PDA

View Full Version : A "Date" with my wife

Phyliss
01-25-2007, 01:06 PM
This past Sunday while we were doing to weekly grocery shopping she picked up a tin of breakfast rolls, cinnimon flavor. She asked me if I was working all week or did I happen to have a "slow" day. Thinking about it I told her that Thursday looked rather slow at the time. With a bit of a grin she dropped them into the cart and said "Good, we can have breakfast together"
"Whoooo Boy" I thought, a date with her.

So today arrived and thankfully I had the ability to spend some quality time with her. Making the most of it, I put on a fresh pot of coffee, baked the rolls, and went so far as to get a small candle we had laying around, so we could have a "candle light" breakfast. Just sat there and had some small talk while we ate the rolls. Without going into too much detail I'll say that since there wasn't anybody else around we had "desert" and it was GOOD. Fun shower afterwards, and I even volunteered to paint her toes, which she agreed to.
So here she was in her robe and me in mine sitting on the floor in front of her "doing" her toes. What a great time.
It's just "those little things" that can make for a nice day. Some days I really :love: her. Of course I gave her many :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Marcie Sexton
01-25-2007, 01:53 PM
So there are more hopeless romantics out there...

We've been know to do that stuff a lot, but it has been a while...perhaps tomorrow would be a good day to spring something like that on her...

Eileen
01-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Phyliss that is so sweet! If only more couples could start a day like that once in a while. The little things really do make a difference.

Eileen

SherriePall
01-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Phyliss -- If you keep that up, you'll ruin it for the rest of us. LOL. Wonderful story.

Phyliss
01-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Phyliss -- If you keep that up, you'll ruin it for the rest of us. LOL. Wonderful story.

Yeah, I know :D

One thing she has told me is that, she's talked to some of her girlfriends and they've told her that they would "kill" for a husband like me. Little do "they" know. However, like I've said to my wife, there's no picking and choosing about me, you gotta take the whole package, meaning BOTH sides of "the coin".

kerrianna
01-25-2007, 04:03 PM
That's sweet Phyliss :hugs: . Thanks for sharing.

My SO and I have discovered that sometimes you just have to clear the calendar for each other. It's funny - if you weren't living together and 'dating' you would do exactly that. You live together for awhile and get into the daily rythymns of life and you forget to make time for 'dating'.

Enjoy the rest of your day sweetheart. :love:

Jasmine Ellis
01-25-2007, 05:50 PM
so sweet just the two of you having a lovely time what a lovely touch with the candle just beautiful well done to you

Ashleigh GG
01-25-2007, 06:19 PM
It's the little things that count when you've been married for any length of time. It kind of feels like you are still courting, doesn't it? I love the romantic things...

kaitlin
01-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Wow that sounds so nice and I bet it was a lot of fun. Desert after breakfast.....YOU GO GIRL !!! sometimes we just don't slow down enough to enjoy what we have right in front of us. Kaitlin

JC
01-25-2007, 09:50 PM
i never say thank you enough to the wife .... you did well!

jc