PDA

View Full Version : saw a guy getting makeover in drab!

Adrienne Heels
01-25-2007, 08:12 AM
I don't know why this surprised me, because I had been trying on ladies shoes just before this and have done this myself (but in not as busy a department store) , BUT....

I had some time to kill after a meeting yesterday, so stopped in Macy's in Boston to browse. I was trying on womens shoes at the sale rack along with a few GGs (and picked up an adorable pair of high heel clogs for 50% off) . When I was leaving, I noticed a husky guy en drab getting a makeover at the MAC counter in full view of the floor and no one seemed to notice. I thought good for him! I also noticed that several of the reps at various cosmetic counters were male as well.

It shouldn't have surprised me, because no one seemed to mind or really notice my trying on heels.

Karyn

Marcie Sexton
01-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Perhaps the door to acceptance is starting to open...I sure hope so !!!

Karren H
01-25-2007, 08:46 AM

Hope so too but sonetimes those spring loaded doors have a tendency to snap back and whack you in the back side after you've passed through.... THUD.... Then the self locking mechanism kicks in..... CLICK....

Ohhh well...

Love Karren

Debbi
01-25-2007, 11:25 AM
I had my very first make-over at the mac counter in Macy's at our local mall in West Covina 2 weeks ago. Wife and I had gone there to buy some things at Macy's with a gift card she had received last month. we then went over to the MAC counter to buy some needed brushes and lipstick. I was dressed in my male look, although it was more of a metrosexual style. anyway, I was asking one of the MA reps some questions about beard cover/foundation. she proceeded to pick out a PERFECT color for my skin and proceeded to apply. before I knew it, she had done my entire face, and a INCREDIBLE eyeshadow job on me. It was a busy Sunday afternoon and people were walking by the entire time. i really never noticed anyone. I really don't think it's a big deal. especially at the MAC counter. it was VERY comfortable and I learned a LOT about applying shadow. and colors i would not have normally thought of using either. a great experience and one everyone should try.

janedoe311
01-25-2007, 12:51 PM
too look younger. Executives, managers etc. Men are also getting facials and using face creams more. Think is just the companies trying to sell more by making aging a disease.

Did you know that the FDA has classified small breasts as a disease so doctors can treat it. That is sick.

goofus
01-25-2007, 01:30 PM
I had my very first make-over at the mac counter in Macy's at our local mall in West Covina 2 weeks ago. Wife and I had gone there to buy some things at Macy's with a gift card she had received last month. we then went over to the MAC counter to buy some needed brushes and lipstick. I was dressed in my male look, although it was more of a metrosexual style. anyway, I was asking one of the MA reps some questions about beard cover/foundation. she proceeded to pick out a PERFECT color for my skin and proceeded to apply. before I knew it, she had done my entire face, and a INCREDIBLE eyeshadow job on me. It was a busy Sunday afternoon and people were walking by the entire time. i really never noticed anyone. I really don't think it's a big deal. especially at the MAC counter. it was VERY comfortable and I learned a LOT about applying shadow. and colors i would not have normally thought of using either. a great experience and one everyone should try.

Well it especially wouldn't be a big deal in groovy California at a MAC counter. I mean RuPaul is/was MAC's spokesmodel for Chrissakes. :happy: Unfortunately, they don't even sell MAC in these parts that I'm aware of...

almalove
01-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Now I'm one of the bravest peaple out there, I'll go up in to figth with a guy a foot taller than I, I will even take a bullet to protec a love one, you name it , but to have a makeover in a public place there is juts no way that can happen, I love to crossdress but that I'm terrifided..... is it just Me....?

Marla S
01-25-2007, 02:17 PM
I bet 90 % of the observers never heard about crossdressing.
Most likely "gay, manager, or gay manager" That are known categories.

renee k
01-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Well it especially wouldn't be a big deal in groovy California at a MAC counter. I mean RuPaul is/was MAC's spokesmodel for Chrissakes. :happy: Unfortunately, they don't even sell MAC in these parts that I'm aware of...

What, you mean there are no large department stores such as Macy's in Indiana? If you find a Macy's, you'll find a MAC counter.

Huggs, Renee

SherriePall
01-25-2007, 02:44 PM
That really takes a lot of nerve to do in a busy store. I nearly died when an SA had me sit down at her counter while she tried to match foundation. I just held my breath that nobody who knew me went by.

JeanneF
01-25-2007, 03:31 PM

There's a MAC store at the Keystone Mall in Indy, as well as a MAC counter at the Nordstrom at Circle City.

There is also a MAC store in Cincinnati, OH if you're in SE Indiana, and of course multiple stores up in Chicago if you're in the NW.

FWIW, I've tested makeup on myself at the MAC store in Cincy, and at the MAC counter in Macy's in Dayton, OH multiple times, so don't worry about doing this in the Midwest as well. ;)

goofus
01-25-2007, 04:22 PM
There's a MAC store at the Keystone Mall in Indy, as well as a MAC counter at the Nordstrom at Circle City.

There is also a MAC store in Cincinnati, OH if you're in SE Indiana, and of course multiple stores up in Chicago if you're in the NW.

FWIW, I've tested makeup on myself at the MAC store in Cincy, and at the MAC counter in Macy's in Dayton, OH multiple times, so don't worry about doing this in the Midwest as well. ;)

I'm way north of Indy and way east of Chicago. We have a Macy*s, but according to MAC's website, MAC isn't sold there. Go fig.

JoAnnDallas
01-25-2007, 04:43 PM
When I moved to Dallas back in 2005, I thought of going to MAC or similar to see if they could make my face look younger. When you get over 55, then you have to pull out all the stops to compete with the work force.

I have some morning when wife leaves early and I have some time to be JoAnn. One day I got into a hurry to change to drab and leave for work and forgot to take off all my makeup. I took off the lipstick, but did not clean the rest of my face. It dawned on me about 10:30 that morning that I still had makeup on. No one noticed it so I left it that way. LOL

I had gotton some new makeup right before christmas and it more closer matched to my skin tone and so was the powder too.