PDA

View Full Version : Is Crossdressing Wrong?

Penny
01-26-2007, 10:07 PM
I personally don't think so. Afterall, how we choose to look and act is a personal choice as long as it's not illegal.
What I do think is wrong is we allow our behavior to be influenced by what we think others will think. By doing so, we don't even give others a chance to think for themselves. Therefor, if we allow that to happen, we stagnate without others even knowing whats wrong. The truth is, we cannot know what others will think without giving them the opportunity. Revealing our crossdressing initiates a favorable response of at least 50 percent among those who care about us. But through effective communication, it presents a chance to influence their thinking positively and elimate their unknowing influence over us.
In other words, by revealing our secret, the odds for favorable results are greater.
I would like to know what you all think.

:hugs:

Rachel Signy
01-26-2007, 10:39 PM
To me this question is like "Is eating rice wrong?" - it's such a no-brainer. Really, I've never thought of it.

Bethanygirl
01-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Society has the right to expect it's members to show the amount of conformity that will reduce or eliminate violent or destructive behavior that will cost everyone emotionally or financially. Society in return, has the obligation to be flexible enough to allow any lifestyle or difference in worldview that does not contribute to the above mentioned conditions. I do not believe that crossdressing in of itself contributes to any violent or destructive behavior towards one's own society. I believe that society has not honored it's responsibility to be flexible enough to allow crossdressers to exist without some persecution.
By all this, I conclude that crossdressing is not wrong, and society should mature some more to take the stigma out of it's attitude towards crossdressing.

But then I believe that in return for our being productive, tax paying citizens, our society should do for us those things we cannot do for ourselves, and even a doctor needs a doctor, so I believe in universal health care. I think we know how unlikely THAT is!

Guess I am just a dreamer... :D

NatalieGirl
01-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Crossdressing is definitely not wrong.

susie evans
01-26-2007, 10:52 PM
nope i don't crossdress i would just perfer to wear womens clothes:heehee: :heehee:

susie

Billijo49504
01-26-2007, 10:53 PM
NO, t's just left wing!!!!BJ

Kristen Kelly
01-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Society is changing, but at a slower pace than most of us would like. The Internet has brought a lot of us the knowledge that there are many others like ourselves. I have said it before the better we blend into the crowd by passing the less we are seen in the public eye, and the less we are seen in a good light. It is easy to say “out yourself”, buck the societies norm, forget the repercussions but I live in the real world and though I am not crazy about my job I do like the $$$.

MJ
01-26-2007, 11:08 PM
on one hand cross dressing is very wrong those who do it are sick sick sick and should be put against the wall shot and pis**d on, and not in that order according to my ex...
now cross dressing is not wrong. it's our lack of Faith in our-self's that's the problem we think if we come out everything will fall apart , it won't if we show Faith in our-self's and show confidence in our fem self we will be taken more seriously again our fear stops us every time

Alicia_lynn419
01-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Hello ladies.. I don't post often, but this topic has hit home with me. I agree with what Penny said, we gain more by being true to ourselves, but sometimes its so damned hard to get over the idea of what others will think of us, and that fear can lead to repression, and repression leads to unhappiness. This is EXACTLY what i am focusing on in therapy right now. I have come to realize that crossdressing is not the issue, the issue is how I choose to place it in my life.. how I choose to deal with it.

I do know that as i make new friends and come out to more people in my life, i feel more a sense of freedom than ever before. By doing this, I am becoming more in touch with myself - and it's a wonderful feeling!

joaniecd
01-27-2007, 12:01 AM
I agree with Susie We are not crossdressing, we are dressing the way we want and feel good about it. joan

trannie T
01-27-2007, 12:21 AM
To those of you who believe crossdressing is not wrong:

You have never seen me in a miniskirt.

