PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take

sami1952
01-27-2007, 11:49 PM
I was just wondering how long did it take some of you girls to feel comfortable being out in the public.I read about how some of you go out and go shopping,night cubs etc. I've been out driving (mostly at night ) but i have been out during daylight.I used to in fem when i drove my big rig over the road, now i dress in ful fem and posted pictures on this website.It doesn't bother me no more but i still get a little nervous when i'm out driving,wouldn't know how to react if i got pull over by a cop. i guess within time i will be able to go out in public and injoy being out in fem in public.

Bethanygirl
01-28-2007, 12:20 AM
I am probably not the one to answer this, mostly because my experiences were completely different from most when I started out, and I was always more comfortable with myself when enfemme than when not. I have noticed however, that from my own experiences, what most seem to worry about, is mostly in their own minds. I have always had experiences where I was 'read' or 'clocked' over the last 30+ years. It never threw me, for I never intended to lie or defraud anyone concerning myself. Be who you are, and be happy and confident with it, and just about everyone you meet will accept you as you are. They may know you are a male, but even when they are uncomfortable with you, they will tend to treat you as a female they are uncomfortable with. I have always found that to be no more disturbing than having anyone be uncomfortable with me, and lets face it, everyone has someone in their life that is not comfortable with them.
I hope something I've said helps, good luck!

susie evans
01-28-2007, 01:28 AM
just act as though you belong don't get to wilde blend in with the crowd and you will be just fine you confedence
builds the more you venture out go at your own pace and what you are comfee with :hugs:

susie

Michelle (Oz)
01-28-2007, 03:07 AM
It has taken me about 4 months averaging an outing a week to build up to where I feel pretty confident to do most things day and night, formal and informal. I wouldn't try to do anything that I wouldn't want my wife to do for safety reasons and there are occasional warnings that cause me to take a little more care.
I try to blend but do not pass to any one who cares to look and I speak with a male voice. However, like Bethany, I never try to deceive. People seem to respect that.
Even though I have lots of opportunities to go out en femme, I never lose the butterflys in the stomach and the pleasure of going out.
My advice is to build up slow, be honest with yourself and the public, and have a purpose when you go out. The latter will give you a focus and is how males think.
Michelle (Oz)

ArleneRaquel
01-28-2007, 03:14 AM
I started CD'ing in June "05 and within 3 - 4 weeks I was virtually 24/7 and went out all the time enfemme. I love it and will not go back to
" normal ". :love: & :hugs: Trina - Irish Beauty Queen in Glasses, Bra, Panties, Pantyhose, and Flaming Red Hair

Joy Carter
01-28-2007, 03:21 AM
I had the desire to go out for so long that I made my mind up I wasn't going to spoil it by being afraid. With being here on the forum and the great sage advice from so many that have gone out. I just walked out the door with a smile and never looked back. :D

eleventhdr
01-28-2007, 03:27 AM
Still have a ways to go before I am really comfortable being out in public In girl mode but sure would like to do this very much so to be able to dress in public as my girl self would be a vry great step forward.

OH welll!

Suzy!

noname
01-28-2007, 03:58 AM
Not long at all. My theory is, women wear mens clothing all the time, this is BULL *&*#. What am I? Some kind of second class citizen. If they have the right to wear what they want, then I sure as hell do.

Marianna Julianna
01-28-2007, 04:27 AM
I just don't dare to go out as Marianna, partly for fear of standing out too much, partly because I have a young son whose school life would likely turn into living hell if I was found out about. The one time I was out though (fancy dress) I felt totally comfortable, and I made no effort to look like a man in a skirt (as my wife wanted me to) but did what I usually do. Many people commented on how comfortable I looked, as they do (I could see the wife cringing, mind she was dressed as a clown and no one commented on how comfortable she looked) so I think if i do go out dressed again I'd be okay esspecially now I have a new wig and style and don't look like an 80's time warp anymore.

Teresa Amina
01-28-2007, 07:16 AM
Well, if you take into account all the years I denied it to myself it was a very long time, but between self acceptance and getting good enough with makeup to actually go out was I think about four or five months. Just paranoid, really. Eventually you'll want to so bad you'll just go and not worry about it.