PDA

View Full Version : transvestite or transexual?

occdresser
01-25-2007, 07:02 AM
if you are a transvestite or crossdresser(same thing) would you want to be a transexual?

occdresser
01-25-2007, 07:06 AM
I will answer first. I love to crossdress, and have nothing against transexuals but would never consider the transformation, but I wouldn't mind meeting one.

Tina Dixon
01-25-2007, 07:12 AM
A sex change is out for me, but i have thought of the next stage before I must admit, but I also am happy with who I am.

Raychel
01-25-2007, 07:15 AM
Nope not for me, I am happy with who I am.

DAVIDA
01-25-2007, 07:19 AM
I never would rearrange the plumbing, but a real chest would be nice!
I said that to Jean last night and she said" I don't know why. They sag and get in the way"! I guess that even when a SO approves and participates in dressing, They still don't quite understand it all. But then again, do any of us ?

tvdave
01-25-2007, 07:26 AM
I've said this before. if only there was a pill that would instantly change me into jessica simpson. Unfortunately, I have to settle for my little cleavage and imaginary female parts. At the same time, I guess, I can dream that I actually look like Jessica.

susan

Marcie Sexton
01-25-2007, 07:29 AM
If I could back up 25 years the answer is YES...and God forbid something happen to my family, yea I'd give it serious consideration....but for now, I'll stick to Marcie as she is...:o

Josephine56
01-25-2007, 07:31 AM
Occ(asional)dresser,

That's me, too. I'm a bloke first and foremost. I'm not female at all.
I do, however, like to indulge in private fantasies and feel female clothes on.
I can also temporarily reverse the aging process by putting a wig and make-up on.

I also like to collect nice photos and those of other (more successful) C/Dressers to admire and enjoy, but that's it.

Suzie S.
01-25-2007, 07:37 AM
That is a really tough question for me. Those thoughts have been running rampant through my mind the last couple of years. Crossdressing doesn't seem enough for me anymore. I know I would truly like to be a woman in every sense of the word, but I could never give up all that I have in life now. I have a responsibility to my wife and family, and a great job. In a nutshell I'm too chicken to do anything about it. So, a crossdresser I'll remain. I could never do that to my wonderful wife, she is my whole world.

I hope that confuses you (er, I mean clears things up!) LOL!
Suzie S.

Vicky_Scot
01-25-2007, 07:41 AM
Well crossdresser and transvestite are not technically the same thing depending on what dictionary you use.

The meaning in some are as follows:

Crossdresser - a person, esp. a male, who assumes the dress usually associated with the opposite sex.

Transvestite - a person, esp. a male, who assumes the dress and manner usually associated with the opposite sex.

Others say that Transvestites dress for sexual gratification.

Anyways back to the original question.

if you are a transvestite or crossdresser(same thing) would you want to be a transexual?

What I must say is that yes Transexuals before discovering/accepting that the are in fact Transexuals may crossdress. But in general the vast percentage of crossdressers do not want to become or indeed live full time as female. They are like myself are happy with who they are and have accepted that they have a male and female side to them which both need the chance to be expressed.

But would I want to be a transexual is really irrelevant as a Crossdresser and a Transexual are two totally different issues.

I feel you would have been better asking:

if you are a transvestite or crossdresser(same thing) would you want to be a real woman?

vannesar
01-25-2007, 07:45 AM
Not really I enjoy dressing , it's like a weight lifting .Have considered it ,but once you've had the chop that's it.vanessa

Marla S
01-25-2007, 07:49 AM
You can't ask "Do you want to be a TS ?"
Being a TS is not something to want, its a fact out of the strong conviction to have the wrong body. Wrong body as part of the self, and not as something that makes the clothes fit better when altered.

tvbeckytv
01-25-2007, 08:00 AM
Well crossdresser and transvestite are not technically the same thing depending on what dictionary you use.

you cant stop people corrupting language to give their own prefered meanings to words. But transvestite means what it says, being a literal translation from latin : (trans-, "across, over" and vestere, "to dress or to wear")

Marcie Sexton
01-25-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm sure I am the wrong gender, but will probably leave this world as I came into to it...