Karren H
01-27-2007, 12:32 AM
NO

Karren

goofus
01-27-2007, 01:01 AM
on one hand cross dressing is very wrong those who do it are sick sick sick and should be put against the wall shot and pis**d on, and not in that order according to my ex...
now cross dressing is not wrong. it's our lack of Faith in our-self's that's the problem we think if we come out everything will fall apart , it won't if we show Faith in our-self's and show confidence in our fem self we will be taken more seriously again our fear stops us every time

Your ex really said that?? I thought Canadians were cooler than that :eek:

Gary
01-27-2007, 01:13 AM
For me this is much like my mental health issues...to me they are a part of me, not the whole me, and as such neither solely defines me as a person. I see sharing this with others the same as i do sharing those others things about me...few need to know and even fewer care...im just not that da*n special....gary

Justagirl
01-27-2007, 02:37 AM
Yes, crossdressing is a little wrong. Wrong because it's not "normal". For me, this is one of the things that draws me towards crossdressing- the fact that it's not normal. I think "normal" is synonymous with "inhibited". I think there is too much pressure to be normal in our society. I often wonder how many more crossdressers there would be if this were not the case. I also wounder if the term, crossdresser would have even been coined. One thing is for sure, crossdressing is apart of who we are here at CD.com and no matter how much we try to repress it, the notion will always find it's way to the surface. Everyone else is just going to have to deal with it.
Also, Freaky=freeness

Marcie Sexton
01-27-2007, 03:01 AM
For all those who think <?> that dressing is wrong, then I say its srong to want a nice car, good paying job, nice brick home with a white picket fence a pet and 1.5 children, which is exactly what "main" stream society says that "main" stream america is. In a nut shell it amounts to comfort !!! and for all those "main" :rolleyes: streamers, I am very comffortable as Marcie...after all they got one thing right, comfort...that is what its all about, both out side and inside...:2c:

Michelia
01-27-2007, 03:54 AM
While I am not and may never be ready to come out at my child's school or at work or church, I have become a lot more interactive as of late. I have found that exactly what you are saying is true and may be pretty important for all of us.

Examples:

I go to a store and only two elderly ladies are SAs there. My first impulse is to walk back out because I do not want to offend them and ask them for use of the fitting room, etc. But I decide to go in and engage them. We talk for a while and then casually in the conversation I mention that I love their clothes and I grab a skirt and put it to my waist and ask them how it looks. Before I know it they are suggesting I go and try it on in the fitting room and if I need their help to please call. It all turned out to be very pleasant and they were very surprised to learn I was not gay and that my wife approved.

I go in a store and there are a lot of young girls in there. I almost about faced. But I hung in there. I have been lucky never to have been humiliated while shopping, but for a second it seemed my luck had run out. I had picked out a couple of belts one white and one pink and had them draped over my shoulder and was now looking at a very short mini skirt. They began to giggle and talk about me. I could feel myself blushing but I decided to take it to them. I approached them and asked them what they thought of the skirt. One said "get away, you perv". I asked them if I could do anything to change their minds about me. I asked them if I could pay for the things they had picked out. One took me up on it. As we were standing in line, we talked. I told them how my wife liked me doing this and how much I loved her and what a good woman she was. They could not believe I had a real life! They were truly shocked.

So there! One week, one CD, and at least five people have a much more favorable idea of us!

Joy Carter
01-27-2007, 05:37 AM
Such good posts here. A number of years ago my brother in-law told us of seeing a CD out in public. He thought she looked like a pervert because she was more camp than gurl. He then told us he had no problem with gurls who pass. I didn't pursue the conversation. But I wonder about him. Another comment made by an ex friend was " Guys Dress A Girls Just To Give Oral Sex "???????????? He's one given saying dumb things over the years. But this was one of the dumbest.

