PDA

View Full Version : Peeeee-Weeee-Hoooo! Now Hear This, Now Hear This!

Dasein9
01-24-2007, 03:10 PM
I just spoke with the Cap'n. He's recovering well, although his pain meds are giving him some stomach trouble. He can't sit up yet, and so isn't on the computer. He misses everyone, and appreciates our sending good vibes.

pocoyo
01-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Hooray hooray for the lovely Cap!!! :D :D :D

I'm soo glad to hear that he's doing well. It's like a weight is lifted!

Like I said in the clubhouse please send him some gentle hugs
and thanks so much for letting us know he's ok!

Hooraaah! :jumping:

Get well soon Cap, we've got adventures ahoy! We need you ship-shape mate!

Abraxas
01-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Awesome! Glad he's doing well, but that sucks about the pain meds. Those narcotics can be hell on the GI tract.

Kimberley
01-24-2007, 03:53 PM
This is great news even if we do miss him.

(Is this called mixed emotion?)

:hugs:
Kimberley

kerrianna
01-24-2007, 03:53 PM
That's good to hear...well not the pain part...tell him to hurry back here so we can be a pain instead. :D

We miss him too. :hugs:
:love:

Kimberley
01-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Awesome! Glad he's doing well, but that sucks about the pain meds. Those narcotics can be hell on the GI tract.

But a lovely diversion.... still not recommended.

BTW. Is there a doc in the HOUSE?
:D

Felix
01-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Awww give him a hug from me if ya see him and tell him I said get well soon xx Felix :hugs:

Abraxas
01-24-2007, 04:30 PM
But a lovely diversion.... still not recommended.

BTW. Is there a doc in the HOUSE?
:D

Ooh, caught me! :heehee:
I never did understand this love people have for narcotics... I've taken plenty of vicodin myself and never really liked it. Of course, that's probably just me (and the fact that, for me, it never has done any convincing pain relieving).

Lex
01-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Yay! Awesome to hear he's recovering well!! Give him love and really gentle hugs and stuff. :)

Amy Hepker
01-24-2007, 08:12 PM
We all Miss him! Get well Soon Capt.

Dasein9
01-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Ooh, caught me! :heehee:
I never did understand this love people have for narcotics... I've taken plenty of vicodin myself and never really liked it. Of course, that's probably just me (and the fact that, for me, it never has done any convincing pain relieving).

Try Vicodin + Buffy The Vampire Slayer DVD's.

When I broke a finger last Spring, they gave me generic Vicodin. Except, since it was generic and in pseudo-Greek, I didn't catch on. And I haven't got a roommate to tell me how out of it I was. The Buffy and the Vicodin made for a very pleasant Spring, though.

Abraxas
01-25-2007, 12:49 AM
I think Vicodin and House go hand in hand... literally. Haha! okay. Bad joke. But that's my specialty, eh?
Pseudo-Greek? Hurruh? Like... Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen? Or am I way off here?
Naw, I don't like them cos they make me nauseous, and they don't do anything for my pain, and they make me completely loopy (I even hallucinated once, and it was not a fun hallucination. Scary one). Sometimes, when I don't get the side effects, and they actually work, I love them. But most of the time that's not the case.

bi_weird
01-25-2007, 12:54 AM
Well I'm glad that Capt is doing well. Hope to see him again here soon.
As for vicodin....yeah no. Had the generic stuff when I got my appendix out a few years ago. It made me very sleepy, but whenever I was half asleep there were scary things on the edge of my vision. So I switched to Aleve, which worked just fine.