Have come to terms with it, happy, content, and satisfied with my life...

RobertaFermina
01-25-2007, 08:18 AM
I love my body as it is.

Now if there was an operation (or bag of pixie dust) where I could shape-shift between, I'd gladly have that button installed and begin 'that' adventure !

I feel I'm already on it with the pixie dust clouds billowing in my brain. :heehee:

:rose: Roberta :rose:

jozee
01-25-2007, 08:23 AM
give me 2 dolly partons. i'll keep the rest, although bigger would be better

Kate Simmons
01-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Years ago transitioning would have been a distinct possibility for me. Now, however, the point to do so would be moot and meaningless and would accomplish nothing as far as being who I am.:happy:

Lissa Stevens
01-25-2007, 08:45 AM
As I am most likely TG I would consider transitioning.

melissacd
01-25-2007, 08:50 AM
I suspect that if you have to ask the question then there is a good chance that you are not a TS.

For myself, for the most part I am fine with the configuration of my body. If I were on my own, I would consider living 7/24 en femme for a while to see if I enjoyed it enough to stay that way. At that point I might consider other changes such as permanent removal of facial hair (I have never liked having that anyway). I have a high degree of certainty that I want to leave the lower plumbing as it is, I am less certain about other changes such as boobs, facial modifications...my life has changed so much over the last few years that I am now willing to acknowledge that nothing is ever cast in stone.

What I do know at this point is that I am solidly on the road to growing and evolving my femme personality. I have grown to like that part of me very much in spite of all of the difficulties that it has created for me.

shawnaraylynn
01-25-2007, 09:04 AM
I would have to say i more tg than my so would like but I am not ready to give up my life now , (yet) for transitioning. I t does however weigh heavily on my mind and has caused several bumps in the road.

Stephenie S
01-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Marla said it right.

You can't ask, "Do you wish you were a transexual?" You don't choose to be a transexual. It is something you know just as certainly as you know you are gay or straight. Ask your SO why she knows she is a woman. She will tell you that it's something she just knows. She did not CHOOSE to be a woman, she just is. Transexuals have the same awareness. Yet when they look in the mirror they see something else. Hence the turmoil and angst. And desparate atempts to make it right.

Lovies,
Steph

LindaTS
01-25-2007, 09:26 AM
For many years I thought I was a CD. Then I started to have doubts about this about 5 years ago and started testing sessions. It turned out that I'm a transsexual, all the doctors have agreed with this finding. We who are TS, or TG, are born this way and it's nothing we choose to do. You either are or aren't, no in between. It's too bad I'm not able to have GRS. If it were 20 years ago I'd say yes. But now I have some medical problems that won't allow me to have the surgery so I have to accept it. At least I now have small but real breasts. And yes, they're still growing.

tommi
01-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Melissacd makes a good point about having to ask the question.
Several years ago after being caught dressed for the umpteenth time
my wife insisted on couciling basically if I had no attachments (family you silly girls) I would consider RLT and see if it is really something I could do.

ChristineRenee
01-25-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm transgendered and a cd. I don't care for the term "transvestite" personally, as it tends to have a more negative connotation in the general public than cd and other terms do. Just my :2c: on that.

I have been diagnosed with gender dypshoria, and am either intersexed or dual gendered...take your pick of those two terms.

I have been on HRT for 3 years and am continuing on with it on a maintenance level. I plan to be on it for the rest of my life.

I do not believe that I am a transsexual. I consider a TS to have female brain wiring which I don't believe that I have, although I have recently experienced some distain for my male attributes, and am working through those feelings as I write this. I have no plans at this time to do SRS now or at anytime in the future.

There ya go! :happy:

Han
01-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Personally I am a transgendered and a crossdresser, or as I like to think pan-gendered as my gender generally moves on a sliding scale, regardless of how I dress. I can be pretty feminine and move to masculine in a split second or share little bits of both. I also wonder how much of dressing and gender is down to simple vestic fetish.

I do not consider myself transsexual, I am happy with being a man, although it would be fun to experience being a female for a short while, but there is no magic flip switch.

Cassy11
01-25-2007, 11:09 AM
I am happy with who I am. I love to crossdress. As others have said, if you have to think about it, you don't want to change.