Penny
01-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Joy, your ex-friends comment about oral sex is a clasic example of someone who doesn't think for themselves and Bethany is right about society not maturing because of comments such as these. So then if society "reflects the norm, are comments like these normal or ususal? Then to isn't crossdressing just unusual rather than abnormal?
Everyone has needs, goals, interests and desires. All of us I'm sure would like to be financially secrure. Few of us are because it is a desire and a goal but
won't become a need for most of us until we can no longer work and earn money. On the other hand, crossdressing is a need for us that, for whatever reason, and it varies, has to be filled. That is why it is vertually imposible to purge. Crossdressing is no more wrong than needing to belong.
One of the reasons this forum so wonderful is because it provides a means to express ourselves and belong at the same time. In our daily lives, our need to crossdress and our need to belong are in conflict.

Thanks for your great posts

Lanore
01-27-2007, 06:59 AM
One word of caution! Be carefull who you ask if CDing is wrong. Especially if they're carrying a hocky stick.

Lanore

Suzie S.
01-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Crossdressing is not wrong. Judging by the way I feel when I have time to dress, it couldn't be more right! :happy:

:love:
Suzie S.

Raychel
01-27-2007, 08:12 AM
One word of caution! Be carefull who you ask if CDing is wrong. Especially if they're carrying a hocky stick.

Lanore

:bonk: You also need to be careful talking about hockey sticks and crossdressing You could get Karren Hutton very mad at you.

Society today is starting to get better about accepting things that may be a little bit differant than the "Typical Lifestyle" but there is still a long way to go before the world is in total acceptance. There are alot of people in the world that would say that crossdressing is wrong, just as there are as many people that say that homosexuality, tatoo's, body piercings, or just going to church is wrong. Just because you don't live up to someone elses policies, only makes you wrong in thier eyes. I would say that they are the ones that have the problem. I personally try to just relax and enjoy my surroundings.

If I see to guys walking on the street holding hands. I feel happy for them that they found someone else to be happy with. Personally it is not for me. But so what they are happy. This is the way I wish that more people would think. It sure would make the world a better place.

So "Is crossdressing wrong?" Maybe in some peoples minds, But your mind is the one that has to be open enough to accept it. In my mind crossdressing is great, Everyone sould do it.

:2c:

darling_felicity
01-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Crossdressing wrong? It shouldn't even be called cross dressing. Just dressing for those boys who have discovered what they like, or those girls who happen to discover that they were given a boy's body at birth. Like me! I like it, when I see a girl who wonders what it 's like to have a dick-I know exactly what!!

tommi
01-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Crossdressing wrong? It shouldn't even be called cross dressing. Just dressing for those boys who have discovered what they like, or those girls who happen to discover that they were given a boy's body at birth. Like me! I like it, when I see a girl who wonders what it 's like to have a dick-I know exactly what!!

A very pretty girl who I was in school with once told me she wished she were born a boy so she could play all the boy sports:eek: .
My thought even back then ,we were both senoirs, god if we could only trade
bodies straight up she was so cute . Haven't seen her since graduation.:hmmm:
But back to the question at hand our we crossdressing or wearing what we feel most comfortable in and it just happens to be femme:doll:
Once again as I've ranted about before women can wear any article of mens
clothing and no one says a word.

MJ
01-27-2007, 09:26 AM
]Your ex really said that?? I thought Canadians were cooler than that :eek:[/QUOTE]

hi there
yes she did i have the letter to prove it , if i scan it and put it here i will get banned . but most Canadians are way cool and i have never met any that hold her views, so i am either lucky or blessed or both

