PDA

View Full Version : Hide Your Chest! (Without Binding!)

Lex
01-24-2007, 10:31 AM

Welcome to Dr. Lex's Hide Your Chest! (Without Binding!)

I am here to share with you all my many secrets to hiding a big chest. My chest was once too large to bind, so I had to come up with ways to hide them. And these ways work well.

1. Layers.
Layers rock. I'm not sure how they rock, but they rock. Try it and you'll see. A t-shirt with a button up shirt over the top and unbuttoned, or a button up shirt (buttoned up) with a t-shirt over the top, work really well.

2. Jumpers and jackets.
If it's cold enough DEFINATELY do this. I pulled off my favourite pass in a hoodie, it was ace. Big, thick, manly looking (of course), jackets work really, really, REALLY well. Jumpers and jackets flatten everything out with their shapeless thickness and hide all curves and bumps when the right one is found. Ooh, almost forgot to add that a thin jumper or vest with a jacket (like a suit jacket or blazer) over that also works REALLY well.

3. Try a tie.
Ties can work really well to just mentally emphasize that you're a guy, and therefore have a flat chest. If you're wearing a bra that seperates your chests, this might be a problem because then it will sit between them and draw attention. But if you have a big chest like I did, you'll probably be used to constant cleavage, in which case the tie will just sit on top and distract people away from your chest.

4. Make the rest of you more manly.
If your hair is long a girly, if you're wearing girl shoes or girl pants, or have a pair of earrings in, whatever, stop it. If the rest of you is presented as male, then your chest will be presented as male. Essentially, if you look generally male as a whole, they just won't see the chest. Why? Because they don't expect it to be there, they aren't looking for it. They won't see it.

5. Black is the new black.
Black is a really good colour for all of this because it doesn't show any shadows. It's all just one big shadow, so it won't show the shadows cast by your chest or your curves.

6. Baggy clothes.
Wear loose or baggy clothes, it really helps. BUT, there is such a thing as too baggy. If it's too baggy it will hang from your chest and show it off. You want it just baggy enough to cover you without it being tight on your chest.

And that's about it! Here are some examples of shirt combinations that work really well, all test driven by me. :)

40147 40148

40149 40150

Evert
01-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Wow doctor! :D

I dont have a large chest but damn I'm gonna try it! :D

pocoyo
01-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Hahaha!
Dr. Lex this thread is awesome!!!

It is presented with humour and panache and is very handy for those having trouble/not much experience in chest-hiding!!

You totally rock!

Brilliance... sheer brilliance....:lol2:

P.S. LOVE the illustrations haha!!!

Lex
01-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Haha, glad you guys like it so much. :D

And yeah, you don't need a big chest for this, in fact a small one would be even better! I'm gonna continue with this kind of thing, 'cos it helps hide the curve of your waist and hips too, which is good.

Marcie Sexton
01-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Good ideas, my wife enjoyed it a lot, but now let me ask you a question from my side of the fence...How do you show off a chest you don't have...I have forms that I use, but would like to just figure out a way to have the appearance of the "girls" without really having them on...

Thankx:happy:

pocoyo
01-24-2007, 11:24 AM
but would like to just figure out a way to have the appearance of the "girls" without really having them on...

Hmm maybe some subtle shading with powder on the chest?
There is also a way using sellotape to create a fake cleavage... but owwcth does it look painful!!
Or maybe a push up or a padded/water bra for smaller chested girls?

Adam
01-24-2007, 12:07 PM
cool thanks :D

Dasein9
01-24-2007, 02:36 PM
I also like vertical lines down the front of the torso. So an overshirt or blazer tends to work well.

Now, how to hide a large butt? (I call mine dissertation-butt.)

bi_weird
01-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Yeah it's amazing how much can be hid without actually binding. Granted, I'm small, but a sports bra, t-shirt, button up shirt, and tie makes me look completly flat unless you're looking for it.
Dude, Lex, love the illustrations! I hadn't thought about black hiding unwanted shadows...

Dasein9
01-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Black tie on black shirt... Hmmm... :D

pocoyo
01-24-2007, 04:33 PM
I've got a black shirt on now with a black hoody underneath... I'm deciding what to wear out to dinner with some friends tomorrow.

I wish I had some of you guys here to help me lol!
Actually... I wish it was you guys I was going out to dinner with (shhh don't tell my mates I said that hehe!)