Casey Morgan
01-25-2007, 11:18 AM
As I've said before it doesn't seem like that far to any place else from where I am. The one nice thing about my body being half wrong is that it's also half right. I'm not sure I'd want my body to feel completely wrong. I know, transsexuals don't either, but you know what I mean.

ChristineRenee
01-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Being a TS is not something to want, its a fact out of the strong conviction to have the wrong body. Wrong body as part of the self, and not as something that makes the clothes fit better when altered.Totally agree Marla. If you have to think about whether or not you are TS...you ain't it! ;)

Maggie Kay
01-25-2007, 12:07 PM
I found that the notion of being a CDer or TS for me is a matter of focus and knowledge of self. When it was drilled into me as a child that I was male by my mother, who was I to question? I was told what it was to be a man and I did not like it. I dreaded becoming one. That didn't mean that I wanted to be a woman just that I dreaded my future. It was as though I was doomed to become a brute beast that lost control of it's senses and hurt women. BTW, my mother was a single mom and abused by men. It took me decades to sort though the feelings and emotions to see that I have a gender issue. I couldn't figure out why I was drawn to womens' clothes as strongly as I was. Now I know. They are my clothes. Slow on the uptake, I guess...

NatalieGirl
01-25-2007, 12:23 PM
I would not care to change my gender. I'm a man who likes to dress up and pretend he is a woman from time to time.

Even if I were so inclined, I would not trust any surgeon to do it. I have had nothing but incompetence from the doctors I have seen about my medical problems.

Sweet Jane
01-25-2007, 03:02 PM
I don't want to be a transexual.....

loki_uk
01-25-2007, 03:26 PM
I consider myself bi-gender, I don't think I'd be completely settled as either sex despite how much I love wearing womans clothing

Hmmm ok I'd settle for bigger breasts, and thats about it I wouldn't want to physically be a woman but to solve family issues it would be nice to work as a women and then go home as a man to my wife then I'd have the best of both worlds

Lisa Golightly
01-25-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm a Glamsexual... It's far more 'Ooooooooo, Oooooooooo, Ohhhhhh' :)

Mary Morgan
01-25-2007, 03:58 PM
I have not experienced the need that I believe compels transexuals to go through all the pain and suffering they go through. I am compelled to cd and the the older I get, the more compelling my need/desire. I would love to have breasts, and I would love to have the freedom to present as female, but I would not go through SRS. I would put myself somewhere in between and simply refer to myself as transgender.

janedoe311
01-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Do I like what I see in the mirror? No, never liked looking in the mirror, still do not.

Do you like you part down there? No not at all, would be glad to get rid of the thing. Only my wife would have a problem with that, and any future kids.
Would you like breasts? Oh yes, have since I “discovered” them. Have for a very long time felt like something was missing on my chest.

Do you like men? No, not in the least, I do not like looking at them and find male bodies disgusting. I like women and their bodies.

Do you have female attributes? Yes, in tests I usually am about 60% female, I have to fight female gestures and motions that happen without thinking about it.

Would you want to be a woman? No, I am 55+ married with two small kids. First of all my family is most important. So I can not make any changes. I have to suffer in silence.

Do you CD. No I tried but it did nothing for me. Since I can not be a woman there is no point in “pretending”! FYI: I like wearing dresses and like long hair and would love to have breasts, but I cannot look at myself in the mirror. I am 6’1” with extra large hands and size 12 shoes and a baritone voice. I cannot pass so there is no point.

Do you think you could live as a woman say if a fairy came by and changed you including making younger, without you wanting it? Yes, no problem at all. The only problem is I like women but being a lesbian is just about as much as a turn off. I would not want to be alone so I would probably force myself to be with men to be “normal”. Or simply go after Pre-op transsexuals, so “normal” sex is possible, have my cake and eat it too, (so to speak).

If magic was possible I would want to be able to change back and forth from a man to a woman.

