PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

Helana
01-29-2005, 12:58 AM
A question for the administration.

Instead of having a long sticky thread full of pics, it would be great if we could all be given a personal gallery accessible through our profiles - say 5 or 10 pictures each to limit memory requirements. We could then update our personal gallery whenever we had new pics. In the long run this would be a better solution than having numerous pictures embedded in threads.

Also it could be on a privalege basis - the longer you are a member/or based on number of posts, the more pictures you could display.

Any comments anyone?

Tristen Cox
01-29-2005, 01:09 AM
Great idea! I'm all for it as well as I was in having a pictures thread. It would be nice to simply have a gallery where we could post our pictures. This idea has been brought up before. I wonder if administration can now do this. Perhaps with enough requests they will help on this.

Love
Tristen

Chrissycd
01-29-2005, 01:14 AM
there she goes again, coming up with those WILD ideas. (Wish I'd thought of it... :p )
Add to that girl's rep!!!!
:)

jessicam
01-29-2005, 05:34 AM
Great idea i think it would be a lot better than a tons of threads embeded with pictures

jessica :)

Nina
01-29-2005, 07:25 AM
I thought the picture thread was a great idea but i wish it could have been every post had to have one picture attached to it so when you looked at the thread you didn't get what we have. You know first post has about five photos attached the next six post are people saying how wonderful the photos are followed by photos of their car, cat dog and pet monkey or something like that. Photo thread should be just that every post a photo of a yourself dressed. I also noticed the picture thread got sidetracked and ends up being post about allsorts of crap. People post thins like dito and thats it. What's the point in that? :confused:

Ok i'll shut up now as i've most likely upset most of you on here with my veiws. Oh i'm sorry if any of you have pet moneys i'm sure they would love to be on this site and are crossdressers too. :D

Vickie-CD
01-29-2005, 07:45 AM
You have my vote, I think it is a wonderful idea.
Vickie

ChristineRenee
01-29-2005, 10:19 AM
Way to go Helana...way to be thinking outside the box. I'm up for this...it's got my vote and support! ;)

How 'bout it Admin.?:)

Wendy me
01-29-2005, 10:33 AM
Way to go Helana...way to be thinking outside the box. I'm up for this...it's got my vote and support! ;)

How 'bout it Admin.?:)

waiting and still waiting........................................... ................ :confused:

Tristen Cox
01-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Administration doesn't read all the threads, so those that are interested in getting them to answer should send them a pm, even attach a link to this thread so they can see what each of us are suggesting. I'm not sure their e-mail is working but I have been replied to by pm's. And give their response a few days to arrive.

Love
Tristen

DanaJ
01-29-2005, 10:43 AM
As long as we are making suggestions - what about making it so you have to be a registered member in order to view ANY photos? As it stands now, anyone in the world could come look at all the content, posts and photos on this forum, without registering. I don't know of many online groups or forums that allow that much freedom to unregistered members....

DanaJ

Tristen Cox
01-29-2005, 10:49 AM
True, a 'members only access' photo gallery ;)

MichelleGray502
01-29-2005, 10:52 AM
yes i think it's a great idea as well but i also dont think it's not fair to girls who dont own there own scanner like myself who has go find a scanner in a public place i have pics to show you all but i haven't been able to get to a scanner to get them in the forum. so i think it isn't fair that way i would llike to know what everyone else thinks of this and how we girls that don't own our scanner can benefit from this. otherwise it's agreat idea

DanaJ
01-29-2005, 02:55 PM
yes i think it's a great idea as well but i also dont think it's not fair to girls who dont own there own scanner like myself who has go find a scanner in a public place i have pics to show you all but i haven't been able to get to a scanner to get them in the forum. so i think it isn't fair that way i would llike to know what everyone else thinks of this and how we girls that don't own our scanner can benefit from this. otherwise it's agreat ideaCan't you buy a scanner? The price has come down to where you can get a nice one for well under $100 US... alternately, buy a digital camera and you will not need a scanner.

DanaJ

Sweet Susan
01-29-2005, 03:07 PM
I think all of the ideas are good. Limitiing viewing to members only seems very reasonable, though obtaining membership seems to be easy enough that nefarious fellows will get access if they really want it.

Ditto on what Nina said. Showing cars and cats and guns and cannons and other non-related items just seems to clog up the works. While I think we should have an avenue to share other interests, I personally get really bored with cars and guns and cats, so I think it would be great if we could sub-divide interests, though it does seem cumbersome.

Ashleigh
01-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Affirmative vote here. Keep security of our members a priority though.

ChristineRenee
01-29-2005, 03:44 PM
As long as we are making suggestions - what about making it so you have to be a registered member in order to view ANY photos? As it stands now, anyone in the world could come look at all the content, posts and photos on this forum, without registering. I don't know of many online groups or forums that allow that much freedom to unregistered members....

DanaJI am in complete agreement with Dana on this!

Admin
01-31-2005, 10:17 PM
Good idea. I will look around at the various solutions for galleries addons to vbulletin.

here is one option but it costs a bit
http://photopost.com/

or there is a free solution called Coppermine I believe. I will continue to look at all available solutions.

Fallen Angel
01-31-2005, 10:35 PM
i think its a great idea! and it would be nice for some of the shyer ones to take advatage of posting photos so members only could see

ChristineRenee
01-31-2005, 10:40 PM
Good idea. I will look around at the various solutions for galleries addons to vbulletin.

here is one option but it costs a bit
http://photopost.com/

or there is a free solution called Coppermine I believe. I will continue to look at all available solutions.Thank you Admin! I believe that more members would be willing to post pics here as long as their privacy was protected. Whatever you can do in that regard would be greatly appreciated by the members here.

Thanks for your interest in this matter.:)

Love,
Christine

Ashleigh
01-31-2005, 10:55 PM
I second what ChristineRenee said and thank you so much for what you are doing in this respect and for this wonderful forum. It is truly a haven for us.

Tristen Cox
01-31-2005, 11:26 PM
Thanks to administration for looking out for us. I hope there's something reasonable that will work. We all appreciate the effort. :)

Love
Tristen

Ashleigh
02-01-2005, 12:04 AM
And thanks to you Tris for all you do to keep the forum going as well as helping people like me who need to be instructed every step of the way on how to do things. You, Admin, and the wonderful people on this forum are what makes it all worth it to be here.

Helana
02-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Thank you Admin for listening to our requests. Whoever you are ;) , we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for providing this amazing place for us which is changing the lives of so many here.

Toni
02-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Hi Helena,
This has got to be the best idea ever - wish I'd thought of it.