Adam
01-24-2007, 05:51 PM
poc id be pleased to meet you if i could you seem a cool guy

melissaK
01-24-2007, 06:13 PM
A great piece Lex! And illustrated! (Print it up in word and offer it to publishers . . . make a $100 or two). Love your point about "they aren't looking for it. They won't see it." So true.

From the land of the past - pocket protectors with mechanical pencils sticking out. It was a great "misdirection" tool that both hid a chest AND screamed "engineer" at a time when only "men" were engineers. A ftm type girl in my high school (circa 1970) wore them - she was ahead of her time. I think she carried a slide rule too . . . (crud, I'm old. :heehee: )

I don't know what screams guy nowadays sufficient to misdirect . . . maybe equivalent modern tech gadgets: like the big "bluetooth" telephone ear piece - the bigger the better; or, a "belt holstered" Blackberry?

And foolin guys is probably easier than foolin girls. Guys gloss over details - girls tend not to. So, button shirts with the buttons on the wrong side will sail right under our noses, but not other girls. Lands End sells (or at least used to sell) nice oxford button downs in Athletic Fit - meaning wider in the shoulders than waist - meaning room for big pects whether from the gym or nature.

hugs lads,
'lissa

janedoe311
01-24-2007, 06:43 PM
But do not have to hide them. Those of us thin men with Gynecomastia have to hide them. I have been yelled at from across the street about my titties. I had a T shirt on. Buy extra large now. Some people are not nice.
Any wonder why some of us have a self worth problem?

Marla S
01-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Sorry for jumping in.
Lex, brilliant post (as far as I can tell ;))

How do you show off a chest you don't have...I have forms that I use, but would like to just figure out a way to have the appearance of the "girls" without really having them on...

I have a somewhat padded camis (this one (http://www.tchibo.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/de/-/EUR/TdTchDisplayProductInformation-ShowBigsAnsichten?ProductSKU=M4842&myPic=1%2c00) in special, hope the link works), which additionally lifts the male boobs a bit (strap below the breast). Goes with any top out of soft fabric. Combined with the bit deeper male chest it qualifies as A to B cup siluette, by accentuating the male breast, without looking too "boobsy".

Lex
01-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Glad you all like it. :D

Unfortunately I have no clue how to show off a chest, I've never really tried.

To hide a big butt, low, baggy pants with a longer shirt seems to help. :P

pocoyo
01-24-2007, 08:19 PM
poc id be pleased to meet you if i could you seem a cool guy

Awww thank you! Likewise! :happy:

Dasein9
01-25-2007, 12:48 AM
I wish it was you guys I was going out to dinner with (shhh don't tell my mates I said that hehe!)

Make your way to da Bronx, and I'll take you out for the best Italian meal this side of the Atlantic. The Cap'n will probably join us too.

Evert
01-25-2007, 04:21 AM
I suggest a CD.com vacation on a ship somewhere near Tortugua.. :heehee:

pocoyo
01-25-2007, 06:10 AM
Make your way to da Bronx, and I'll take you out for the best Italian meal this side of the Atlantic. The Cap'n will probably join us too.

Ahhhh! Now that sounds cool....
What an evening that would be!
Shame da Bronx is so far :(

I suggest a CD.com vacation on a ship somewhere near Tortugua.. :heehee:

...As does that!!
Hmm... debauchery galore :p :straightface:

ZenFrost
01-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Oh goody goody! Bind-free breats hiding! I shall try this...

(p.s. thanks for sharing your secrets)

xmyheart
02-04-2007, 03:55 AM
Yeah, layering totally works. I tried binding, and omg I thought I was going to like choke. Good advice. Although I've tried the shirt over a button up shirt, that one doesn't work as well as the other ones. But I guess it might be because the t-shirt I wore over it was a little tight.

CaptLex
02-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Yeah, layering totally works. I tried binding, and omg I thought I was going to like choke. Good advice. Although I've tried the shirt over a button up shirt, that one doesn't work as well as the other ones. But I guess it might be because the t-shirt I wore over it was a little tight.

Hi, xmyheart, and welcome to the forum. Layering works best for me too, but I still need a binder. That's why I hate the summer - it's too hot here in the summer to wear all those layers, especially with a binder. Not looking forward to July at all. I wish I could have the surgery before then, but it's not possible (financially). BTW, I used to feel the same way about binders choking me, but it got easier somehow - not easy, but definitely easier.