So you tell me if I am CD or transgendered/Transexual

Sierra Evon
01-25-2007, 05:05 PM
T-girl and happy :happy:" no surgery ", just being me !!!!!!:happy:

Kelly Greene
01-25-2007, 05:21 PM
to my understanding a transxelual is someone who honestly has the body on one gender and the "heart or sould" of another, in other words a woman who is intrested in relationships form a female point of view but who is stuck in a mans body.

I would love to fill out a bikini top, and have hair down to my sholders, but when it comes to relationships I am a man and I desire the male side of the relationship with my wife.

occdresser
01-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Being a TS is not something to want, its a fact out of the strong conviction to have the wrong body. Wrong body as part of the self, and not as something that makes the clothes fit better when altered.

good answer, this is what I was looking for

Nigella
01-25-2007, 05:31 PM

A transexual does not want to be a transexual, they want to be the opposite gender to what their body says they are.

The term transexual is used to describe someone who has undergone this transformation by medical intervention.

If there were any other way for a "transexual" to be the gender they believe themselves to be, they would take it rather than "go under the knife"

Debra Lynn
01-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Nope, quite happy the way I am!

Samantha Jane Foster
01-25-2007, 05:42 PM
I wish I were a woman. And I do want to be in a long-term relationship with a man. But I doubt I would ever have sex reassignment surgery. There's my family to consider-- I know I should "do what's right for me," but part of what's right for me is not feeling sad and lonely when I look into their eyes and know, no matter what they have said, they couldn't bear what I had done. Also-- I want to be a woman through the "regular" process-- growing up as a little girl, going through the body changes, not knowing otherwise.

The fantasy becomes ridiculous: if only I could snap my fingers and suddenly I would be a woman, with a 32 year past of having been female. The process of taking hormones, with worries of high blood pressure and other problems-- it sounds like it might drive an already melancholic mind to the precipice of suicide.

Wanting to be a woman more than anything, and never having that come true, at least taught me the value of not getting what you want. Sometimes it's better to know exactly what you want, even if you can't have it, than merely to go through life acquiring the things which others say you ought to want. People always say, "If you want something-- go get it-- just do it-- make it happen." But this is one batch of lemons that can't be converted into lemonade. So-- you simply dwell on the desire itself rather than the fulfillment of it. I think of the person who has everything he or she wants-- what's left to desire after then? Desiring sort of lets you know you're alive. That, and writing long paragraphs, very much a sign of life.

JC
01-25-2007, 08:46 PM
i am happy as i am ---- a man that wishes to play dress up. it is fum and it just feels good....

jc

marie354
01-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Years ago transitioning would have been a distinct possibility for me. Now, however, the point to do so would be moot and meaningless and would accomplish nothing as far as being who I am.:happy:

:iagree: Yup! Years ago when I was young, if I knew what I know now, very likely. Now... Too old, and this bod wouldn't handle the changes I'm afraid. I'm happy, especially since I dress 24/7 most of the time when I'm home.
:happy: :hugs:

SandyR
01-25-2007, 09:09 PM
I like who I am, and plan to stay that way. No changes here. I love the rush of being accepted as a gurl, in public, but I also like being what god gave me.

Hugs....

SandyR

MJ
01-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm a Glamsexual... It's far more 'Ooooooooo, Oooooooooo, Ohhhhhh' :)

define glamsexual ? what is That !. well i guess i am a cross dresser , has i have not had the operation srs/grs , but when the time is right i will kiss goodbye to my boys, add a few pounds of silicone , and enjoy life to the full

Gail Stauffer
01-25-2007, 09:27 PM
the thought of being a girl full time has often crossed my mind, I feel I would be happier that way!! we will see, I definitely enjoy being a girl when I can!! it feels better to me for some reason. more who I am I guess, it's hard to explain. I certainly love this wonderful side of me and enjoy sharing that with you all!!