Priscilla Ann
01-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Yes

victorialynn
01-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Dear Goofus

I'm just new here and would like to say so far this place is great! But I'll bet a million U.S dollars ( not Canadian- to little return) you've never been around a bunch of Canadian good old boy Rednecks. I grew up in an area were if you sneezed wrong you were an afront to our whole Judao-Christian society, your morals were suspect and a person to be shuned. Our country is COOL. I spent 25 years standing up for her. BUT you can't believe everything our government would like you to believe.
Over 25 years I've seen so many good people forced to give up promising carreers, not because of crossdressing, but, because of beingaboriginal, black, gay or maybe they simply didn't fit the standard pattern of what was expected.
Even if the government passed a law saying it was illegal for crossdressers to be discriminated against for dressing in opposite sex attire, could you imagine me going on parade in skirt, blouse, heels, panties, bra and panty hose. That would certainly have popped some caps at beer call.
The law parliament passed, finally making it legal for gays to marry and be eligable for the same benifits as " normal" couples, is now under heavy attack from the right and religious camps.Well so much for that. LOL
As to the original question of this thread?
No crossdressing isn't wrong. I've never felt guilty of anything except putting out money for a cute little dress now and then, and for not standing up for us when I should.
Have a great day Goofus and every body else.

Vicky

chantal rebbecca
01-27-2007, 12:45 PM
i beieve that it depends on the indiviual. for me no cross-dressing is not wrong but for another person it may be wrong. as to those in society that condem or persecute us, well i figure they are uninformed. also society attackws what it does not understand and right now cross-dressing semms to be one of those things. Chantal

Kahlan51
01-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Your ex really said that?? I thought Canadians were cooler than that :eek:

Yes Canadians are way cool. Thats why our symbol is a beaver. Also CD's are Canadian's Dressing. Cross Dressing is only wrong if you think and say it is. So have another thought........ like dressing up femme is the best spiritual and physical experience you can have. Love Kahlan

eleventhdr
01-27-2007, 01:00 PM
How ever the way most of how others see it is what does sem to make it wrong but just perhaps i the eyes of how slowly it is going bringing about the nesscary changes that we all do really want.

To be able and allowed to dress as we really do want to be it in what has been called female womens clothing but it is not really it is jsut all clothing in general and should be allowed to be worn by any who really do want to wear it!

Oh well

some day very soon we can all but hope so anyway tell then!

Suzy!

StacyCD
01-27-2007, 01:04 PM
I think 'wrong' is not the right word. If your are a male trying to present as the 'other' gender then you're probably looking at something that is currently not widely accepted. If you are a male wearing clothes that are typically associated with females but are not trying to present as a female this may also not be widely accepted but it probably generates a less negative emotional response 'because it's just clothes!" Right now I'm sitting here in a my dining room wearing panties, a bra, forms, stockings, a garter belt, a nice red dress, a woman's watch and rings. I'm not wearing any makeup or a wig. What I am doing is certainly not wrong. However, if my wife came home sooner than expected it would send me running into the basement to change!

Country girl
01-27-2007, 01:08 PM
NO, t's just left wing!!!!BJ

Sorry BJ but I have to disagree. Crossdressing affects all sides of the fence. I am a very conservative person as is my SO. I don't particularly care for the terms "right wing or left wing" but if one is to label, then there are a lot of CDer's who are "right wingers".

It is what it is, a desire to wear womens clothes and/or feel like a woman, like many other facets of life, it knows no boundaries.

Penny, to answer your question, no I don't think it is wrong to crossdress.

goofus
01-27-2007, 03:23 PM
hi there
yes she did i have the letter to prove it , if i scan it and put it here i will get banned . but most Canadians are way cool and i have never met any that hold her views, so i am either lucky or blessed or both

Gotta get those immigration papers filled out :D

goofus
01-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Dear Goofus

I'm just new here and would like to say so far this place is great! But I'll bet a million U.S dollars ( not Canadian- to little return) you've never been around a bunch of Canadian good old boy Rednecks. I grew up in an area were if you sneezed wrong you were an afront to our whole Judao-Christian society, your morals were suspect and a person to be shuned. Our country is COOL. I spent 25 years standing up for her. BUT you can't believe everything our government would like you to believe.
Over 25 years I've seen so many good people forced to give up promising carreers, not because of crossdressing, but, because of beingaboriginal, black, gay or maybe they simply didn't fit the standard pattern of what was expected.
Even if the government passed a law saying it was illegal for crossdressers to be discriminated against for dressing in opposite sex attire, could you imagine me going on parade in skirt, blouse, heels, panties, bra and panty hose. That would certainly have popped some caps at beer call.
The law parliament passed, finally making it legal for gays to marry and be eligable for the same benifits as " normal" couples, is now under heavy attack from the right and religious camps.Well so much for that. LOL
As to the original question of this thread?
No crossdressing isn't wrong. I've never felt guilty of anything except putting out money for a cute little dress now and then, and for not standing up for us when I should.
Have a great day Goofus and every body else.