Evert
01-25-2007, 03:43 AM
So good to hear that the capt'n is okay.. :jumping:

Give him als an gentle hug from me... :D

CaptLex
01-25-2007, 02:08 PM
I think Vicodin and House go hand in hand... literally. Haha! okay. Bad joke. But that's my specialty, eh?
Pseudo-Greek? Hurruh? Like... Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen? Or am I way off here?
Naw, I don't like them cos they make me nauseous, and they don't do anything for my pain, and they make me completely loopy (I even hallucinated once, and it was not a fun hallucination. Scary one). Sometimes, when I don't get the side effects, and they actually work, I love them. But most of the time that's not the case.
Yup, that's the stuff I got too - generic Vicodin (Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen). Nasty stuff, really. I don't know how Dr. House takes it - but then he's become addicted, right? Anyway, thanks all for your gentle hugs and good wishes. My instructions are to take the dope every four hours as needed. I usually wait until the pain becomes unbearable, so I've been able to go longer and longer without it - up to nine hours between doses as of this morning. I hope to be off it as soon as possible. I understand about the hallucinations, Abraxas, I had a really bad nightmare (and kind of hallucinatory) which I'm sure was the result of the painkillers. Today is my first day sitting up (not too bad so far, but I don't want to overdo it) so it's the first time I've been able to check on how you guys are doing.

Don't know about Vicodin and Buffy, Das, but Guys and Dolls on Vicodin was kind of funny, actually. Thank goodness for DVDs and video games, so I shouldn't be feeling cabin fever for a while. And, as a co-worker reminded me, if I'm going to be cooped up, it's best to do it while it's cold, windy and snowy. :p

dancinginthedark
01-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Hey capt glad to see you and your sense of humor made it through ok. Keep taking it easy and pop in a DVD. I didn't care much for the Vicodin either, had the generic stuff too. I'm like the rest of ya, don't know how House does it. :P

Hey bet ya didn't realize how much everything was connected till this huh? I didn't know a sneeze could hurt so darn much till I had some surgery. hehe now but OUCH then. Remember to hold the pillow over your tummy when you laugh.

dancin

CaptLex
01-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Hey bet ya didn't realize how much everything was connected till this huh? I didn't know a sneeze could hurt so darn much till I had some surgery. hehe now but OUCH then. Remember to hold the pillow over your tummy when you laugh.

dancin
Yup, laughing, coughing and sneezing are killer! And the cab ride home was no picnic, with all the jumping that car did. Feels like I have a cannon ball stuck in my gut too. It gets a little better each day, though. :p

kerrianna
01-25-2007, 03:19 PM
:love: Hey Capt, good to hear from you. Hope you are feeling better soon. :hugs:

I try to duck the cannonballs myself...but you are Captain so I guess that you had to stand tall and proud. :daydreaming:

Uh...hee hee...I hope you haven't checked your cabin lately. I'm sure the doctors don't want you to get upset. :D We'll clean up the mess...don't worry. :whistling:

CaptLex
01-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Uh...hee hee...I hope you haven't checked your cabin lately. I'm sure the doctors don't want you to get upset. :D We'll clean up the mess...don't worry. :whistling:
Yeah, I just saw that . . . looks like you guys had way too much fun taking over my cabin while I was gone. :tongueout

John
01-25-2007, 03:36 PM
hay there captin! glad to see you.. if not up, then slightly less horizontal.

Mess? Us? No, never... *runs off*

Marcie Sexton
01-25-2007, 04:03 PM
We need a voice of authority capin...hurry up and get well...then you can weld your sword of authority

pocoyo
01-25-2007, 04:33 PM
YAY CAP'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
:jumping:

That's so cooooool!!!!!
My day just got better about something else and now this makes it fantastic!!

YAy it's so good to see you mate!!
I'm glad you're still in one piece. WE MISSED YOU DUDE!
:bighug:

bi_weird
01-25-2007, 05:47 PM
HEY CAP's BACK! :-D
Glad that you're feeling better and back around again! We've missed you!

Charleen
01-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Sittin' up 'n' takin' nourishment is always a good thing! Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery! I'll be in the hot tub waitin' on ya!
Love and xxxx, Lily

melissaK
01-26-2007, 12:12 AM
And the cab ride home was no picnic, with all the jumping that car did.

Aw Captain, that's so smart of you to blame the car and not the cabbie. My wife drove me home w/a broken leg once, I made the mistake of blaming her for every bump. She reminded me it was about to become a really long hobble home for me . . .

Glad you're back . . . when your off the meds the drunken wenches will have to perform you another toast!