Megan_Girl
01-25-2007, 09:37 PM
As bad as the acceptance is for the TG community now 25 years ago was brutal and I would not want to go back to that. But, like many before me ...."IF" I could rewind the my age 25 years I think I would like to have tried to CD 24/7 and explore the possibility of making the transition from M to F.
But, here and now after many years of being who I am in the real world I am now comfortable and happy with who I am and who I'm not.
XXX
Megan

Audry
01-25-2007, 09:40 PM
If I were twenty years old I might want to change, but I am to old to now.Maybe some day there might be a drug for it, wow wouldn't that be a kick. Hey! all the strides they are making with DNA one could chose the color of hair size of feet, heart shaped tush, big breast, small?
I hope i live to see something like that:heehee:

surely2day
01-25-2007, 09:49 PM
There are as many opinions on this as there are desires. I have had too much fun with my little fella to go through separation, and divorce. Hell, if it wasn't for playing with him and the sexy thoughts we've had together, I probably would have never found all of you.

Samantha B L
01-25-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm happy with my body as it is.The idea of changing seems scary

Donnadcd
01-25-2007, 10:05 PM

the sooner the better!!!!!

ChristyS
01-26-2007, 06:09 AM
Honestly, I think a LOT about having a radical orchidectomy...(having my testicles surgically removed.) I wouldn't miss them at all...and my testosterone level would be negligable. I'm not at all interested in SRS or breast implants/hormones. Go figure.

gennee
01-26-2007, 11:59 AM
I am a very happy :happy: transvestite.

Gennee

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-01-2007, 11:07 AM
I am a transvestite/ crossdresser and always will be. I would not have the sex change although I would like to be dressed 100% of the time en-femme and live as a woman if it wouldn't hurt my family, of course it would though so I am who I am. I really wish for real breasat though and would do this in a second if my wife would let me. Go figure if you can!

ArleneRaquel
02-01-2007, 11:11 AM
No surgury for this old 24/7 Bi - Sexual Crossdresser. I love the way I am and very happy. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Satisfied Irish Colleen

crossing-the-rain
02-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Never thought about trans.even CD,I've a little bit tired of it after half a year full timer,I think is more than enough,I'm happy to be a man.
Rain.

Marianna Julianna
02-01-2007, 11:41 AM
No, I don't want to be transexual, nothing against anyone who does as long as they've found within themselves who they want to be, but I regard myself as two people, him and her, we just inhabit the same body and are merged together in some way. Usually feeling more her than him, having to spend longer as him than her, but we are happy together.

RobertaFermina
02-01-2007, 11:53 AM
For those who must change, the change is a must.
For me it is an option, sometimes a curious attraction, sometimes a repulsion.

Definitely would subscribe to the reversible 'Magic Pill', though.

PaulaJaneThomas
02-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Over the years I've met and talked with many hundereds of people from all over the gender spectrum. Labels like transvestite and transsexual are a very, very crude approximation and not particularly helpful IMHO. We're all trans and all human.

Andrea_girl
02-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I am happy with who I am

I would like to get out and about more though (but wouldn't we all)

Angela E.
02-02-2007, 01:18 PM
You can be TS without ever having a full transition.In fact most of us don`t. If you are TS you just know,you don`t have to ask yourself.I spent years in denial,but deep down I knew.-Angela.:rose2: :rose2: :rose2: :GE: :daydreaming: :daydreaming: :daydreaming:

JoAnnDallas
02-02-2007, 01:24 PM
I am a crossdresser 100%. Then too, if I was single and won the Lottery, I might go 100% en fem, but I still would not get SRS.

EricaCD
02-02-2007, 01:27 PM
All indications to date are that I am a completely ordinary crossdresser. I don't have any inclination to transition.

Erica

dominque
02-02-2007, 06:39 PM

mmm i am a transveitte well consider myself to be one and might consider eventually to be a transexual but i would have really think long and hard about it really

Juanita O
02-02-2007, 08:58 PM
I like the fun of playing dress up. I like being a CDer and do not want to change from the boy mode.:2c:

Phyllis1
02-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I am a guy who loves to dress up like a girl - have no interest in becoming a real woman only luv luv pretending......................

Amy Hepker
02-02-2007, 09:12 PM
At this time I am not sure.

