PDA

View Full Version : Your own work...?

Emma_Forbes
01-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Hi Girls,

I was just wondering....is your avatar a picture of you having done your own makeup etc...or is it one from a makeover (even a personal one from your SO)?

In fact it would be interesting to know the circumstances of your avatar.

Mine is all my own work - does it show? ...and I think it was just an evening dressing.

Em

Marianna Julianna
01-27-2007, 03:38 AM
All my own work, definetly, I would love to have a chance for someone to do a make-over on me, I would love to have someone tell me what to do but not likely to happen in a hurry.

GINA-CD
01-27-2007, 04:03 AM
My avatar is just how I'd like to look like in the real life.

I have a pic of myself in my profile which is the best make-up I ever achieved. BTW, that happened just once... it's hard to replicate!

Phyliss
01-27-2007, 04:22 AM
My avatar is a picture my sister took at the Macy's counter during my first outing. I had done my own make up earlier in the day but was getting a few touchups for the rest of the day.

I really should up date it. The grey wig has been replaced with a brown one.

Brianna Lovely
01-27-2007, 04:30 AM
Do my own makeup, though I'm still learning.

My current avatar was taken when I was trying on different outfits for different looks.

Kate Simmons
01-27-2007, 04:44 AM
Yep, they are all my own work. I've always done my own makeup, just my style, that's all for better or for worse.:happy:

Jenn S.
01-27-2007, 04:51 AM
This is from my avatar. I try to go very light on the makeup and the shoulder-length hair really minimizes alot of masculine facial features.

Jenn S.
01-27-2007, 04:53 AM
Okay, that was a little too big. Sorry :o

Tracy_Victoria
01-27-2007, 04:59 AM
HI Em

As you know I tend not to show an avitar, but this is because both Raksha and I visit the site, so there is no chance of Tracy popping up on screen when there about. aA we both visit here (use the internet) when they are about!

The picture in my profile is all my own work, I've never had a full makeover professionally done and see little point to paying for something I could never reproduce, so I'll keep to doing it myself.

As for Avitar's I do think they should be a representation of yourself, and not a picture of another person. I don't have a problem with cartoon avitars, they show the persons as the character they wish to be, however I do feel it's wrong to show another persons real picture, ie actress, model, or RG, as that not a representation of you, but a representation of another and thats not what avitars are about!

I'd much rather see a real person however good or bad, even if like me you hide it in the profile. At least people get a real feeling for who you really are.

Billie1
01-27-2007, 05:29 AM
Yea, my current avatar is just the usual make-up and such, and I took a few snaps with one of my shorter dresses that I don't have many chances to wear out these days (It's 4 below zero out today, BTW)

Lilith Moon
01-27-2007, 06:37 AM
All me, minimal foundation, no lippy, cropped from a full length shot (similar to my profile pic) and softened a bit to iron out the wrinkles.

Sam-antha
01-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Guess... no make up, no makeover, no face either

ChristyS
01-27-2007, 06:51 AM
Mine is my own work. I was traveling alone a few weekends ago and naturally had all my "stuff" with me. I took my avatar picture after an evening of getting all dolled up in my hotel room. I find I can do my best work in places like hotel rooms where I am free from the threat of interuption from others (like one can have at home) and where I have all the time I want to work my magic.

Raychel
01-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Because of the fact that I don't use makeup or a wig. I guess my avatar is how I would like to look if I was more advanced. Who knows maybe someday.

Toyah
01-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Its all me including self timed pics

carolinebrookes
01-27-2007, 07:20 AM
Yep! It's all me! Don't know whether it's a good pic of me or not, but it's one that I had just done before I joined up, so captured me at that time just right i think.
I wouldn't dream of having a makeover done! So far, I seem to get by just fine with my own efforts.

Keely
01-27-2007, 07:26 AM
It's me for better or worse. Current avatar was taken last week. Just light makeup. I try to change the avatar every couple of weeks.

Mary Jane
01-27-2007, 08:29 AM
I do my own makeup and the avatar is cropped from a pic taken during one of my usual dressing sessions.

SherriePall
01-27-2007, 08:55 AM
I did my own makeup shown in the avatar pic. However, the pic was taken at a scheduled photo appointment at a department store studio two Halloweens ago. I didn't tell the lady photographer I was a guy and she never indicated differently.

Kahlan51
01-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Hi : The pic in my avatar make up etc was all done by me. I haven't done much but lipstick and eyebrows yet but I am ready to take the next step. Pic in profile was done professionlly by Adam n Eve in SF. Kahlan

Kristen Kelly
01-27-2007, 09:06 AM
It’s all mine,one from the many times I'm out. Rembrandt I’m not more like color by numbers, but I have found something that works for me, and have gotten better over the year. I am planning on getting a makeover and some professional pictures taken in drab as well as enfem for a portfolio, hope to dabble in acting in the near future.

occdresser
01-27-2007, 09:19 AM
I havent dressed in front of my S.O. yet. So this is all me 100% natural. Man-I feel like a woman:jumping:

kaitlin
01-27-2007, 09:25 AM
My avatar isn't of my face but I do my own makeup, as soon as I get another "good" shot I'll put it in my profile. But the avatar is a litle of my two favorite things...CDing and ???? haha Kaitlin

Karren H
01-27-2007, 09:30 AM
My own... never had anyone ever help me with my makeup.... practice practice!!!

