

Jesse69
01-23-2007, 06:55 PM
When in Chicago - I don't have to pay for housing because I live with my parents. I'll also inherit the house but when that happen I'll be stuck with a big property tax bill for an $850,000 house. So I know in the future I can't rely on SSDI unless I'm at retirement age where taxes are less.

You should do more thrift shop and ebay shopping to stretch your dollars. I've gotten good stuff from there.

Rachel Signy
01-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks Jesse! My GG best friend wants to take me to a big local second-hand store sometime - that'd be a fun outing:)