Rachel Morley
02-02-2007, 09:18 PM
I would describe myself as a feminine male. My personality and outward presentation is decidedly girly in guy mode. Of course as a crossdresser, I also sometimes like to dress fully en femme and enjoy going out and doing and acting as if I was a woman of my own age. However, I'm very confident that I will not want to transition to full time, or permanently alter my body.

angela2112
02-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Yep

same as most replies. Transvestite,no urge whatsoever to become a woman. I can see where,why,how and all but at the end of the day for most of us it's about dressing up in women's clothes and not much more

PatyR
02-02-2007, 09:34 PM
For those who must change, the change is a must.
For me it is an option, sometimes a curious attraction, sometimes a repulsion.

Definitely would subscribe to the reversible 'Magic Pill', though.

:yt: In my case, I'm very happy to be CD.

almalove
02-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Transvestite, I love women specialy my wife, when I look at men ( the way we dress , act, the things we do in guy mode ) some times I wonder how are they atracted to men, well I think I know but it is still hard for me to imagine being with a man , but may be thats just me...

Almalove

Sejd
02-03-2007, 12:57 AM
I think I am a "Two spirit" person, half man, half woman. I don't want to change myself biologically, but I want to be able to express both sides of me. It's not an easy path we have chosen, but it is a real one!
hugs
Sejd

Kristinuh
02-03-2007, 01:04 AM
well as most people here say.......... Transsexuals and Cross-Dressers or Transvestites whatever u preffer to use are 2 totally different sides..... as far as what I know Cross Dressers have I guess u can say a double personality put into one???? I'm not sure so I hope I dont offend anyone, When I was 11 yrs old I knew something was wrong, I didnt know what was wrong but I knew something was wrong... as I got older to the age of 13 I found out that I wasnt the only one in this world that felt that way, that's when I found out about Transsexuals and when I hit 15 years old I started to dress as a female but didnt go on hormones untill i was 17 years old and been on them ever since........ to me it's not a choice to " become a TS " but you're born this way.... as most CD's here say.... they're happy to be males but they also know they got a feminine side.. at one point in my life I was a Transvestite now I'm a TS and totally happy now I enjoy the fact that now I have the female figure but you'd be surprised I know some Cross Dressers who got a natural female figure lol so I love everyone regardless if they're cross dressers or TS's :) also remember TS doesnt mean that we chopped it off lol as most here are saying about No I dont want to cut it off..... it doesnt mean you have to cut it off TS just means that you're on Hormone Replacement Therapy as I am and I'm sure other girls here are but no I am not planning on cutting it off either I've learnt to live with it and doesnt bother me in any way I know there's been arguments before about people saying TS doesnt mean you have to be on hormones but as far as what I know and what people really consider it as it's girls who have took the next step.

Barb Valentine
02-03-2007, 01:39 AM
I've thought about it
but I like who I am

DawnRodgers
02-03-2007, 02:01 AM
As in real life, all is not easy. Life changes and it changes you. Coming to that decision early in life would definitely make it easier and some who come to it late in life and do it have all the respect I can give them. As I see my stage in life I can say that I would absolutely prefer to be a woman in totality. But when you marry at an early age, have a family and the resposibilities that go along with that, you tend to bury your feelings and go out and live the best life you can. I can certainly think that, if I had it all over to do again and knowing what I know now, I would definitely be (and think I am now too) a TS. But that would also mean that I would have made different decisions earlier in life so that there would be few people, if any, hurt or upset by my decision. Being a TV is only a way I can be myself with out disappointing and upsetting a wholle bunch of people I am close to and think a lot of. A lot of people live a life they would rather not because of life's pathways. It is kind of simplistic to make flat out staements when you may not know as much as you think you do. Quoting others and making definite conclusions certainly doesn't inoress me. Frankly the world is not a better place because of people who think they know all of the answers and don't mind telling everybody how to live their lives. So yes, I would love to have been a TS, had SRS and live the rest of my life as a heterosexual woman. That's my opinion and my truth.

ChristyS
02-03-2007, 05:54 AM
I'm a serious crossdresser with some strong TS fantasies and desires...but haven't the guts, courage, looks, or need to attempt any transition.

Lauren B
02-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Transvestite, I love women specialy my wife, when I look at men ( the way we dress , act, the things we do in guy mode ) some times I wonder how are they atracted to men, well I think I know but it is still hard for me to imagine being with a man , but may be thats just me...

Almalove

And what does sexual orientation have to do with gender identity exactly?