PDA

View Full Version : Hangin' with the guys thoughts else wear

Sally2005
01-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Sometimes I have to revert back an environment of beer, farting and burping once and a while. Especially when the 'guys' invite you over for a guys night out to play cards. Actually, its kind of fun because my friends are just average guys who once in a while have to re-enforce to their other friends that they are more guys than the others. I think its stupid, but that's the way it is. Anyway, one of the guys asked if we saw the new TS at work (a large company) and was she hot? The others said yea, and not hot. But, hey, that was about it, no lude comments, no jokes, not much more conversation. So I think society is changing a bit since 10 years ago. Now days such news seems to be more of a curiosity than anything. However, If only my friends knew about my CDing... they would be in shock and I would probably end up being required to dress on the guys night and do the cooking or something.

Anyone else finding it hard to hold back a smile in such situations when you are thinking about what you want to wear the next time you go out and they are waiting on you to deal the cards?

Jenn S.
01-28-2007, 02:35 AM
Absolutely. It used to be this way with me in high school, all the time. I was constantly having to prove I was the funniest, strongest, fastest, etc. than any other guy and it got pretty exhausting. I eventually got fed up with it when being more of a guy meant having a laundry list of sexual encounters with numerous girls, and I didn't have the stomach for this. Now, most of my friends are female. Nothing against other guys, but I can just find more in common with girls.

Joy Carter
01-28-2007, 02:47 AM
Gurl your not alone in this one. Countless times I wished I was with the girls instead of the guys. We would see these girls and anyone of the guys would say something about her. I myself would be thinking I should look like that and be desireable. I told my two best friends about my desire to be female years ago. One never mentioned it again, the other is no longer a friend.

dods460
01-28-2007, 05:39 AM
I see what you mean, with people that do see me I notice that they don't make a big deal about a guy wearing a dress and make up. It's kinda nice to feel comfortable in your enviroment no matter what you happen to be wearing.

Wendy me
01-28-2007, 07:11 AM
yes i think this rings a bell for abought most of us ... it was more difficult before than now to do the guys thing... fishing or hunting although just the break away and being out with no phones or computers is nice .....after a week in the camp well i am way over due for some me time ... time with my boys out doing the guy thing well it's worth every second.....

Penny
01-28-2007, 07:25 AM
I think for most CDs. we tend to look at women objectively as opposed to most men looking at women as an object. At least, I know this is true for me.
When sexual comments arise and they certainly often do, I just shug them off and move on for I have learned that, while not perfect, being with the guys is something I also need.

:hugs:

RachelDenise
01-28-2007, 07:52 AM
In many situations I often take a mental gurl break and temporarily tune out such as in boring meetings or where ever else it is needed. I find that turning my mind to fem thoughts and dressing at least keeps me awake and looking like I'm interested. I don't like the male testosterone game and generally don't get involved if there is one going on. I don't need to validate myself to others or really care how they see me.

Salina
01-28-2007, 08:42 AM
My wife and I hang with a group of couples and invariably the men and women seperate. The guys always talk work and sports. Often times I overhear (I'm really not trying to listen in!) the girls talking hair, clothes, shoes, and things of a feminine nature. I sometimes find myself wishing I were with them and kind of tune out the guys. I do make efforts to compliment my wife and the ladies on their hair, clothes, etc. which I know they appreciate. I agree with Penny that I (can't speak for other CD's) look at women more objectively. I also need time with the guys.

krissysSecret
01-28-2007, 10:24 AM
How very true to be physically in one place participating in some activity while mentally you are somewhere else...."you gonna deal those cards or what??" "Sorry..I was just thinking about my new favorite skirt... lol
I have to agree with Salina too.....I often try to hang closer to the womens group at a gathering because I enjoy the conversation so much more.
Krissy

Angie G
01-28-2007, 10:40 AM
When on break at work and talking guy thing I often think of dressing some times it makes the go faster :hugs:
Angie

JoJoGG
01-28-2007, 11:01 AM
My boyfriend feels the same way when at work. When people talk like that male or female he just feels the need to go home and put something pretty on to make him feel better. It is hard on both sides to have to be a rude obnoxious man outside the house and be a polite caring woman inside the house. So i think he too can relate to your situation.:2c:

JoJoGG

Kathi-Anne
01-28-2007, 11:28 AM
That happens to me on occasion. About 2 years ago, I was on a golf outing with the guys and we were doing the usual beer drinking and having the worst golf game of our lives. As one of the guys was having a poor game, I heard him say aloud to himself "get off the heels" After that, All I could think of was wanting to slip into my pantyhose and heels.
When I'm at parties. I hear women talking about their new clothes and shoes that they have bought. I sometimes wish I were in their clothes.

veronicagirl
01-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Just last Saturday morning, I went over to my brother's house for breakfast. Just as soon as I took my first sip of his good coffee; I just knew it would have tasted better with my usual additional flavoring of lipstick.

Denise01
01-29-2007, 05:14 PM
I can fully understand what you are saying about people not knowing.

I go to play cards every other tues night. Often a lady has to play as a man, and nothing is said. I had to play as a lady, and there were a few people that made some funny comments, about where was my skirt etc, Little did they know i would have loved to come some night as a girl, but this crowd is old, and set in their ways.
I have known a lot of them for quite a while and if they ever knew i was TG they would have a fit, and probably some not talk to me again.

That is just one of the things we have to endure, and hopefully some day, society will be a lot more accepting

Denise

Jena11
01-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Well, for most of my life I have had girls for friends, Now I have 5 close friends and only 2 guy friends, I rarely spend time with the guys. I just can not handle it. Jena

LeahCD2002
01-30-2007, 05:06 AM
Hiya Sally,

I can totally relate gurl!

I play ice hockey on a weekly basis with a bunch of guys. I am sure you know the chats that go on in the dressing room (isn't it ironic that it is called 'the dressing room'), giggles!

Anyway, I participate in most talk but sometimes sit back and imagine walking in the room all glammed up - I am sure jaws would drop! I also think about sliding my painted toes into my skates (all simple little pleasures).

To make a long story short, I AM WITH YOU GURL!

Leah

tommi
01-30-2007, 03:50 PM
I find myself doing it all the time while I'm working ,wish I had cosen a gender
neutral career.

Sierra Evon
01-30-2007, 04:15 PM
yes I vividly too recall , alot of that , but have now been away from it for soo long now years , its all outta site outta mind , I cling to being far to femme & ladylike , for most men, I'm viewed in most cases from guys as being one of the girls , and thats just fine by me , I dont miss it much !!!!, I still may get an invite to this years Super-bowl XXXXI , " pig-skin " party , with a guy I worked with when I was doing road construction work , he is still my friend , soo ya I do know what'cha mean , OOOPPPS , suces me , I had to fart!!!!!, those darn chilly cheese dogs from AM/PM , do it every time :eek:
I can relate.......

Melinda
01-30-2007, 05:00 PM
I hear you Sisters! The more I dress the stranger it feels to be around my male friends. I have known some of these guys for almost 30 years but I sometimes feel like a stranger just faking my way along and trying to make sure I don't stretch my arms out, tighten the back of my shirt and let my bra lines show. ;)

Karren H
01-30-2007, 05:39 PM
It does make me more aware for sure but I can chuckle at theer derogitory jokes...

Last year on a business trip to the midwest, we all stopped a a BarBque place and were BSing when the subject of sex change came up... And some of us old timers remember the two miners (one male and one female) that had sex changes at the same mine around the same time.. And one of the boss's was telling some of the story's and it was kind of funny... Ill have to expound on that later!!! Lol

But I got this real queezy feeling about the whole thing......... since I had two suitcases out in the car stuffed full of womens clothes, which I wore that night when I went out shopping enfemme,.......right under all their noses!!!

Hehehe

Love Karren

Tasha Meredith
01-30-2007, 05:47 PM
But I got this real queezy feeling about the whole thing......... since I had two suitcases out in the car stuffed full of womens clothes, which I wore that night when I went out shopping enfemme,.......right under all their noses!!!

Ooh, I hate that feeling. I also had a little trouble relating to the guys. Not that I look down on them: they're do what makes them comfortable just like I do. Even though I could also fit in, I get the sensation of "just playing along." I did wind up hugging a guy by accident instead of the usual handshake. Awkward.