PDA

View Full Version : Pick your label

bi_weird
01-24-2007, 10:16 AM
We all know that labels don't matter and we are who we are and all that. That being said, what's your label? I'm curious to see what sort of proportions we have here. FTMs only, please. p.s. I've never posted a poll before...hope I don't screw it up.

pocoyo
01-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Ooh interesting....

Hmmm I'm stuck between 2....

Evert
01-24-2007, 10:30 AM
I voted transseksual because i'm a guy and I will be it one day! :D

Lex
01-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Androgynous at the moment. :)

Marcie Sexton
01-24-2007, 11:11 AM
All male in body, but in spirit ALL woman...:love:

Kimberley
01-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Gee, I had to pick other because I relate to so many of them except the last 2... and you guys thought I had it together.....

Okay okay. If I HAVE to pick then it would be as a non op TS which makes me a TG who tries to live under the radar but not totally hidden but sometimes GQ or others androgynous..... Now you know why I detest labels... None of them really fit.

Probably why my pdoc rolls her eyes when we chat... (Not really. JoAnne is actually very cool.)

Couldnt pin me down!:tongueout

:hugs:
Kimberley

Lex
01-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Marcie and Kimberly, I hope you girls didn't actually put your answers into the poll, because Bi asked for FtM's ONLY to answer.

Kimberley
01-24-2007, 11:10 PM
Oooooops. My apology. I read the thread topic on the forum, entered, read Bi's blurb not noticing that it was labeled F2M only.

Question? Why didnt the rest of the header show up? Normally if it is truncated on the main forum one can see right away. Can you fill me in Felix?

You guys know I would never knowingly step over that line. So again, my most humble apologies.

:blushing:
Kimberley

Lex
01-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Apology accepted by me Kimberley, I know you're a great girl and no harm's done. :)

Dasein9
01-25-2007, 12:49 AM
I think you're okay with the folks here, Kimberley. :D

bi_weird
01-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Hey Kimberly,
It's okay. I forgot to add "FTM only" to the header...so I put it up after you two posted.

Kimberley
01-25-2007, 01:00 AM
Thanks guys. What a great bunch!!! Love yas all!

:hugs:
Kimberley

pocoyo
01-25-2007, 05:46 AM
Awww Kimberley!!!

You are practically one of us anyway... in a funny sort of way (I'm not saying you're a guy :eek:), I mean that you hang out here and mostly see things our way!

And, after all, you are one of The Crew ;)

pocoyo
01-25-2007, 05:57 AM
I am sort of stuck between checking transgender and transexual.

1) Because I'm not sure if I will transition (yes I do really want to - painfully sometimes - but I dunno if it's right/if my reasons are valid... still making sure).
2) Well.. if I did transition I'd be different from now anyway, I would be a boy who was very male but who did sometimes enjoy wearing female clothes & stuff (like tight, girls T-shirts or whatever). So then I'd be transgender still anyway, I suppose. Or just a gay guy who has an interesting dress-sense, so then maybe that would still be just transexual... with a twist...

Ok yeah I see why labels are so bloody annoying too Kimberley lol!

Hmm if I had to choose one it would be "Probably transexual" (but, so does that mean "transgendered" anyway?
"Probable transexual" = transgendered 'cos I'm questioning my gender???)

:thinking:

Hang on... but isn't transgender just an umbrella term for all gender-bending folk? Yeah but you can also just be transgender.. and uh.. I err... ah.. um...errrr??.....

Malfunction....malfunction... does not compute... does not com... ...KABLAMMO!

... ok I voted, I'm officially a tranny-boy (as in transexual) hehe.

Kimberley
01-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Oh cmon, Bowie kept em guessing for a decade...

Who said sitting on the fence cant be a blast? Get too much rum, fall one way or the other, sober up and climb back on the fence. Lots of climbing exercise, who needs a gym?

Soi will it be.... ummmm jeans and sweat shirt or little black dress.... oh choices choices.... boys.... help me out here...

Marcie Sexton
01-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Read and not understand...Smack, smack, smack...

CaptLex
01-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Actually, I feel that I'm a little bit of almost all of the above, but if I can only pick one, then I pick TG, as it encompasses several overlapping things. Confused? :devil:

Kimberley
01-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Not a bit Capn....

Kieron Andrew
01-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Actually, I feel that I'm a little bit of almost all of the above, but if I can only pick one, then I pick TG, as it encompasses several overlapping things. Confused? :devil:
i live confused lol:tongueout

Felix
01-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Cool thread..... Oh and no worries Kim Ya a cool cat so not a problem :hugs:

Well lets see recently I tried to box myself even though I hate lables and I thought the best lable was genderqueer also this was easier for others to understand who I felt I could come out to. Problem some ppl might see this like gays see bisexuals as fence sitting. So this set off all sorts of other stuff in my head. But the way I see genderqueer which is part of the trans spectrum is being what ya want to be and how ya want to be. Some may want to take 'T' and may want surgery may want to go all the way. Some may want to take 'T' and not go all the way, just have surgery on the parts they want to. Some may not want to take 'T' but may want surgery and maybe not. There are all sorts of combinations bein genderqueer. I think it's about bein in control of who ya are. So although I lable myself as this I think it's still another word for transgendered but how far I may go is all controlled by other factors and other considerations and commitments. Like I said in another thread I feel at times that there is a man trying to escape and thats scary I don't like to think I'm a fence sitter or that's how I could be percieved, I'm just me at the end of the day no lables! xx Felix :hugs:

Abraxas
01-26-2007, 04:55 PM
I know what ya mean, Felix. I marked 'Transgender' but... There's always a lot of explaining to do as nobody's the same when it comes to what they want.
I personally want chest surgery but that's pretty much it. I would take T but there's a whole slew of things that come along with it that I don't want. If I could pick and choose what I wanted (facial hair, slightly deeper voice (but not enough to interfere with my singing), muscle growth, etc.) then I'd take it. But that's not the way things work...
*sigh*
Yeah. Fence-sitter here, haha... And I hate it. :rolleyes:

pocoyo
01-26-2007, 05:15 PM
(To Abraxas - )
*Is interested in the "Unwanted" effects of T??*

ZenFrost
01-27-2007, 12:56 AM
I consider myself to be transgendered. I'm a male in every sense but physiologically. I'm not going to become transexual (well, maybe have a chest operation) so I'll remain a biological female, but my true self is male.

Felix
01-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi Abs it's great when someone else knows exactly where ya comin from. I feel very male but I don't want oh is this gonna sound awful ah well it's public here so please use ya imagination. I think I would wear a packer no Probs there just haven't gone that far yet :o I have thought about 'T' but like ya said it's all the stuff that goes along with that cos it's always so more complicated than one needs. Then there's family OMG! It's a nightmare really. I mean I know for sure I would love a chest, no Question there. I'd love a deeper voice :heehee: I develop muscle easily but wouldn't mind a little help lol. Definitely don't want stubble. If it was easy to get I'd get rid of my bits now that I don't want or needI would. To me all this definitely adds up to transgendered but because I still got certain things it makes me see the label as genderqueer. Not because some days I dress as a woman and some days as a man cos everyday I dress like a man especially when I'm off school although I am dressing more for work now and pulling away from the andro look. Thanx again Abs :hugs: Hey Abs welcome to my Cats club ya one cool cat Bro xx Felix