Vicky

Well I guess no matter what country you're in things aren't always peachy...

kerrianna
01-27-2007, 03:33 PM
hi there

You're lucky she's your EX now.

Nobody deserves to hear crap like that. I feel sorry for her - must be dark in that cellar. Hatred and bitterness just eats a person up inside. I'm glad she is exexex.

How's that diet going hun? The dress is calling...the dress is calling...:D :hugs:

Andrea_girl
01-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Crossdressing is neither wrong or right. Its a need.

If it feels right then you do it.

Amy07
01-27-2007, 04:28 PM
As I have typed before, crossdressing is right at the right time.

Going to your daughter's ballet recital in 4 inch heels, fishnets, and a vinyl miniskirt just ain't right for anybody, man or woman.

The right thing for the right time.

Sierra Evon
01-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Crossdressing is by no means wrong at all, we all have the right to be who we are in life......:happy:

tanya3
01-27-2007, 05:17 PM
is it wrong to drink milk ?

Penny
01-28-2007, 06:27 AM
Crossdressing is neither wrong or right. Its a need.

If it feels right then you do it.
Well Amdrea. I do agree it is a need. But just because we have a need, doesn't mean because it feels good, we can fill it. I serial killer has a need to kill; I'm sure it makes him or her feel good in some way. So?

Alice Torn
01-28-2007, 10:13 AM
I have heard , that in a book about J. Edgar Hoover, who was the famous, longtime "right wing" crimefighting head of the FBI, that he had a red dress, he liked to wear, in private. I have known of conservative Christians, who struggled with cding. The church I am with condemns it, but, I have told a few people, that I had done it! If it gets around, I will be in for some looks, and behavior. It does say, in Deuteronomy 22:5 " A woman shall not put on a man's clothing, and a man shall not put on womens' garments. All who do so are detestable, to the Lord." Of course, there are many, many behaviors, that are sinful, in the Bible. Nobody can claim that they are sinless, or without a dark side, including those who condemn a cder.

marie354
01-28-2007, 10:34 AM
What is wrong or "normal" for one need not apply to another. I've had my ears pierced for about 5 weeks now and some people look at as very wrong for a guy to have both ears pierced. On the other hand, there are lots of people that pierce tongues, eyebrows, the nose, etc. I don't think that they'll ever get a management job... But you never know... We may see that happen yet.
No, I don't see crossdressing as wrong or bad. It's just the way I choose to express my girley side.
Normal? By today's standards, not at all. But then again... What is normal?

suzy
01-28-2007, 10:41 AM
What?

I mean....... WHAT?"

Not sure I fully comprehend the question.....

In a nut shell... Is crossdressing wrong... answer... NO!

next question???:hugs:

sami1952
01-28-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't think it's wrong,we as CD's have choices on how we choose to live our lives no matter what others think. This is what country is suppose to be,free.

laura47
01-28-2007, 01:31 PM
We were born nude! So anything after that is whatever makes us feel comfortable.