Karren

Margot
01-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Yes I do my own makeup. Some times are better than others. I enjoy doing it. Sometimes I wear full makeup including foundation other times just a touch of blush and lipstick.
:hugs: Margot

celeste26
01-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Mine is after a professional makeup artist did the makeup and a professional photo shoot. Unfortunately it was before the digital age came out and all I had were the photos in my hand in front of my web cam.

I will have better professional digital photos taken next month in a local transformation service that I will post afterward.

MJ
01-27-2007, 10:07 AM
all my own work , two years ago i paid for a makeup lesson after that it's practice, practice , practice.

Julogden
01-27-2007, 10:09 AM
The wig was purchased pre-styled on Ebay, but I usually do my own wig styling, everything else is my own work. The photo was taken after returning home from a local group meeting.

Carol:hugs:

serinalynn
01-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi Girls,

I was just wondering....is your avatar a picture of you having done your own makeup etc...or is it one from a makeover (even a personal one from your SO)?

In fact it would be interesting to know the circumstances of your avatar.

Mine is all my own work - does it show? ...and I think it was just an evening dressing.

Em

<----------It's me, no make up, no fuss no muss :heehee:

Jenny Beth
01-27-2007, 10:36 AM
As Sinatra would say, "I did it my way"! Mainly because this is the one area I don't get any help from my wife, she never uses makeup so I've had to figure it out on my own. She's a good critic though, if I use too much eyeliner she asks what street corner I plan to stand on....:heehee:

susie evans
01-27-2007, 02:21 PM
that's all my own handy work altough i would like to have a pro do my makeup some day it's like karren says practice makes perfect and some days are better athn others :heehee: :heehee:

susie

Kristi1948
01-27-2007, 02:23 PM
My avatar is all my wife's work including the leather skirt and sweater. This was taken on Christmas day 1990 and everything you see were gifts from her. :D

EricaCD
01-27-2007, 02:57 PM
It's all me, and I always do my own makeup, hair, etc. This was taken just after an outing with several friends in San Francisco this fall, which explains why the hair is a little bit windblown.

Peggy55
01-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Mine is not me at all but more how I feel. I have posted a picture of me here. No make-up just lipstick. Wig is from eBay... I haven't shown my picture much....

Lauren415
01-27-2007, 03:45 PM
all my work

cindybarnes
01-27-2007, 04:12 PM
I always do my own makeup and hair styles,, also take my own pics too. This current avitar pic is from early December after setting my wig in rollers then trying a up-doo look.
(trying the same look at a party tonight :) )

Cindy

Janelle Young
01-27-2007, 06:22 PM
This is all me and I am not a professional by any means. So in other words it is OK for all of you to try this yourself.

Rachel Signy
01-27-2007, 06:33 PM
My avatar shows my skills as they were 11 years ago. I can do much better now - I've arranged with a GG friend to do a photo shoot once I have a few more clothes (everything got thrown out a while back).

The picture was taken by another GG friend - supportive friends have made all the difference for me.

Amy_Starr
01-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Mine avater is a pic of my feet took during a secluded picnic, the pics i posted of my face the SO done the makeup as she is way better at it than me. When I do my own I look like a reject from twisted sister lol.

Jadeanne
01-27-2007, 06:38 PM
I did mine all by myself and my current avatar is one of the very few keepers that came from my first picture session. My mini tripod was a disaster and my rechargable batteries ran out after only a few shots. I switched to alkaline batteries and my regular tripod.

I wear the dress often with slight variations of accessories when I do chores around the house.

Jadeanne

MsEva
01-27-2007, 06:52 PM
I did my own makeup shown in the avatar pic. However, the pic was taken at a scheduled photo appointment at a department store studio two Halloweens ago. I didn't tell the lady photographer I was a guy and she never indicated differently.

When I grow up, I want to be just like you!:happy:
That must have been thrilling!

Oh, And I too do my own makeup.

Tracy_Victoria
01-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Strange

has anyone else notice, that besides 3 cartoon avitars, the only people that have actually given an answer here, have genuine pictures in there avitars or profiles?

Glenda58
01-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Haven't had a makeover yet. So it's all me lots of practice.

Andrea_girl
01-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Mine is all my own work.

Make up and dress.

Paula G
01-27-2007, 07:22 PM
It's all my work, and it shows!:( Usually will just have lipstick on, since I will do full makeup only when I'm going to be alone in the house for a while, which is once in a great while.

Jodi
01-27-2007, 07:23 PM
That is all my own work on makeup and outfit. Also, no photo of me has been touched up or photo-shopped. The avatar photo was taken by a friend as I sat in the hotel lobby for Erie Gala waiting to leave for dinner theater in town.

Jodi