Hugs,
drunken wench, 'lissa
__________________________________________________ _
-- Salt for your meat and cinnamon sweet,
And the rum is for all your good vices. - - J. Buffet

Lex
01-26-2007, 05:09 AM
Welcome back Capt Lex!!
Hope you heal up soon, sounds like you're still rather sore. How long does it take for you to heal up completely? And tell us about the surgery, how long were you under, how long were you in hospital, what was it like, were you nervous, etc?
Great to have you back Capt! :D

CaptLex
01-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Welcome back Capt Lex!!
Hope you heal up soon, sounds like you're still rather sore. How long does it take for you to heal up completely? And tell us about the surgery, how long were you under, how long were you in hospital, what was it like, were you nervous, etc?
Great to have you back Capt! :D
Thanks, young Lex, it's great to be back . . . I wrote more about the surgery in my Log, post #173 http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31117&page=7, but if you want to know more, feel free to ask - I'm happy to share.

CaptLex
01-26-2007, 11:31 AM
hay there captin! glad to see you.. if not up, then slightly less horizontal.
Ha, ha . . . yeah, I guess I'm kind of at an angle. :heehee:

We need a voice of authority capin...hurry up and get well...then you can weld your sword of authority
Well, my sword is a little loopy right now, but I'll try. :p

Glad that you're feeling better and back around again! We've missed you!
If you promise to believe it's the meds talking, I'll let you in on a little secret . . . I missed you guys a lot too. :D

Sittin' up 'n' takin' nourishment is always a good thing! Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery! I'll be in the hot tub waitin' on ya!
Ah, Lily . . . if you agree to join me in the hot tub when I'm able to climb in again, I'm sure that'll help me recover sooner. :love:

Aw Captain, that's so smart of you to blame the car and not the cabbie. My wife drove me home w/a broken leg once, I made the mistake of blaming her for every bump. She reminded me it was about to become a really long hobble home for me . . .
Well, 'lissa, our city's streets are infamous for their potholes, so I knew it wasn't the cabbie's fault. Just glad I made it home in one piece - your wife sounds like a smart cookie, BTW.

Felix
01-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Hey Marcie what ya tryin to say that I didn't do my job in the captains absence ??????? :( Felix

Kimberley
01-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Vicodin? Don't know of it. Percocet is effective. I had that when I broke my ribs last spring. I have always had T-3's floating around to help on really really really bad days with arthritis. Some people have a tough time with either of them but I have a high tolerance.

I try to avoid meds as much as possible. Too many meds , too many docs, over the last few years.

Anyway, glad you are back and about.

Kimberley

Kieron Andrew
01-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Hey Marcie what ya tryin to say that I didn't do my job in the captains absence ??????? :( Felixno that is not what she's saying at all, she just missed him thats all like we all did...

Felix
01-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Well excuse me but That's what came across I think it was we need a voice of authority round here bit!!!! I thought I did that well enough. :eek:

Kimberley
01-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Well excuse me but That's what came across I think it was we need a voice of authority round here bit!!!! I thought I did that well enough. :eek:

Well First Mate, you tried as best you could but with 2 mischievous wenches aided by a well trained ape and a crew that was well.... :D At least most of the captains private stock was untouched.... We did leave some didnt we?

Felix
01-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi Kim and thanx for the moral support :hugs: Yep I think we all did a great job so thanx to ya all and welcome back captain ya the man lol :hugs: xx Felix

pocoyo
01-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Hi Felix!

Marcie probably just meant that it's good to have the Captain back.
Or possibly just that a bunch of people acted like idiots while the cap was away... which is no reflection on you, you can't help it if people are being stupid or "breaking rules"! Apart from ask people politely not to...(then take action if they don't) ...which is what you did!

You did bloomin' well, and was fair and reasonable with all the annoyingness that occured in the Cap's abscence! No-one can deny that.

You're a cool dude!

Kimberley
01-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi Kim and thanx for the moral support :hugs: Yep I think we all did a great job so thanx to ya all and welcome back captain ya the man lol :hugs: xx Felix

Shhhhhhhhh! They'll give you more work...:D