PDA

View Full Version : Changing your name

Suzie Green
01-24-2007, 08:08 AM
How many of you have done this? Did you ever pick a name and then later on wish you had thought better about it? Is this common to want a different name? And what about the website here...can you change if you want to, or does it require a new registration?

Sarah MTF
01-24-2007, 08:16 AM
I hade the name Sarah since I ever felt about the femi in me
And I'm not thinking to change

I guess a lot like me

:love:

Marla S
01-24-2007, 08:30 AM
A name change has to be done by the mods. No new account. (PM them if you need to change it).

Personally, yes I probably could change it, because it doesn't really mean much. It's a name to identify a person (hence I better keep it), but I don't care much about the gender attribute. Could be geneder neutral or male.
My actual name is derived from a FTM, hence I thought it might be a good choice for an MTF. There is this ambiguity in it with out being ambiguous. I like that.

Amy Hepker
01-24-2007, 08:32 AM
I had another name years ago that my second wife gave me, but I didn't really like it and changed it to Amy. Amy to me sounded more Femine than the one she picked for me which I felt was to close to mine or a guys name. I think you can change here but you may have to check with the Super Ladies that run the Forum. Try Gypsykaren. I think Christine is a nice name, my sister has that name, that is why I did not pick it.

melissacd
01-24-2007, 08:34 AM
It is funny that you should say that. I am not sure what led me to choose Melissa as my name, it has nothing to do with anything - a character that I liked, a girlfriend that I had etc...I just needed a name to use when I started participating in web forums related to cross dressing and I did not want to use something goofy or out of context so the name Melissa popped in my head and it has stuck around for almost 10 years now.

That being said I am not so sure that I am happy with the choice. As my femme persona grows I find myself questioning whether I feel like a Melissa. Not that I know what any name particularly feels like, however, I am sure that if I found a name that really resonated with my real femme character then that would help her self actualize even more.

You have given me pause to reflect and decide if this is who I really want to be named and whether I want to make a name change request. Thanks.

GinaVegas
01-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Yeah, changing your username is easily done by private messaging one of the moderators. I changed mine just a week ago or so to Gina Vegas!