Glenda58
01-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Is CDing wrong NO. What's wrong is the other people with narrow minds who think you must follow in step with what they think:mad:

Cheyenne Skye
01-28-2007, 05:34 PM
To answer the question, I'll quote Sheryl Crow:
"If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad"

bredalee25
01-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Crossdressing is most definately not wrong. Saying that it's wrong is like saying that someone who likes the color red is wrong for doing so. It's just society who sees it as wrong because to society anything that's not the norm is wrong in their eyes. I still say that we should organiize and take our cause to washington and protest society's views on crossdressing. I think it's sad that a cder can't just put on what ever she wants to and walk outside and not be shunned or made fun of for doing what they think is normal to them.

ttfn

toygun22
02-01-2007, 12:12 PM
it is so not wrong

RobertaFermina
02-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Crossdressing in and of itself is wonderful ! and certainly not wrong!

That said, each of us carries on our lives in varied contexts which can make crossdressing fabulous, pleaseant, ok, unpleasant, dangerous. Even the mention of it can evoke a variety of consequences.

Hypothetically, if I knew that crossdressing in a theater would likely cause a stampede, I would not do it in a theater. So starting with this absurd possibility, there are probably a number of non-absurd contexts for limiting my crossdressing - contexts where insisting on crossdressing is knowingly harmful to me or others.

I also get to take on any harm to myself as a fair price for meeting a higher goal. If marching enfemme will raise awareness, and if getting beaten enfemme will arouse public action, then even that harm may serve the higher purpose....Though I have no stomache for Martyrdom I can see the value of such a quid-pro-quo.

so.....*NOPE*

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Paulacder
02-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Nothing wrong with it, Afterall J.F.Hover was a crossdresser and being the Director of the F.B.I. you know he wouldn't do anything Wrong

megan wright
02-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Is it wrong? I dont think so. I think that throwing off the ego and macho attitudes attributed to being a man is the most wonderful thing one could do. If every male could do that then it wouldnt be an issue. As for biblical times. Didnt everyone pretty much wear robes. Thats the way I always seem to see it portrayed. How did they tell the clothes apart back then? Just a thought or maybe everyone crossdressed....Hmmmm. Thank you ladies each and everyone for your courage and love of all. I am sure the world is a better place for all.

Staci G
02-01-2007, 03:36 PM
I have heard , that in a book about J. Edgar Hoover, who was the famous, longtime "right wing" crimefighting head of the FBI, that he had a red dress, he liked to wear, in private. I have known of conservative Christians, who struggled with cding. The church I am with condemns it, but, I have told a few people, that I had done it! If it gets around, I will be in for some looks, and behavior. It does say, in Deuteronomy 22:5 " A woman shall not put on a man's clothing, and a man shall not put on womens' garments. All who do so are detestable, to the Lord." Of course, there are many, many behaviors, that are sinful, in the Bible. Nobody can claim that they are sinless, or without a dark side, including those who condemn a cder.

Lucille
It also says in Deu 22 that you are not to wear mixed fabrics ie. cotton/polyester or wool blends and you are top build a fence around the roof of your house lest any man should fall.. We as Christians do not live under the law of Moses but under Grace of God..

Tina B.
02-01-2007, 04:08 PM
It's not wrong at my house!!!
:be:
Tina B.

janedoe311
02-01-2007, 05:14 PM
What is the big deal?

People should be able to wear what they want without being harassed.
Even in bad taste. Ever seen women with outfit that did not match. Like she got dressed in the dark or is color blind. I see it all the time, but no one yells "Hey Lady where did you get that outfit from Guide dogs for the blind?

No But if I guy wears a skirt or a dress he is a pervert. If he wears a kilt he will still get the giggles and stares and comments.

So what is the big deal it is just clothes!?

Deanna2
02-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I dont crossdress. I wear my own clothes. They just happen to be in the femme syle.

JoAnnDallas
02-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Last weekend, I bought some JMS T-shirts. Wife like them too. I told her that she could wear them too if she wanted. I then said "just think, we can share wardroves now". She looked at me then laughted and said "Guess so".

Goal for 2007, get her to let me wear panties and girls shorts.

almalove
02-01-2007, 06:19 PM
I've trying to find out but firsy I'm still trying to understand why do I like to dress like girl so I'm not there yet.