PDA

View Full Version : Went out today

Sally2005
01-26-2007, 01:32 AM
I had the urge to go out today. This is more or less the second time I went out. It took a couple hours to get ready and I wore my new jacket (I posted a recent image of the jacket in the images section) I didn't bring my camera with me when I went out. This outing was not as stressful as the first. I was able to get completly dressed and made up with foundation and wig all at home. I have to leave the house in guy mode so I wore my long ski jacket, male shoes and pushed my hair up under my hat. The temperature is very cold (-20C). Under my jacket I wore my women's jacket. When I went out I stopped in a parking lot to take my hat and jacket off, put boots on and apply lipstick, eye liner and shadow. Then I was fully ready. So I drove a little more and parked on a side streat near a local tourist location/park where I could walk. I walked for several minutes, sat on a bench to look for something in my purse and walked back. Along the way a few joggers passed me from behind and no odd looks back and I walked past one lady who I smiled at and she seemed shocked that someone smiled at her than anything else. I also saw many other people in the distance and no one stopped to look (If you stop moving you get cold though). So no odd looks from anyone, that was fun, a bit difficult trying to keep a smile on my face (which feels like I'm grinning ear to ear, but its just a slight grin in the mirror). On the way home I found a small deserted parking garage to wipe my face and put my guy clothes back over. All in all a good day, it was a short but fun adventure. Now I have this urge to go for a makeover to get even more natural looking and go already dressed...maybe next time. bye for now. Sally

Rachel Signy
01-26-2007, 02:08 AM
That sounds like a fun outing. I understand about not leaving home obviously dressed - two days ago I went out and the only person who looked at me funny was I guy who works in the building who recognised me. I had decided that it was well worth the risk. The other person who recognised me called me by name and treated me like she always does - a preferred customer at the video store. People who didn't know me treated me as female (including a couple I spoke to - I've worked on the voice).

Congratulations! I'm glad your first steps went well - being in public is special.

susie evans
01-26-2007, 11:50 AM
i have found that most people don't even give a second look we worry a lot more about it that they do it gets easyer each time you go out :heehee:

susie

vbcdgrl
01-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Congrats, Sally, on your outing. Sounds like everything went well. I know what a hassle it is to have to finish dressing in the car, but sounds like you pulled it off.
I also ventured out yesterday, in the daytime, to the mall. I dressed in my normal mode, like you see me in my avatar, with a below knee length full denim skirt and sensible low heel shoes. I got to the mall just as it opened, entered through the Macy's store, then walked the length of the mall to the Sears store on the other end, and back. While in the Macy's(used to be Robinsons-May), I browsed the lingerie department. This was great fun, there were a bunch of other women in there, and it was like I was just one of the gang. No stress like when I used to go in there in drab.
I found the Lane Bryant store and VS, but didn't go in. I stopped and looked at the little puppies in the pet store.
I then made the return trip back through the Macy's store, where one of the SAs gave me a friendly Hi. My femme voice isn't too good, so I just kinda mumbled a return Hi.
As far as I know, I didn't draw any unusual looks or attention. Great fun, and I fulfilled my New Year's resolution!

Vikki