PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Rachel Signy
01-26-2007, 02:17 AM
I'm getting back into things after several years inactivity, and I love getting out. But gay and lesbian bars are pretty much out because I have a problem with alcohol and won't set foot in a drinking establishment without someone supportive to accompany me (and my friends don't drink and dislike bars). I used to mostly crossdress at 12 step meetings (gay ones) but (no offence to those whose butt the Steps have saved) I dropped out 3 years ago and am now doing very well (sober 22 months).

There's only so much shopping this gal can do! And hanging out in coffeeshops en femme is OK (I've done that recently) but I think I need to get creative. Any suggestions?

Karren H
01-26-2007, 06:44 AM
How about doing what I love to do..... Just do what ever you normally do but do it enfemme..... movies, dining, chores, stuff...... kind of boreing but do you really have to "DO" something special when enfemme??? Just being enfemme is special enough....

Love Karren

JENNYgirl
01-26-2007, 08:58 AM
awesome being sober for 22 months had a father that had a drinking problem and i know how hard it is your doing great my best wishs for you

MsJanessa
01-26-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm getting back into things after several years inactivity, and I love getting out. But gay and lesbian bars are pretty much out because I have a problem with alcohol and won't set foot in a drinking establishment without someone supportive to accompany me (and my friends don't drink and dislike bars). I used to mostly crossdress at 12 step meetings (gay ones) but (no offence to those whose butt the Steps have saved) I dropped out 3 years ago and am now doing very well (sober 22 months).

There's only so much shopping this gal can do! And hanging out in coffeeshops en femme is OK (I've done that recently) but I think I need to get creative. Any suggestions?

hi hon--been sober now for over 11 years, congratulations on your 22 months--the time will go quicker than you know---I don't know where you live but many of the larger cities and some of the smaller ones have Gay/Lesbian/Transgender AA groups---check the AA groups in your district to see if there are any in your area---also check your local university--the University of Southern Maine in my area has a number of TG type of events you would be welcome at. you might also go to TriEss or other TG support groups---eventually you may find you can go into a bar but not drink anything alcoholic--but if you have any reservations about that you are smart to stay out.--Good Luck

EricaCD
01-26-2007, 09:16 AM
It's a toss-up as to whether my favorite activity (en drab or en femme) is spending time in a good bar or just walking around a big city. Usually, when I am en femme and "the sun is not yet over the yardarm" I just go for as long a walk as heels will allow. Window-shopping, people watching (yes it goes both ways) and envying people with cooler apartments...it's even more fun as Erica.

suzy
01-26-2007, 09:31 AM
The things I enjoy doing are mostly shopping...following that, I love to go hiking and walking. I enjoy hanging out in the park as well, going to the library is fun....Sometimes I go to the airport to watch the planes or the zoo is always fun! The movies is a fun place to go.... There are plenty of places to go and things to do that don't involve alcohol.:D

marie354
01-26-2007, 09:51 AM
I do drink on occasion, but not like I used to before I retired. I hate the bar scene anymore. Smells like stale beer and cigarettes most of the time.
I find myself sitting home most of the time doing what I normally do each day. I try to dress 24/7, but can't always do so.
I still do most of the things I did before, just not in the bars anymore. I havn't as of yet been out shopping or whatever enfemme, but maybe in the future I will. I'm sure there are a lot of things that you like to do every day that you can still do. Even a drive in the country can be fun, especially in the fall when the leaves are changing, or at Christmas when people have lights on their homes. Around here some people decorate their houses for all hollidays. Maybe you need to find a new hobby... How about painting. My SO loves to paint. (Wish she would paint the kitchen, but that is my job)
I don't really know what more to say, 'cause there is so much to do in this world of ours. Get out and have fun.
:hugs:

susie evans
01-26-2007, 11:41 AM
take up a hobby like karren's and take a lot of pictures and post for us to enjoy you can have some great adventures :hugs:

susie

sterling12
01-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Join a Support Group. Probably one right in your town. You have already done AA, so it wouldn't be a big step to join a CD/TG/TS Group. You'll meet lots of new people and drinking isn't done at The Meetings. At least I've never seen it done at an actual meeting of any group I've heard of.

Happy Hour before, going to a Club after the meeting, yeah that happens. But you have the option if you want to take part.

And, you will get new ideas about things to do en femme. Go find a Group and join! If you don't have a group to join....start one! That will keep you busy!

Peace and Love, Joanie