PDA

View Full Version : On CSI: NY tonight

Wendy me
01-24-2007, 07:39 PM
CSI: NY
60 Min. 10:00 PM Wed., Jan 24
Ch3, WCAX, CC, Stereo

"The Lying Game"
A transgender showgirl is murdered outside a hotel where a congressional banquet and a magazine launch party are being held, leaving the team with a long list of possible suspects.

Tedi
01-24-2007, 07:42 PM
The butler did it, in the library, with the candlestick.

Daintre
01-24-2007, 08:07 PM
I saw the trailer for tonight's show, looks like it could be a good one.

After watching the CSI NY show tonight, I was very distressed by what I saw, there was a general respect for the transgendered person, but at the end the "gentleman" who was accused of the murder brought back to me, the bigotry that exists in real life. He was a vile person

Amy Hepker
01-24-2007, 08:11 PM
I Didn't Do It, Nobody Saw Me Do It, Can't Prove Anything!

jamie_44
01-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Hi all! Did anyone see the CSI show called the "Lying Game" ? It was on Tuesday night Jan 23rd and I missed it. I think it had a transgendered person in it. I was just wondering how she was portrayed, negatively (as tv usually does) or positively.

occdresser
01-24-2007, 09:02 PM
why cant the crossdresser ever be the hero?:happy:

Wendy me
01-24-2007, 11:12 PM
well the show was done with respect to her they refereed to her as "HER"...the scumbag that killed got what he diserved....

CaptLex
01-27-2007, 02:24 PM
I missed that one, but I caught another one last night on one of those shows (sorry, they're all the same to me, so I forgot which one). The killer turned out to be an FtM TS who had transitioned and I suppose this was his way of avoiding being found out - I missed most of the episode. Ugh! I agree that we've yet to see one of us be the hero for a change. We're always either the victim or the villain. This bothers me because it just re-emphasizes what stupid, uneducated people think of us. If they can't use the media to shed some light on ignorance, they shouldn't mention us at all. :Angry3:

Karren H
01-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks Wendy.... Why do "we" always get murdered or end up the bad guy.... girl???

Karren

Eugenie
01-27-2007, 06:38 PM
I hope we will see that episode overhere in Europe soon.

Just as a spinoff of your post, there have been quite a few episodes of TV (I mean Television:D) series which featured X-dressers and in all of the one I saw the role given to the X-dreser was always positively depicted, trying to give an image of x-dressing that was far from that usually given in many medias.
In one of them I remember a reply by one of the characters "You know X-dressers aren't some sort of sexual perverts, they just are men who like to dress as women."
In the TV serie that I saw yesterday night, the character playing the X-dresser was in fact having a more positive role than some of the Police inspectors...
Perhaps these may have a better impact on the general public than any campaigns we could dream of...
:hugs:
Eugenie

Sage GG
01-27-2007, 08:54 PM
We recorded that CSI episode and watched it last night. It was pretty good, they first noticed "what big feet she has" then "What big hands she has" I though it was OK except for the fact that the "drag queen" was using the mens room. She was presenting as a girl wouldn't she have been in the ladies room?

susie evans
01-27-2007, 10:22 PM
we have a hero sister karren she's an insperation for all of us :heehee:

susie

ReginaK
01-28-2007, 05:13 AM
The butler did it, in the library, with the candlestick.

Sounds like the plot to an adult film.

CharlaineCadence
01-28-2007, 06:14 AM
Having seen many shows dealing with transgender in their theme. They have a hard time properly repersenting this due to the unbrella termonology. Also remember that the vic. was a female impersonator who went to far by invading the personal space of the man who killed her. You see, for some people there is a fine line between accepting who they are and what people percieve them to be. The man did not know that he was being kissed by a drag queen and/or female impersonator. His coworkers did know and never told him. Once he found out in the heat of passion, his own sexuality was threatened and this alone can cause people to loose control. Thus, the unfortunate death of a person whom was fine with who they were.

Its an unfortunate truth that this episode brought forth. The misleading actions of a person like that actually happens every day though the results are never or unlikely to be publicized. And it is because of these actions that the resulting transphobic feelings are showen worldwide.

Penny
01-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Having seen many shows dealing with transgender in their theme. They have a hard time properly repersenting this due to the unbrella termonology. Also remember that the vic. was a female impersonator who went to far by invading the personal space of the man who killed her. You see, for some people there is a fine line between accepting who they are and what people percieve them to be. The man did not know that he was being kissed by a drag queen and/or female impersonator. His coworkers did know and never told him. Once he found out in the heat of passion, his own sexuality was threatened and this alone can cause people to loose control. Thus, the unfortunate death of a person whom was fine with who they were.

Its an unfortunate truth that this episode brought forth. The misleading actions of a person like that actually happens every day though the results are never or unlikely to be publicized. And it is because of these actions that the resulting transphobic feelings are showen worldwide.
I saw it and :iagree:
The moral is "if you play fire, you are likely to get burned". Both did, and both got burned.

:hugs:

Julogden
01-31-2007, 02:57 PM
why cant the crossdresser ever be the hero?:happy:
If you can find a copy, check out the British movie "Just Like A Woman", has a CD who is essentially the "hero", along with his accepting SO. I know it was released on VHS, haven't seen a DVD of it other than an Ebay copy, which is probably a VHS-to-DVD transfer.

Carol:hugs:

Wendy me
01-31-2007, 03:05 PM
check it out here..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8hHzQvGYZQ

Kerry Owens
01-31-2007, 03:17 PM
One small note....and how many times is it in tv shows that the women are being killed? If not killed, abused and trashed? In tv-land women are definitely expendable. IMHO.

Kate Simmons
01-31-2007, 06:27 PM
One small note....and how many times is it in tv shows that the women are being killed? If not killed, abused and trashed? In tv-land women are definitely expendable. IMHO.Very good point Kerry. Very good point indeed.:happy: