PDA

View Full Version : Eybrow plucking

Lindahexi
01-28-2005, 02:04 PM
[B][U] Hi girls,what's the best way to get good looking eyebrows without giving the game away when in drab? Plucking is risky I think. Any advice will be welcome. :p

DanaJ
01-28-2005, 02:07 PM
Well, I may be a bad one to ask this, because my brows are done pretty femme most of the time :)

But I would suggst going to a professional for the first visit to get a good shape and size, then all you need to do is maintain the shape by plucking the new growth.

If you want to do it yourself, then pluck slowly, just a few hairs at a time. Do this over several weeks so the change is gradual. Trimming the hairs shorter does wonders too...

DanaJ

P.S. take a look at my avatar ;)

Wendy me
01-28-2005, 02:09 PM
i have been plucking for years .............start off a few here and there ..........a little at a time over a long time ................i mean if you got like theise headges over your eyes and the next day thay are like skinny shapely little things some one just might nitice............................................ .

Rachel_740
01-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Hi Linda,

I had my eyebrows waxed for a couple of months before I announced my transition, and nobody noticed (except me). When I shaved my arms probably 6 months before transition however, they were noticed immediately and I had questions as to how much more I had shaved.

Rachel

Tristen Cox
01-28-2005, 02:16 PM
Yep just start slow so it doesn't appear too drastric of a change to those who are used to seeing you. They may not notice over the course of say a few weeks or a couple months. This will allow you to shape them as you go as well, and time to keep checking in the mirror until you like where they are going. (note: this applies to do-it-yourself brows) If you do them all at once you may not be happy with the outcome and you'll have to wait for them to grow back in. Good luck.

Love
^ ^
Tristen

Sharon
01-28-2005, 02:17 PM
I've had thin brows for some time now, and no one has ever noticed until I told them.

Wendy me
01-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Tristen is right the slower the better and don't be too drastic with the plucking or you may get some raised eyebrows :D
the only trouble it becomes like a hobby ...........a little plucken here a little plucken there............................................. .... ;)

Teddie
01-28-2005, 03:28 PM
My wife dose mine, she doesn't like bushy eyebrows, she keeps mine very femine, and no one has ever said anything.

Danielle1960
01-28-2005, 04:43 PM
I convinced my wife or actually the orental lady convinced my wife to let me get mine waxed. I came to work the following Monday with nice femm thin eyebrows and no one ever noticed. I even told one of the QA ladys about having them waxed because it creates a finished professional look. She aggreed and said she wished more men would.

As far as having it done? For me it is sorth $10 plus tip to set down and have it done in a couple of minutes and it looks great. I always go in drab when I get them done.

Danielle :)

Lindahexi
01-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Well, I may be a bad one to ask this, because my brows are done pretty femme most of the time :)

But I would suggst going to a professional for the first visit to get a good shape and size, then all you need to do is maintain the shape by plucking the new growth.

If you want to do it yourself, then pluck slowly, just a few hairs at a time. Do this over several weeks so the change is gradual. Trimming the hairs shorter does wonders too...

DanaJ

Hi Dana J
That is such good advice, but where I live I'd need to Pluck (no pun intended) up some nerve to go in the salon for the first time, maybe I'll take your advice on the DIY.

Lindahexi

Lindahexi
01-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Hi Danielle, waxing sounds like the perfect solution, and I've often thought how nice it would be to have it done, but have been hesitant in case It was too much all at once and people noticed. On the other hand you say nobody noticed so I might go for it.

Thanks for responding,

Lindahexi

Sweet Susan
01-28-2005, 06:10 PM

DanaJ

This is great advice. I might add that if you don't want to pluck, you could buy one of those mini hair trimmers. They work wonders for shaping. After you have them shaped the way you want them, you could pluck them to keep them like you want them.

I would also agree that if you go slowly, a few hairs a day, you'll find that people will never notice.
:p

Lindahexi
01-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Hi Linda,

I had my eyebrows waxed for a couple of months before I announced my transition, and nobody noticed (except me). When I shaved my arms probably 6 months before transition however, they were noticed immediately and I had questions as to how much more I had shaved.

Rachel
Hi Rachel, my niece has seen me shaving my arms and didn't bat an eyelid, she's that kind of girl. She cuts my hair for me on a regular basis and has actually shaped my eyebrows a couple of times; I wonder if she suspects anything.

Thanks Rachel.

Hugs

Linda.